Localized weapon auras?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm curious to know if we have the tech possible to localize new auras to a weapon style, or provide us aura style like we have hands, head, feet and so on. I think it would be awesome to see some true orange and blue swords out there, a energy shield around a rifle or pistols, hand blasters speak for themselves.

some examples
    [IMG]

[IMG]

adding a green or yellow glow to your construct weapon styles
    [IMG]
    just a small idea
    • Like x 2
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If they were to implement this it would probably only be for new weapon styles going forward since a lot of weapons are different sizes so you can't really do a "one size fits all" kind of aura for them. For example in Dual Wield there are tons of different swords/daggers etc. that are completely different shapes and size. Maybe a material with an aura attached would work (if such a material is even possible), I don't know. Also we haven't gotten new weapon styles in...a long time, so chances of it happening are pretty slim.
    • Like x 1
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I thought about this recently when I saw the Azreal picture in the style initiative vote. The biggest problem I see would be that weapons of a given type come in all shapes and sizes, so they'd either have to find some what for those to become dynamically sized, or create hundreds or thousands of variations per weapon aura.

The most likely alternative would be something similar to the weapon packs that were created before materials became a thing. Basically, they'd pick a style for each weapon type and assign an aura to it. Instead of just recycling old weapon styles every episode, maybe the new vendor and/or elite weapons could have an episode specific aura applied, possibly a different one for each. For example, in Wonderverse, the Hera's blessing aura could have applied to the elite weapons and the apokaliptian Amazon aura could have been applied to the normal vendor weapons.
  4. Eve YouTuber

I would love that. I wish Oceans could gave an insight of this since she makes most auras as far as I know.