Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Max Volt Committed Player

If I remember well they said they were gonna buff precision when the AM is running...but I do not like the idea much, that means people ending up modding full precision just to run a small AM dot while using WM.

They need to get Tesla Ball to explode when AM is running for large damage numbers... just like quantum or mental... we need a big large damage bursts to keep up with the rest.
    • Like x 4
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

They are going to do a run through weapons for the mid range balancing once they get through the AMs that don't use them.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...wers-and-balance-introducing-midrange.259915/
    We expect to proceed in this fashion, though details ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
    • First, address Celestial, followed by Gadgets
      • These powers have not been touched by Phase 1 or 2 balancing yet
    • Second, address ability and combo-based powers one at a time (Fire, Light, Mental, Rage, Munitions, Ice, Quantum)
    • Third, address all weapons to account for midrange
      • This must be completed to properly balance the remaining powers that utilize weapons to supplement their damage potential
    • Fourth, significantly increase damage capability for all powers when in non-Damage roles
      • This goes hand in hand with weapon changes, and Damage can't get all the love forever
    • Fifth, address compound powers one at a time (Earth, Electricity, Nature, and Sorcery)
    So, precision will still work the same, but the changes to weapons will likely happen awhile before the powers are touched. That may change however, as the support role part for Celestial was done at the same time as it's mid-range change, so if they continue doing that instead it should skip the forth step.

They do need to add some burst for lower health adds, like they tried to do in GU41, but it only needs to happen once while setting up and it needs to happen fast, more like Briar's initial burst. It would also help not to attach it to Arc Lightning again as some loadouts forego it and just use Wired and Voltaic Bolt to apply and maintain Electrified.
    • Like x 2
  3. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Haven't been on in a while. So I don't know if things have changed. But I think a good way to balance electric would be to make it so that dot based ams can work with wm. dot based powers will always fall short on adds. If it continues the way it is than dot ams will have to be op to be balanced. The reason I say this is because if dot based powers were even with other ams than when geared other ams will kill adds before dot am are set up. Than on bosses they will be even which means dot based powers will never catch up. If dots were made op than on adds they will fall back but will than catch up on bosses.

But I don't agree with this type of fix. If dot based powers were made to work with wm than on dots they would be matched as they would have some burst working on the adds With minimal loss from adds dying to quick. Than on bosses they would be even
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I've been working on an electric toon. I think I'm giving up on the dps side for now, and I'm trying to figure a good healer loadout. I see you mention Arc Lightning and Wired, which are also mention above as part of a dps load out. Is that correct? Can you help me with a healer loadout?
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

BC and BS always. I vary my loadout based on content. I usually keep Flux and Invigorate because it's nice to have a shield and Invigorate helps with power and applies electro-charge on group. The last two are very situational. Arc Lightning can be very good in the right content, same for Galvanize, Electrogenesis and Electroburst (which I use in Desecrated Cathedral). Wired I would only use in an alert (another part of my DC loadout) or if I was just running as 2nd healer on content. There have been times when I've thought GT would be more beneficial so I've subbed that in for Invigorate. I make my armory with at least two open power point so that I can switch out powers for my loadouts.
    • Like x 2
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

There is some flexibility, but typically there are a few powers, that while aren't necessary, find more general use.

Electrogenesis is the one full strength and length HoT of the powerset, but it places the aura on you and the group member nearest to you . So, it is important to be aware of your positioning, this happens to be true of a lot of Electricity's healing. Sometimes this might mean getting close to the tank to make sure they get the aura then going back to the group to make sure your aura gets them.

Bio Capacitor is a standard 4 person burst heal that also adds the safety net to the players healed. This can be set on the group before fights, adds some passive heals to the powerset as it only has one full strength HoT, and works well with Electricity's priority heal.

Bioelectric Surge is the priority heal, heals you and the most injured group member, but it also heals anyone with a Bio-Charge, the safety net heal.

Arc Lightning is a good tank heal as it will jump to them if the enemies are close to them. Any healing other than tank healing only really shows if the group is positioned close to the targeted enemy.

Electroburst is very strong burst with a small shorter length HoT, but requires getting close enough to hit an enemy or enemies, they have to be Electrified, and group members have to be within a little less than mid-range to get the heal. It is the most power efficient heal and increases based on the number of Electrified enemies hit, making it more useful in melee friendly instances with more adds.

Wired only serves a healer in that it can set up Electroburst and has a cheaper power cost than Arc Lightning, but needs to hit in an AoE with the fist weapon attack used after in order to Electrify more than one enemy.

