Looking for a Mental DPS loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

I did not find anything about it neither here and, neither on internet. I'm Gadgets and i will switch to Mental. If somebody else could advise me about which loadout are you using i thank you.
  2. DCWarrant Level 30

Terror tendrils->mass terror->psychic shock->tk bolt. With tk shield and bolt barrage. Does pretty good.

Be prepared to drink ALOT of sodas.
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Its pretty straight forward. Every power has a DoT, burst, cone aoe, 360 aoe, channeled abilities which are single target, beam abilities are also single etc.

If you read the power descriptions we have things called Power Interactions or pi. They add an additional 10 percent damage.

If you're approaching a group of adds, which combo of powers would you think to use? Single target? No. You want aoe burst and aoe dots mixed in.

All you're doing is spamming powers man. Use your imagination, READ your power descriptions. Go to a friggin dummy and look at the numbers for yourself.

Hypothetically what would you do if we were all pranking you and giving you a bad loadout on purpose?

Just trying to drop a grain of open mindedness on ya.
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

If you don't use invisibility in your load out, you're playing wrong, because you are not maximizing your damage, IMO. Plus the invisibility gives you options for alternate powers you might otherwise use sparingly, such as a group shield in DPS stance, robot sidekick (put both on your normal bar, and the invisibility load bar as well so it wont self destruct when invisibility is used...), or a SC
    for example.

As DCWARRANT said, mental can have a power hungry load out, so sodas are helpful. Don't worry though, those are cheap enough.
    Overall, I think mental might offer more variety in terms of options, thanks in large part to Invisibility, than some of the other play from the tray power sets.

Mental is underated power in terms of damage potential, but that potential comes with some risk, and more difficult play experience in terms of ease of use than other powers, so many players elect the easier, not so hard to achieve damage powers.

Good luck. I love mental BTW.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Anything'll do.

The trick to mental is to run with really bad dps about 20 cr levels with 200 skill points less than you.

You might have a chance....
  6. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Mod Precision, use bow and duel wield.
  7. Turnt UP New Player

thought bubble, pyrokinesis, terror tendrils, psychic shock, mass terror , (Very important INVISIBILITY, AKA big finish pain blast-20k-30k damage, super charge bolt barrage/ or NEO VENOM pain blast hits hard but is close range so add HEAT VISION OR FREEZE BREATH iconic moves no matter wtf your power is those iconics hit hard long range

so basicly thought bubble ,pyro , terror tendrils, shock, mass terror , go invisible if close up pain blast if far away heat vison/freeze breath either way you doin good damage. till you can use your super charge neo boost or bolt barrage

max damage hand mod or take zero damage in invisibility both helpful
  8. Turnt UP New Player

Or plan B go hard light spam ram and grasping hand with chompers and that's it boom you top 3 on leader board but ya will not enjoy trolling that much.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Go hybrid.

Terror Tendrils clip with menace / Flames clip with grandure / mass terror clip with invisibility -> from invis either supercharge, pain blast, or psychic prison depending on the situation.
    Then clip weapon attacks with mass terror and terror tendrils until menace is off cooldown.

Be sure to use improved stealth hand mod and not max damage.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Vagrant Committed Player

11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Psychic Prison, Sonic Cry, Mass Terror, Terrorize (Finisher), Low Pressure, High Pressure.
    This is an Awesome AOE loadout. PP is a DOT, Low Pressure is a pull, and has a complimentary and strong PI with High Pressure.
    Terrorize does great damage @ 35%. Sonic Cry hits at a shorter distance than MT, both hit hard.
    Usually I'll hit PP, then Low Pressure, Sonic Cry, MT or HP depending on health of adversaries.
    It's a lot of fun for fighting groups of adds; also pretty good on bosses. The AOE aspect simplifies Mental targeting issues, and can always hit multiple targets. I'm just half nuts; I mean half-Mental.
    And no it doesn't use Invisibility, as I'm too busy doing damage.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player