Long time PC player exploring other options

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

So I'd like to preface this with the fact that I'm extremely tired of logging into a semi-empty USPC server. It also happened recently that I've noticed developers for other studios are starting to focus on the current gen consoles both xb1 and ps4. Arkham Knight had a PC release that really showed just how much the gaming industry is favoring consoles over PC regardless of how powerful PC hardware is. Yes, I'm a card holding member of the PC master race but I do want to play games that are - well, playable.

It seems also that ESO, another game that I play on the side, has no respect for their PC community as they haven't released any large group content since September of 2014 or any 4 man content since November 2014.

This brings me to a dilemma. I'm a PC Master Race member yet it seems the amount of games and studios that respect my ultimately superior hardware are catering to the inferior console peasants. Must I become a console peasant in order to keep gaming?

Batman: Arkham Knight was supposedly released on the PS4 at 1080p/60fps yet the PC port has a hard time holding 30fps in the thick of things even if you remove the lock in the .ini file.

My real question besides my rant above:
    If I do hypothetically decide to turn in my pearly white silk PC Master Race Nobility robes and trade them in for feudal peasant garb will I lose my DCUO DLC?

I don't mind earning the skill points again or working through the content once more as I think that part is fun but I'd rather not lose the items that are tied to my heavenly PC account. Is there a way to merge them or do they share account entitlements?

I'm starting to become impatient with the server merge rumors. Sure, I could recruit more people to play the game but you start running out of contacts or colleagues to play with after a while.

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer:
    I don't care which platform you play on. :p Just as long as you have fun doing it. I'm mostly joking about it and while one set of hardware is better than the other it does not make the player better than another if they utilize different hardware. Play on!
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

they do seem to be taking quite a bit For Sever merge
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Get a console, problem solved. Well not your DCUO problem, but you can transfer your ESO account on PC to PS. Sadly even when crossplay comes to PC on DCUO, that option still wont be available.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lionxoft Committed Player

You can't transfer your PC ESO account to console anymore. That offer is finished.
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

You'll lose everything. AFAIK, there is no way to transfer anything from a PC account to a PS account or vice versa.
  6. Grid Ion Committed Player

dcuo is just out dated. Ps3 is holding it back. You should give Skyforge a try. Insanely good graphics and gameplay and is a pc exclusive.
  7. Falco Committed Player

As others have said, there's no way to transfer accounts on either game. And I'm not sure DCUO offering players a one-time switch would be a good thing for the PC community right now. Quite simply, Daybreak needs to quit dragging their feet on cross-play.

On a side note: DCUO PS4 was still busy the last time I was on. Also, I've run into quite a few ESO players that were quite happy they went to PS4 from PC (feudal peasant garb aside).
  8. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I think the industry see huge profit from consules since more people around the world prefer I think to play on consules (I'm just guessing). and the new gen with better graphics almost PC like not there yet is good enough for most people. I mean look at the game Xenoblade Chronicals X on the WiiU...its has beautiful graphics and its next like...on the WiiU no less. I don't think the PC is dead but consoles are pushing back and is raising in the ranks of nobility.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Look at all the money GTAV brought in on console alone. Then to release on PC 1.5 years later. The market knows consoles are very popular. Thus even now DCUO has real competition that is hurting it more than ever. DCUO needs something big this fall, or it will get a rude awakening from ESO, FFXIV, and especially from Destiny Expansion.

All we can do now is hope Cross play comes in soon, and that they have something big instore for the first quarter of next year.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Maybe it's time to pull back and ask what being part of the "PC Master Race" is doing for you.

I can't see the fun or gratification in finding self-worth or pride through over-identifying with a platform of choice.
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I am doing some Hearthstone while I wait for anything happens in DCUO.

But I want another option... dont want to buy a new game and dont play it, as I did with GW2, SecretWorld, Diablo3 :p
  12. kawe Loyal Player

You almost got me with this post, it was overly exagerated, but you never know nowadays. xD well done.

No, you can't transfer PC accoutns to PS. As PSN accounts are hold by PSN, not DBG, technically. That's really a downside.
    • Like x 3
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

He should join us in holy union that is FF:XIV
    [IMG]
    We wait your ships..
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. kawe Loyal Player

Nobles marrying peasants? Interesting
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

ahg! SUCH DISRESPECT!
    • Like x 1
  16. Nuubia Well-Known Player

Oh gawd. Lulz.

Who-who-who talks like this? :rolleyes:

Have some shade courtesy of Miss Campbell dear.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You would lose EVERYTHING....you would have to start over 100%.
    • Like x 2
  18. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Ikr its like that scene from Avengers "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" -Ironman
    • Like x 1
  19. kawe Loyal Player

This made me think of my shiny, perfect, glacier white PS4.
    Revolution baby. Time to destroy the class system!

[IMG]
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I tried to play sex, but it is kinda weird, if you dont, or do, the rotations...
    • Like x 2