Test Discussion Love Conquers All 2023: Vendor Items and Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by El Cucuy, Jan 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Cucuy Developer

Welcome one and all to the official thread for the Love Conquers All rewards feedback and bugs.

Enjoy new rewards from the Heart and Ice Cube vendor in the House of Legends, including a new material, style, and base items!

Along with these new rewards are new feats for acquiring them.

New Feats:
    • Painted Love
    • Color Me Impressed
    • Home is Where the Art Is
    Thank you for stopping by and sharing your feedback!
    • Like x 6
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Just noticed you’re a new dev! Welcome to DCUO. I just wanted to comment on the materials and recent texture work they look amazing lately. I'm pretty sure the recent texturing has been done by someone new, correct me if I’m wrong though!
    Specially the wet paint material really good!
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

All feats & Items seems to be working properly. I love the artistic direction you guys went with this seasonal. Really big Improvement, first with Anniversary and now Valentine's Day ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Welcome aboard, Mr. Boogeyman. Things look good so far.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The feats seems to work.
    We can see what the styles and base items look like....
    Although I have poor lighting in my Lairs.... I need a Lair with better lighting. ;)

Altrhough.... people in my comment section were puzzled...

Why is the Joy of Painting the theme for the Valentine seasonal??
    People did not see the link between Valentine and the Joy of Painting.
    And I have to admit.... I did not see it either so did not really know what to reply. :(

Could we get a material like the paint material but without the dripping paint fx??

• Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

7. Eve YouTuber

Out of all seasonals I find this one fitting the most, this or Summer. Art can be romantic depends on the art piece, and to whom it might be related. You are likely to feel something looking at a drawing\creation because that's what the artist want you to, aswell :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I guess you don't see a lot of romantic movies, do you? I would strongly recommend you to see Ghost, is not about painting but clay, or just search for the clay scene.

PS: The movie is a little bit old but it's worthy to watch not only for that scene but for everything.
  9. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Any clue of the starting day? I am not fan at all of this event, but feats are a hard drug and I have a ton of work to do during events :D
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I did see Ghost wayyyy back when... which has you mentions.... has nothing to do with painting.

I had girlfriends.... so saw lots of romantic movies thanks to them.....
    Heck everyone alive saw Titanic....;) ;)

As for romanrtic movies having anything to do with painting??..... What Dreams May Come???..... maybe As good as it gets a little??.... really all I can think of....

So the link between romance and The Joy of Painting???...... :confused:
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Hmmm...why do you associate it with a television show (is that the name of a TV show?) and not just with drawing?
    Haven't you ever thought to paint a picture of your beloved (whether you are an artist or not)? Perpetuate the image of your chosen one on canvas?
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

I think my answer pretty much covered it too lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

To be honest, from the beginning I thought it was just a joke ... how can one not see the association between art and romance (any art, poetry, painting, cinema, prose has always been closely connected with feelings, including love) ...
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

That's the first thing I had in mind when I saw the items on test server
    • Like x 1
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Absolutely.

Devs, you need to turn off the shading in most of the lairs. Right now if you want a painting to be visible, you can only place it on two walls (facing two directions). Place on the wrong wall / in the wrong direction and the painting is almost totally black. Which has been the case since the game started.
    • Like x 1
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs,
    The wet paint material is great - super glossy AND retaining your color slot choices is excellent. This is kind of what I thought materials would be like back when they were first announced.

What an excellent time it would be for you to:

1. Enable style sharing for Event styles so we can use replay badges to buy them on alts.

and

2. Enable material style sharing.
  17. Skoll Well-Known Player

I’ve seen mepps reply to a thread or post about material sharing or replayabilty like styles and stated it’s not possible with the tech they use.

Event styles should be replayable on other toons though. Are they really making more off FOMO by not doing this? If anything it’s just annoying.
    • Like x 1
  18. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I have a rainbow ring in my computer I want to know why
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.