Looking for a 3rd artifact for a “solo everything electric healer”

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by gemii, Feb 14, 2019.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

I solo all content regular/elite. I’m looking for a way to enhance my game

Power - electric healer
    Cr- 262
    Sp - 411

My 2 artifacts I will never replace

Eye of Gemini
    Soul cloak
    ________

So I’m looking for a 3rd artfiact that fits this power for solo healing purposes
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Do you ever have issues with power?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Orb of arion for stronger priority heal
    Demon fang for higher base resto as well as more power management
    Or manacles of force for stronger shields and faster shields. Also, gives you a personal safety net to insure you don’t go down. Think of it like having 2 bio capacitors.
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

This is a yes and no answer for me it all depends on the content and group. If I’m in a random group with ppl I never played with or dps are just boneheads and refuse to block or avoid things then yeah I can be a bit spammy I have no other choice not to be lol and it’s not like electric has good HOTS so I’m spamming those burst heals and getting to my shields as much as possible
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Don't bother with the Arion, no decent healer spams a frighin priority heal.....if ur tank is that bad it doesn't matter anyway...

You can't heal a 1 shot (or 1 bang).
    • Like x 1
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

Yeah everyone always tells me go with your PlayStyle my problem is I’ve had the demon fang, cloak and eye of gem forever I have no experience with other artifacts so I really don’t know if it works for me and then at the same time I don’t wanna really waste xp on a artifact I won’t like. I guess I can’t wait till xp weeknd and get the menace force and orb to at least 80 that’s when the artfiact starts showing it’s glow right?

The manacles force sounds interesting I’ll be losing out on some power stats though

The orb also seems interesting im not sure how it works but I see a ton of people with it. It’s basically like a priority heal over time or something like that right? And it strips half your power bar once casted? Is there any downside to the artifact? I always felt something like this would work a lot better with strong HOT powers
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're electric, the Orb may not be a good choice for you. It increases the potency of your priority heal but also increases the power cost of your priority heal.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

I say Manacles for quicker shield cooldowns. Depending on level of soul cloak and EoG, you could probably have a shield up every time another go on cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  9. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

This is so wrong on so many levels. Not only is the orb of A A Ron the best healing artifact currently, but who the **** is spamming a priority heal? With the orb, you can hit crit heals of 100k, not only that, at Max rank for the next 9 seconds you have your priority heal cast every 1.5 seconds at 100 percent strength for ZERO power cost. This artifact is extremely strong. Coming from an "I solo everything" healer.

Not only is it strong, it's one of the only ways a healer is soloing elite content, if you have not solo healed elite content I wouldn't throw out wrong information.
    • Like x 3
  10. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I have the Orb at 150ish (maybe another month 'til I get to 160), but I'm fine with it since I don't spam priority heals (I'm water based)

but I have spoken with other healers who run elite content

and as you know depending on the group you may need to spam priority heals.

this is why many healers don't use the Orb, because they depend on priority heals, since it has a quick cool down and can quickly heal.

with water since I can place 2 HoTs down ( solace of the sea 'jellyfish) I can space them out fairly evenly each time.
    (I'll put down a HoT - remove the cooldown on it - wait for a bit - I generally do weapon attacks - then put down another HoT - so I have 2 HoTs which overlap a bit - and I can put a shield up when needed)

if I had used my priority heal and it's on cool down - I have to go to a shield (usually the 8 man, but sometimes the 4 man shield or 4 man heal [ I swap out 4 man heal for 4 man shield in 8 man content every now and then (depends on group)].

my base resto is around 24k
    I'm a precision based healer (no might except from gear)
    I have my generator w/dominance, precision, health mods (dominance really works IMHO)
    I'm slowly changing out my augments from just resto mods (right now I have 2 dominance and 2 resto origin augments) to pure dominance.
    I also have the upper two augments as precision and resto.
    I do use the middle focus in sp (so this helps I think), I have all the resto sp, and use the remaining on health and dom and precision.
    (I have 421 sp)
    I have the starheart and demon fang artifacts as well as Orb

I'm not worried about having too much dom (the tank and troll should always have more)
    daily I run the 4man SS alert and depending on the group at the last boss I end up playing mini-tank/battle healer for some time (with strong dps' it's fairly quick - with weaker dps - the ones who seem to lose focus on the faceless one - it takes much longer and I block much longer when being hit )

I think I'll try the manacles after a month or so - unless of course something better comes along
    and I don't use a supercharge - I don't need to
    I think since I've been healing from 2011 (I was sorcery for years and I ran without the watcher) - sc is not necessary - even for elite content
    because even w/sc a group will kill your chances of completion when they don't play smart
    and yes I solo heal as well.

