Long connect times and STILL crashing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tygerfyre, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I'm seeing 10-15 minute waits on the premium login queue tonight. Then, when I finally do get in, I played one raid, got out, brought up the "on duty" menu, and it crashed me to desktop, as it has been doing lately. Not really the experience you want people to have, is it?

I think it's time to put the monthly content on hold for a month or two, and spend some time cleaning up the various messes in the game. Monthly content isn't doing you any good in terms of retaining people if the game is getting so buggy that it's unplayable. Crashing has become commonplace ever since crossplay, lag is worse, and people complain about bugs that never seem to get addressed because the devs are fixing whatever got broke by the latest episode or GU. Please take the time to get things stable again before rushing more content into the game.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

This is already something they're working on fixing, however at the moment they have to limit the server population to ensure stability.

If you want better access, buy a subscription. You get what you pay for.

Legendary players always get preferential treatment during times like this.
  3. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Good to know they are working on it. I don't see a post warning about it anywhere.

Of course, Legendary gets better queue times. But its been years since it has taken more than a few seconds for Premiums. Please don't try to turn this into a Legendary vs Premium thread. We have enough of those, and believe me, I've shelled out a decent amount over the years. The point is, the game has been having major issues, repeatedly, for quite a while now. It's worrying for the long term survival of the game that this stuff is persisting.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

It was a recent problem, it's not really persistent, portraying it as that is probably a bit of a stretch.

It's been going on about a week, the devs dropped the population cap until they can fix it.

last weekend the game was crashing entirely, so like they said a queue time is better than no time at all.

fixes aren't always simple because at times they have to apply to the likes of PSN for approval etc, I don't think they've really said whether it's ultimately a client issue or a server issue.

I brought up legendary not to start a debate, merely to point out that if you'd like to reduce your queue time, you could always subscribe for a month, it just really depends how important it is too you.
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Yes, the extreme long login time just started tonight, from what I've seen. When I brought up persistent problems, it was to point out that there have been major issues lately, one after the other, not that one of them has been persistent the whole time. (Although the crashing since crossplay is getting to that point.)

Overall, the game has been significantly less stable for the last couple of months. As you yourself note, it was crashing altogether last weekend.

No one said fixes were simple. I'm a developer in my secret identity, so I totally get it. But what we've seen has been a pattern of insufficient testing, followed by putting out fires. If this happens once, it's an aberration. But when it happens repeatedly, you've got a larger problem. We've seen episodes roll out, and then get turned off for a while, more than once. New features come out, and then need to be turned off or majorly revised. It gives the impression of unfinished work being rolled to production before its ready.

It'd be nice to have even a week without unscheduled down time or game breaking issues. We used to have that pretty regularly. Lately, not so much.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'd like to reduce the bugs in the game. The bugs really bother me, and as a result, I will not be subscribing until the bugs I have reported over the past year get fixed. I've put in time and money to track down those bugs and provide reproduction steps. If my time and money aren't valued enough to roll out fixes, then my money will not be going into this game any time in the near future.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

A few days back i was 1169 in the member queue. Its been going on this whole week. Not just tonight. Also all they have said is it will be fixed "very soon." Idky they cant give us a projection on a fix. Say something like "we are shooting for the end of next week to have this fixed but it could be longer then that or sooner." Personally i cannot stand very vague answers like "soon" or "in the near future".
  8. SnowStar Committed Player

just logged in made it through the queue, pvp-ing in little bohemia US server, game crashed.
  9. SnowStar Committed Player

this is not a duplicate post, it's reality: just logged in made it through the queue, pvp-ing in little bohemia US server, game crashed.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

stop supporting the game, demand bugs be fixed while not wanting to help support the developers or the game. sound logic.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, since supporting the game for nearly three years made a difference. Bugs have become more severe over that time. My logic: Losing profits will give a company more incentive to change than gaining them.

Why would a company change if business as usual is bringing in money?

Also, I want to make it clear that I have nothing against the developers of this game. I think they do a very good job with the resources they have available. I want the resources to change.
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I last played earlier this week, around Tuesday or Wednesday. The login times were something like 2-3 minutes for me as a subscriber and I was something like number 400 in line, but I quickly saw my numbers decrease until I was let into the game. The times for premium players was something like 5 mins. and free players 10 mins. I was able to play for a good hour or two before suddenly getting kicked straight to my desktop without warning. No disconnection screen or anything, first time it's ever happened to me so I guess that's how they are doing it now. I was just doing some solo stuff so it was no big deal, but still a bit of a shock all the same. After that rude awakening, I was able to log right back into the game within seconds with no problems waiting or anything though and continued playing for about another hour with no issues.