Looking for some Advice on Gadgets

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Akumakazama, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Akumakazama Level 30

Have this Gadgets character whom I've had since DCUO launched. I've been playing on and off. I was wondering if I should leave Gadgets for a more easier power. All the guides have you going into stealth as part of the Powers rotation. My only problem with this, for what I have now....soon as I try to go into stealth...boss or the battle knocks me out of it, so its bothersome for me.
    She's modeled after Hit-Girl, I have about 140 sp and I am at 182CR. I am not looking for a FoM. Something I can enjoy playing or grinding as a get to CR250+. Something I can enjoy the grind with, or feel like I am doing damage. A lot of SP require content no one does anymore so if I need help ie Raids/Alerts etc I can't seem to do them. Please, any advice or help will do.
    Mindy Mack PCNA
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Do you have your main frame mods maxed and batteries in your generator charged? Your white hands stealth mod should keep that from happening most of the time. If not then you should look into making the upgrades, keeping your batteries charged and wearing the white stealth mod. You get it from the dispenser by the front door of your base.

IMO............ if you are bound and determined to change. I would build a separate toon so that I could try the power I think I might like before changing.

Build a munitions toon and see if you like that power. You can stay ranged and do really well too. :)
  3. Akumakazama Level 30

I know my batteries are charged. I am still new with generator mods. Not sure about any for Stealth. I know I have all my slots filled with Might, mods in the red, 1 Dominate 3 Vitality, Not sure what the yellow ones are off the top of my head. Do you get those, stealth mods from the Mod dispensary in your Hideout? Is it expensive? With trying to max or build my artifacts not getting many MoV.
    I do have a lot of alts testing the waters...but none have my main's number of sp or CR.
    Munitions/Quantum feel like I am doing damage for my CR/SP level.
    I'm learning Earth/Ice/Mental but not so good still.
  4. Akumakazama Level 30

I am also looking for a build or power where I can be ranged. Most of the time for my powers to work I need to be in melee range.
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide in the Oracle’s Database (Guides) section has all the information you need to know about Gadgets.

The guide is well-maintained and extremely comprehensive. Post future queries there.

When using stealth, you need the Improved stealth tactical mod.

Also, having Cryo-Field active will break you out of Stealth.

Using EMP and then going immediately into Stealth also has the same result.
    • Like x 2
  6. Akumakazama Level 30

Thanks but I didn't think my post was "How to Play" cause I've been to many sites and that one seems to just be telling me what abilities do. Nothing about gear as another poster mentioned. If that is where I need to go to find playing impactful or fun then ill go there. A quick peruse of that site and it already says to use a melee ranged attack under a so-called Ranged rotation.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Max out your main frame mods. When you go to your main frame the buffs for the white mods will be the bottom row. The first two buffs are permanent @ 25 marks each and the last buff/3rd row @7 marks lasts for 60 days. When you open the last slot all of your white mods will open up in the dispenser that is by the front door of your base. Go there and grab the hands mod for stealth.

8. Brit Loyal Player

The character is based on Hit Girl and you would like a less obnoxious rotation. Flip to Munitions. The Munitions rotations are pretty easy without requiring a stance-dance, and only really depending on one status effect being applied.

Plus... Hit Girl with a bunch of different guns, thematically it fits just fine. Probably even better than Hit Girl with some crazy techno gadgets.
    • Like x 1