Live stream thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AquiloFury, Jul 10, 2020.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

Some interesting concepts being tried out with the new episode... the world bosses seem interesting compared to the bounties we have now. I know it's the same..but it's different. The rewards are done differently (the additional rewards anyway) based on how much you contribute. I could see this as a good and a bad thing honestly.

Good because it prevents people from getting the same reward by coming in at the last second as someone who started the battle. Bad because people may avoid battles in progress altogether. I'm hoping that the fact that they still get something will entice people to join in.

I also like that they updated at least one previous Amazon style and threw the Gorgon style in as a drop from open world bosses.

Adaptive augments are undergoing a change as well. Anyone who is able to enter the zone will be given adaptive augments. If you're under cr then they will be "event augments" than only go up to 11. When you hit the proper cr, you can feed those into the at level augments at 100% XP transfer. The level 11 event augment turns into a level 11 at level augment from what I understand. There will be no break through on event level augments.

I'm sure there was more I missed .it's off to a promising start though. And before all of the "it's reskinned and recycled maps" people show up..yes, some of them are, but there are some entirely new parts too. They may have borrowed bits and pieces from other maps, but it's not exactly the same thing. I can see elements of DM as well as the summer event. With that being said, the map is indeed huge. I'm talking Gotham wastelands huge. Good job devs. :)

Thoughts? (Even the negative ones are welcome)..
    • Like x 8
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I'd also add that Augments will be getting a specific Food and it has a 100% Drop Chance and NOT Loot Table Locked
    • Like x 5
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This has Potential.. LOTS of it.
    Wish we could get a more Balanced Content tho (Solo, Duo, Alert 2 Raids)
    However i see what they are trying to do. Keep Open World Alive and Active Longer
    • Like x 4
  4. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I really LOVE the expanded Themyscira. I always wanted a full open world version of it and getting bits and pieces through duos and alert back with Amazon Fury Part 1 was not fulfilling enough so this was a wish come true. I'm also very happy with the new approach they are trying with this episode especially the emphasis on an engaging open world battle. (Wish Atlantis had this treatment) The world also seems to be very lively with constant alert threats, dialogues, and iconic characters getting in on the battle. We needed this a long time agooo!! I am loving Wonderverse and I cannot wait to play this already!

Love the Grail set and the updated Amazon Polemarch style without the sock clothing! That was much needed! I hope the other sets gets this treatment as well (Amazon Soldier/Hoplite/Strategos and sets like the Ancient Divine Sorceress and Ancient Amazon Noble get their loincloths animated!!)

On that "recycled environment" note, I saw so much negative comments about it. This is actually one of the few occasions where I don't mind it because they actually added new elements to the environment and it isn't just a reversed copy and paste map much like we've seen in the past. Everyone should be happy this isn't taking place in another Gotham, Metropolis, or Central City...
    • Like x 8
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Virtually everyone asked for an open world themyscira when the non-open world bits arrived in various episodes. We are happy to be able to deliver on that (finally).
    • Like x 17
  6. Eve YouTuber

So happy we finally have an open-world Themyscira. Also, seeing Grail in game finally is amazing! and receiving her style(I asked for it for ages) and it looks amazing too. I do not mine the reskins. Why throw away content when you can use it plus use new content along side it? The hate wasn't justified in my opinion. Anyway, waiting on test to go up to uncover all the new stuff of the episode!

(By the way, why did Cassie didn't get remodeled? :( )
    • Like x 5
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

The styles they showed bummed me out. I want iconic Wonder Woman styles. That's all I'll chase at this point.

The first blow, the purple gear is old styles. The re-textured AP1 armor sets look nice, but we've got Materials now. We can already make those old styles look amazing. The big blow, for me at least, is Grail getting the vendor set. Why, damn you! Five Wonder Women. FIVE! I was so sure Flashpoint Wonder Woman's armor was going to be the vendor set. Seemed like a no-brainer since the style can work for both male and female characters. I can't believe it!

It all comes down to the Time Capsule. Movie Wonder Woman set, Future Wonder Woman set (why not?), Nubia's set, Flashpoint WW's armor. Don't let me down. Bonus rewards could be good as well, but that's a long wait and a risky bet.
    • Like x 3
  8. Stardazer Committed Player

I really loved the open-world Themyscira and can't wait to explore it and engage in the boss fights. It'll definitely be give players something to do, especially when killing time. Considering that they spawn every 5 minutes, I think it was said, that's amazing.

