Lots of give and take in this DLC. I'm having a hard time forming an opinion...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChowlinShicken, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ChowlinShicken Active Player

TL/WR version:

• Don't like reskins/rehashes - but understand that devs are bound by the story
    • Miss getting new artifacts - but understand that the dev cycle here went to tweaking existing artifacts and catalysts.
    • The 218 weekly mission is a lot more than JLD's 54... but a lot less than AoJ's 400+

Like many of you, my first instinct was "WUT!? This is just a bunch of rehashed, re-skinned content! RAWR!!!", but after that initial impulse... and thinking about it for a bit... the devs are kinda handcuffed by the story. All the places we re-visited? The story basically demands that we revisit them...

Now, the devs could have taken those assets, rearranged them, and said "VOILA! Now you're in a DIFFERENT part of Central City / OA / Batcave / etc.!!", but would that really have helped matters? I think we would still have the same complaints we have now, and the devs would have just wasted some cycles...

So basically, while I don't like the rehash/reskins, I see why they did it continuity-wise, and don't see a good alternative for the devs.

Then there's artifacts... I'll be honest, I was disappointed when I learned there would be no artifacts in this ep (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), especially after being spoiled by Atlantis and JLD. I was really hoping - at the very least - to get another episode-specific artifact ala Van Helsing's Lantern.

But then again, they did basically revamp the catalyst system and re-balance the artifacts, so I imagine they didn't have time to create new artifacts. I'd expect them to arrive in Part II. So yeah, another give and take.

I've seen a lot of complaining regarding the 218... but considering the range is between 54 in JLD and 400 (-something) in AoJ, isn't 218 smack dab in the middle? Again... a give and take.

The one thing I will say is that the difficulty balancing seems... off. For me, my main problem is with False Idols. That initial rush of mobs at the hands of Ares has led to many wipes and even more quits in my experience... but everything after that is basically cake. I've run it twice, and both times we've wiped on that first part at least twice... and then never again in the raid. Weird.
    • Like x 1
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The first part about re visiting places/"recycling" is how i felt about it. If you care about the story you understand the need to go to these places. If you dont then you just see it as re used maps. You summed up what i thought.

The second part. Im all artifacted out right now. We have a ton to work on and those grinds are real. Not looking forward to artifacts for awhile.
    • Like x 4
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

honestly...kind of done with the gloomy creepy plots...time for bright 4 color...its Time for
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. AV Loyal Player

The FI rehash of GoM fight mechanics is the only one that really bothers me. I find it boring and makes the first boss encounter feel tedious. To a lesser extent, I don't care for the re-use of Batcave bot either as its just i frame overkill time wastage.
  5. ChowlinShicken Active Player

I hear you on the LoSH, but I think that's probably going to be more Mordru given that one briefing we found in JLD, so... yeah.. more gloomy plots :(.

But I agree with you on needing a lighter episode at some point. It'll never happen, but I'd love a sillier episode where D list villains like the Ten-Eyed Man, Condiment King, Polka Dot Man, etc. do something desperate to get attention but end up getting in over their heads, leaving everyone else to save them and possibly the world.
    • Like x 3
  6. Dene Devoted Player

This sounds fun! I want this!

Also.. Something 100% Dcuo related.. like a civilian villian (or hero for villian side) getting all 3 types of exobytes infused and going on a rampage etc
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I would love to have to take down a rampaging Titanic Trenton! a proper big *ss open world bounty.
    • Like x 2
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

as far as junk villains & silly stuff goes, would love to see Killer Moth added in. but then, it becomes serious via the Charaxes storyline
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Titanic Trentons GREATEST superpower...the power to split into a small army able to patrol whole parts of the city....is challenged by all these superpunks beating him up...until the day he finds the location to the Hall of Doom...whole waves of Titanic Trentons attacking simultaneously...even some able to heal,absorb damage. etc...specialized teams of Titanic Trentons who have only one goal in mind...destroy the Hall of Doom into rubble wing by wing...and break every villain who dared attack him/them
    • Like x 2
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

funny...been thinking the same thing for years now...love me my Trenton...
    • Like x 1
  11. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Nah, not Titanic Trenton, the sparring dummies! They've taken your best shots quietly for years, learning your every move. Now it's their turn!
    • Like x 1