I think you're doing the right thing..... building up artifacts is time consuming, a grind...

if only it were easier to test w/healing artifacts ....
    • Like x 1
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

respectfully disagree, to an extent. tank, yes that's true. no decent healer should spam priority? also true it's why we have loadouts and recognize the cooldown cycles, however orb of arion DOES have it's uses as an "oh ****!" healer artifact, just yesterday in silent school i brought a player back from the very cusp of going down from sacrificing himself on the sword of the dead king (literally no visible green in his health bar) and it brought him back up to 1/4th health long enough for me to pop off a good HOT to bring him all the way back to full health.
    • Like x 2
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

OP, I have an electric heal and I'm using Cloak/ Eye/ Fang.

I had been using Cloak/ Fang/ Omegahedron (for tons of power) but I love using Group Transducer so wanted to give Eye a go. I'm very happy with the set up now although if a 4th slot gets added I'm thinking of adding Manacles.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea, playstyle does play a big role. I personally love manacles of force. As a healer you are almost never gonna take much damage outside of mechanics. Usually through a stray attack or boss getting loose. But the manacles will save what would have been a certain death. And if the healer dies, especially a solo healer, so will the group. However this will make it so you don’t. Healers using manacles can save raids from potential wipes.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I'm Electric - I use Eye/Cloak/Arion

I rarely need to spam my priority heal, so it works for me.. with this set up, my GT SC is pretty much always on cooldown in a raid & I have a "pet" that does some good healing
  15. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Thanks all I’ll have to give it some more thought kind of leaning toward the manacle force. I’d have to get the orb to 160 for it to truly shine right?
  16. VizualeffectZ New Player

Yes, Orb is only worth is at 160, because then the priority heal he casts is 100% of your base priority heal. If it's anything less, then it's only 50% of your base priority heal, in which case, you might as well just drop the artifact and use your own priority for 100%...
  17. SalviMex Active Player

Is starheart fragment artifact not good for a healer cause i did not see it pop up once while reading all of this lol
  18. SalviMex Active Player

Also you said you use soul cloak do you also run the supercharge genarator with your healer loadout do you just use arc lightning and weapon attacks to bring up your supers just curious
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

Nope I stick to my weapon and using my Superpowers. I do have a league mate who uses it sometimes though I wouldn’t trust it in end game elite content though when theirs other more helpful things you can replace it with
    • Like x 1
  20. Yette New Player

Hi, in my healer, I've levelled up: Soul Cloak, Eye of Gemini, Orb of Arion, Demon's Fang and Omegahedron in order to try which artifacts are best for electric in regards to solo healing. In my conclusion, it comes down to the content you're running.
    In my opinion, electricity's strength relies heavily on Group Transducer's shield supercharge in most of the newer and harder content making Eye of Gemini, Soul Cloak and Omegahedron my go to.
    Reasons:
    - Scrap of The Soul Cloak allows me to build my supercharge quickly and reduce the supercharge of the shield, as well as give me extra 5% power
    - Eye of Gemini instantly gives back some supercharge plus a 3% power extra
    - Omegahedron increases my power regeneration and provides an extra 5% power
    I build up my power so that I may spam the heals without putting pressure on the troller because those heals also charge my supercharge. This results in my supercharge being charged back to 100% as soon as the cooldown on the shield supercharge is ready so that I may use it again.
    My power's at 69k and 24k resto without any buffs.

Alternatively, I can increase my power to 79k, and my resto to 25k by simply speccing into Superpowered > Both Healing Criticals > Might and Power > The rest into restoration
    - The artifacts used to make up for the loss of resto are Orb of Arion, Demon's Fang and Eye of Gemini
    - This build I find specifically good for the regular raids where the shield supercharge aren't necessarily needed
    • Like x 1