However, I was very underwhelmed with the styles. Like very underwhelmed. The Grail style looks amazing and I'm glad it's there, but like, where are the WW styles? Like Jcal said, we have 5 WW that could have influenced styles. I know A LOT of people have been asking for bracers and the lasso accessory, and I want to hope they are rewarded in briefings/collections/investigations, but I'm doubtful considering the pattern of the last few DLCs.

I'm hoping to discover more good surprises from the test server, but at this point I'm not very optimistic.

And if I may offer some constructive criticism for the livestream: It would be nice to have a more organized, structure, and perhaps rehearsed presentation. Just comparing to other gaming patch notes/livestreams, DCUO is always a little chaotic. The devs sound like they're thrown on the spot to answer questions and all I hear is "umm..." and they barely explain what they're asked. I understand they're probably going for a chill/fun approach and the devs are all buddies with each other, but the hour goes by so fast and so much potential discussion is missed.
    • Like x 5
  9. M2ThaDot New Player

quick question by any chance is there any way we can get an extra artifacts slot ? thanks great presentation also, really enjoyed it.
  10. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

All I’m saying is they did a good job and the gods to be world bosses are just an amazing idea.
    • Like x 5
  11. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I loved the content. Interested in the new play style and mechanics. But seeing AGAIN no bracers. No Lasso. A Grail set. I must admit seeing this tamped down on my excitement for the episode. I will still run because my league is one of the major reasons I play but. This level of disappointed. I know it is my own fault but still.
    • Like x 5
  12. Extinction Active Player

Oh c'mon, male Grail chest piece is so bad compared to female Grail chest piece, this was the perfect time to finally have a male Corset like WW :confused: please Devs make it happen somehow! At least 1 in the entire game.... besides the already requested Bracer and Lasso belt style:oops:
    • Like x 2
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I don't know why but I was under the impression that the remodeled Amazon Polemarch gear was not the purple gear but an event gear style... while I love the new version yeah it is disappointing that we didn't get a proper Wonder Woman gear style for the raids drops after our 4th time with Amazonian content. The revitalized Amazonian gear should have been the styles for the Green/Blue drops and for the purple, our Earth's Wonder Woman style.

Flashpoint Wonder Woman's style is definitely heading to TC at this point... and probably other sought-out styles like a proper Lasso and Braces.. please devs grant us style rewards again for the collectables! Give us Nubia's style and hair, Athena's gear, Bombshell Wonder Woman's , a simple slim braces and the iconic lasso of truth!
    • Like x 4
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

I've thought this to myself multiple times (and it never quite sticks lol), but if these Accessories aren't in the Wonderverse Time Capsule I'm probably done for good this time.

It just makes too much sense. Golden Lasso Accessory, Shinning Bracers Accessory (have them glow when you are hit, similar to the Thundercloud Aura), etc. Just look at where we are in the game. You can drop Bat Signal Orbital Strikes, you can summon Dark Robins, you can wear Speed Force Energy in your back style, you can have Sunstones orbit your player character, etc. We've come a long way. But the lasso and the bracers... we're still pleading here!
    • Like x 4
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mepps already said no when asked previously. If that changes in the future you won't have to ask, they'll tell us.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    Themysciran Battlesuit
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

When is test going up???
  18. Megzilla Developer

We went through a lot of iterating on him. including some "corset" styles.

However, we do have the pre existing "Metalhead" style which features a corset.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

mixed feelings.

the live cast itself was very well done. smooth and a good presentation of what was offered.

i did miss a few minutes here and there as i was getting interrupted while watching. i have to go back and re watch. am i correct in that were getting a new short cape style?
  20. Aesthete Well-Known Player

My only concerns is, are we able to fly above Themyscira and actually explore every nook & cranny? Take the older maps such as Bludhaven and Oolong Islands for example. Judging by the map it still seems like we'll be confined towards the ground with the exception of the beach area maybe.

Also the current styles displayed are a bit disappointing to say the least. This would've been a great opportunity to release a few feminine styles for female players. We already have quite a limited pool when it comes to feminine designs ( Foot styles have it the worst) yet a plethora of female NPC's with all variety of feminine armors from the star sapphires adds to the Amazonians. But 98% of these styles are unavailable to the female player base.