Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Deus Ex Tempestas New Player

Hi guys, I will try to express myself well but my english isn't very good :p... first let me say that I "LOVE" the electric powers but I'm very disappointed with what has happened lately, after Voltaic Volt fix my numbers were not the same, I understand that VB was bugged but still it was a big letdown in damage, at least for me. After that fix I kept doing a lot of damage but not as much as before, and eventually I got used to the new numbers in damage that I was doing. Then with the last dlc my disappointment grew even more when I can notice that we don't have a power with a 60% modifier, we do not have a finisher (not sure if that's the right word lol) and from my point of view we neither have a good Supercharge for DPS. I find it pretty bad because in order to have electric powers we have to pay and I can't understand why we have these disadvantages in our power. Finally my question is, you guys know if we will have any change soon? or we will have to wait 6 months or more for the electric remake? Thank you and keep up the good work guys very good guide ;)
  2. Max Volt Committed Player

No worries, your english is fine..... english is not my first language either.

and yes I was a little disappointed as well that none of the new tactical mods are aimed toward Electric DPS.... for the exception mayb of empowering channel and Ionic drain, which is worthless in DPS stance.

When I asked Mepps a while ago if and when Lightning is gonna be updated the answer was that there are plans to update each powerset, but lightning is at the bottom of the list and there is no schedule set for our update.....so basically don't hold your breath or you might turn blue and die :)

On a positive note the next update will fix the issue with Electroburst and Arc Lightning, which at the moment are not seen as harmful powers the Escalating Might Tactical Mod. After the update they will finally boost your Might like every other DPS power.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When I had an Electric DPS, my loadout was Wired, Electroburst, Voltaic Bolt, Electrogenesis, Electrocute and Shockwave. I didn't bother with the SC because so little of my damage was done with white numbers and my mods were all might based. I tried Megavolt once and used it during the last fight of Inner Sanctum. We wiped and I wasn't able to get my SC back again so it was useless to me.

I once respecced to the Amperage tree and was not happy with the results.
  4. Zizzi New Player

Is there a maximum amount that Arc Lightning jumps to? And is it possible to jump from add to ally and back to add?
  5. Impact Prime New Player

The secret to beating gadgets and light lies in the amperage tree!
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Exploring multiple power trees, I get the sense that the developers created some trees, like Amperage, to be better suited to PVP as opposed to PVE. Amperage obviously is with a shield, two knock down-powers and then the polarizations on E-bomb and Attract. I preferred the Voltage tree though as I could take enough abilities with my DPS to create a healer loadout that wasn't too bad for PVP.
  7. Max Volt Committed Player

I never tested it....but I did use it in Gates on large groups of mobs and the Arc won't go on forever, my theory is it will only arc a maximum of 4 times between mobs and allies, therefore hitting 4 mobs and 4 allies unless the chain is broken because of proximity or because an enemy died once hit by the arc.

....if anybody can actually test it and either confirm my suspicions or not it would be awesome.
  8. Max Volt Committed Player

I'm not really sure the Devs designed the 2 trees with PvE and PvP in mind.

I've personally being able to perform equally good using Polarization or Electrification.

What is often overlooked by the scoreboard lovers is who are the other DPSs. Nowadays with people in full T4 Enemies tend to die really fast, so if you are against an equally dressed group of DPS setting up DoTs and power interactions it's almost counterproductive in term of scoreboard number since everything will be dead before you got 2 DoTs up. At that point is better to rely on weapon attacks while using powers to set up damage modifiers and clip your combos while dealing extra damage.
    If you are in a lower Tier armor bracket and so are the rest of the people in the group your numbers once again will be built one DoT at the time and it becomes imperative to have a good power cycle.

I personally don't like share my loadouts with anybody, not because I wanna keep it secret but because the game can be very situational and what works for me with my leaguemates might not work as well for somebody else. Also I do myself change loadouts depending on the situation. For example if I'm running alerts with no troller you might see Speed Drain popping up in my loadout. If I have a good troller you will see me rely heavily on Whirling Dervish and electroburst. When I'm running T4 Ops or Prime things change again in favor of a less melee oriented loadout, building DoTs and power interactions while stacking my Might via trinkets and the new Tactical Mod Escaliting Might.
  9. Rebelyon New Player

This is an excellent guide. I had followed this guide for my electric DPS toon and so far the numbers do not disappoint me though the effects tend to make me lose sight of my combos (after I pop off my DoTs followed by e-bomb, i can barely see my melee combos :) ). I do heartily agree that our lack of mega damage modifiers and finishers make it harder for us but one thing is certain, our effects can cloud the sky!
  10. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Hey MAx. I was wondering if you or whizz kidd would be able to post a video of a RAid content using speedster. More so a loudout that has has whiling dervish and E.burst in it. I was also wondering if there could be raid videos in general using at least a few of the sample loudouts if its not any trouble. I just feel I take stuff in better when I watch a video to complement what I read vs just reading
  11. Max Volt Committed Player

Good question, unfortunately I do not have the capabilities to record videos on the PS3.

