Linkdead

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by sayow55, Jan 11, 2017.

1. sayow55 Well-Known Player

Ive been linkdead for 20min. I keep relogging, restarting ps4, ive tried all i know how to do. HELP!!!!!!
  2. Jay Dilfy Active Player

Yeah I have a feeling this is gonna be an issue for some ppl. Happened to me too. Let me tell you what I did.

I uninstalled. And let me tell you, that did not work. Maybe just me, but my char was still link dead. So what I did was waited a little over 10 min, came back in and then it wont say link dead, BUUUT it will if you click the same char again, and will probably disconnect if you try to load another char, and link will pop back up.

So instead, create a new character, press "Create Character" once, and give it time to react if it needs it. Or you might overload and crash the app with too many unprocessed commands. I did this, and it broke the link dead. And got back in to my char.
  3. Phen0menal Active Player

I have been linkdead for the past three hours. Since update linkdead continues to happen. have restarted several times and it continues to be stuck on loading screen.
  4. Phen0menal Active Player

Ever since the update version 1.57 I continue to get linkdead. Yesterday it started with a 30 to 45 second lag time in game running anything, then it would log me out as linkdead I would reset and log back in and it would log me back into the game and I was able to move but not able to use and actions for almost a 45 seconds. and the lag would show again but even long sometimes over a minute difference. Running God of Monsters with a group it would show the loot window pop up but on my screen my group would still be fighting the boss, eventhough they had gotten loot and moved on to next area. I currently am in a linkdead state for the past three hours and it continues to go to a loading screen i can hear ingame noises but it stays at the loading screen. No matter what i do reset the game power everything on or off, it stays at linkdead at selection screen, and once i select the lindead character, because you can't select any other it goes to the loading screen no error codes nothing just linkdead.
  5. IamINC Dedicated Player

PS4- Been linkdead twice this morning and both times took 30 minutes to get back on , this feature has always been shocking however great in theory.
  6. Ooby21 New Player

I just got the linkdead bug when I was in Gotham Wasteland and saw one of the audio info station, I pressed on it and it said "Update [name]" then the game just froze, it didn't play the cutscene. I shut down the app, restarted PS4, and when I get to the login screen it says "Linkdead" on the first line of my character. It stays on the Batman loading screen.

I'll walk away from it for now...and hope for the best!
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There should be some way to select a different toon...maybe a prompt that will say "by starting this charecter you wlll log our of your linkdead charecter and their current progress will be lost'" or something and when you accept it logs the other toon out. Normally I enjoy being able to reboot or relaod the game quickly and get back in to resume my raid or alert. The 10-20% of the time where you end up locked out for 10-? minutes (was locked for 30 last week...gave up for the night) outweighs the times where it works fine. Normally because if linkdead did not exist, most assembled groups will wait for a lost toon to return, especially if it's a league run or a run with other multiple friends or people who can see you on PSN and know you are coming back.

The ability to opt out of linkdead would at least let you get back in and do something....even if you lost the raid/alert you were in.

Reinheld
  8. IamINC Dedicated Player

This feature has never worked as intended , just scrap the dam thing already.