What I can tell you is that WD can beasilty clipped by Electroburst, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt,...and pretty much any other power I tried, so if you are using the escalating Might mod you can set up the PI via Tesla Ball or consumables then do your weapon combo and clip it into WD then clip WD with, Electroburst and then Voltaic Bolt,...so by the time you hit Voltaic Bolt your Might will be "escalated" to its max amount.
  12. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

I took whirling dervish just couldnt find my groove plus i dnt think i geared enough to be close. Whats this secret to beating gadgets and light being in amperage tree?
  13. Max Volt Committed Player

I can't answer for Impact Prime, but I do like the Amperage tree myself for the following reasons.

While Electrification it's a little more easy to use since you only have to worry about 1 PI, Tesla Ball is slow and clumsy, and Wired can't reliably electrify a large group of enemies.
    On the other hand Static Push is excellent for Polarizing everything in front of you, and therefore you can easily easily obtain the secondary PI DoT with Electrocute.
    Also GU18 "fixed" Voltaic Bolt and its DoT stacking so now you will only need to have 1 Electrfied enemy in order to create a DoT on surrounding enemies after using Voltaic Bolt, and you can easily obtain that via Wired.
    To not to mention that Static Push also hits much harder then Tesla Ball.

Edit: and in regard of Whirling dervish, ..yes being up close and personal can be dangerous, even if full T4 you can be easily one shotted by Bosses.
    Polarization to me works better for the "ranged" player, give it a shot, and swap in and out WD between Raids and Duos/Alerts.

You might wanna try this polarization loadout and then adjust as you like:

Wired, Static Push, Electrostatic Bomb, Electroburst, Voltaic Bolt, Electrocute.
  14. Stitch Well-Known Player

By the way Max, Invigorate does 12 ticks of healing/power.
  15. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

First, thank for your replies Max your very helpful. That's okay about the videos iv been watching ppl online using ur sample loadout so im getting a better idea off what clipping really is and when to use certain powers.
    In regards to the loadout you suggested...lol.. That happens to be my favorite and most used loadout. Right now im just trying to test some differrent loadouts and see if I can somehow come up with my perfect one. For some reason I always feel like something is missing when ever I try one of the samples even with the one you suggested to me. I just cant figure it out though what that one thing is.

I like wired-Staticpush,E.bomb,E.Gen,V.b,Electrocute loadout but I like E.burst as well but just feel like its not as useful w/o T.ball to electricity more things. I think the thing that's missing for me is a faster way to electrify things, like if that stupid ball could move faster or if three came out going in different directions. There are consumables but for some reason I just dont have any clue on how to get the material needed for my plans. I have every electrify plan but cant come across that one piece of material that i need for it. I think its conductor something, sorry don't know the name of it.
  16. Max Volt Committed Player

Oh really? i'll update the guide
    thanks
  17. Max Volt Committed Player

By the way, electroburst does not electrify anything....it does look like visually but it doesn't, on the positive side it does not require Power interaction to do Damage Over Time....it will do DoT no matter what.

Electrostatic Pulse Device is what I use to electrify. You get the materials from killing OMACs, they drop farily easy even in the Duo, or you can just go a slaughter them in Gotham by KinightsDome.
    The plans are very cheap and you can grab em at the broker. The rest of the materials can also be bought at the broker if you don't have enough MoT to buy em from the vendor....and by the way the level IV plans will make 48 EPD and it stacks up to 144, so they won't take much inventory space.

..and also yes, the best way to learn what everything does is to try different loadouts and powers...experiment,...try even the most ignored powers on the tree until you find a use for them,....after that everything will come together like magic.
  18. FANT0MEXX New Player

I recently switched from gadgets dps to electric dps just to try something new while i feel like i am on par in the pve department i just cant get the hang of electric in pvp any suggestion for elect in pvp so i can step my game up would be much appreciated
  19. Impact Prime New Player

Stack damage over time on them, then pick a low cost power that you can clip combos regularly with. Wired as always is a must.
  20. Max Volt Committed Player

Also Tesla Blast works pretty well in Lair Battles. You can easily clip your combos with it while stunning your opponents and set up Electrification.

In my personal experience in PvP we are more effective when dealing burst damage than trying to set up big rotations and DoTs. Specially in the new lair battles when facing a tank or an Healer they will easily survive your Damage over time, ...Quick weapon combos clipped with powers usually do the trick.

This guide used to have a PvP section, but a lot has changed since then specially in Arenas with all the Pets and consumables now available so I didn't re-post the section because I felt it was a little obsolete.

Feel free to share your PvP loadouts here and I'll add em up to the guide.