Galvanize is another more positioning dependent heal. It is shorter than normal HoTs, does not have a large range, but it grows in strength with more people, even friendly NPCs and pets. So, again for fights where groups can stack and communicate positioning well it is very strong.

Ionic Drain is a decent HoT, but still not quite a full length. It has some knockback that still ignored Dom requirements last I checked. It is full range and heals all group members, which may be useful for fights with mechanics that encourage spreading out.

Flux has a unique push back with casting that can help with pickups in addition to being a standard healer shield.

Both healer supercharges are good. It merely comes down to whether you want a HoT, a group shield, and healing that responds to being attacked or Healing, Power, and a putting a Bio-Charge on the entire group.
    • Like x 2
  7. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Thanks guys. That's a ton to choose from. I was looking for one set loadout, but I like it that there aren't 6 powers that are the same ones everybody has to use.
    • Like x 2
  8. Wellens Well-Known Player

My damage in the new raid appears to be much better than in any other content. I run with two armories, the one used most often is for multiple targets and is the classic SW-VB-EC-AL-W-EG and the other is for solo targets and replaces SW with TB and AL for CB. It has served me very well. Although I'm sure this will change when we get more CR and the adds die quicker. Until then I'm not feeling the hurt as much.
    • Like x 1
  9. Max Volt Committed Player

I use 2 healer loadouts .. and I switch em situationally.
    Basic healing: bio cap, bio surge, electrogenesis, galvanize, ionic drain, Group transducer
    Combat healer: wired, electroburst, arc lightning, bio surge, bio cap, flux
    • Like x 2
  10. Max Volt Committed Player

I've been switching between 2 loudest as well lately, I use AM on bosses or anything that doesn't die in 2 seconds, for the rest I went back to the old school straight WM.
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I can't even think about how to improve electric as a dot stacker power. Mostly because I am still stuck from the last Electric update. We were told by Tunso that they wanted to observe electric after it went live and that it was easier to increase the damage by our power. Where is that easy change? There are no gimmicks or shortcuts that makes Electric OP, the power works as intended, although I still maintain it has one of the WORST power regen of all powers, and yet it has been months and we still have not seen a small line in any updates for electric that says, damage increased...blah, blah, blah.

And now we are going through another damage re-balancing of all powers and electric is on the last of list!!
    • Like x 2
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Not much can be done to make it faster. The AM needs to be cut short. Apply self buff. Apply the pi (electrify) and set the DoTs with one cast of Voltaic bolt.All other powers should be just burst moves (that depend on range) to either WM in or to clip regular combos with. E burst being mid/melee range, E gen being full range burst power. The build up is just too slow compared to other powers.
    But anywho the update is most likely more than 10 months away.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

That's the thing though, I already concede Electric's last place in the totem pole. I think the DEVS are having a hard time finding a balance between DOT, DOT stacking and damage dealt in time.
    Soo, okay we're gonna be last but they still have not even gotten around to the supposed easy fix of buffing the damage out of Electric powers from the LAST update.
    I'm not asking about increasing ticks of damage, or dot stacking or power regen or power interaction mechanics. Let's just look at the base damage of each power and increase it by 15% or 20%. It should be an easy number substitution.
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

they are doing weapons before the compound powers. I honestly think they don't know what to do with Electricity. Nature has the luxury of switching forms ince you set your max DoT which gives more flexibility in finding balance. Voracious Plants is an obvious choice to add bigger burst for Nature aside from anything in the Fauna tree. Electricity just doesn't have that diversity .

I think the best thing is sort of a hybrid AI set up that once you receive max DoT, Shockwave will provide a burst. Of course you won't be able to spam it as it would not refresh the DoT but it's an idea. Also add a burst back to Electroburst.

it's amazing how well-designed Atomic is compared to Tunso trying to shoe-horn the AM onto Electricity.
    • Like x 3
  15. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I was so desperate to try anything, I respec'd into a WM loadout too to try it out. I think my tests were even below a standard DoT shockwave clip rotation. Not good.

I actually like DoTs, so I wish devs would do something that will stack with DoTs. We have 3 levels of DoTs, so my idea is that electrified PI damage powers (like shockwave, electrocute, tesla ball) get increased damage with each DoT level. Today's damage could be a level 1 DoT. Add some % increase for a level 2 DoT, another % for a level 3 DoT. For mid-range, add a % on top of those for < 12.5 m.

We are so far behind I'm not sure what % makes sense. It needs to be a big number.

I don't want to see weapon damage included in the electric (or any) dps balance numbers. Other powers can use the same weapon attacks electric does to add to their damage. The baseline should be no weapon attacks, and then everyone can add weapon attacks if they want to.
    • Like x 1
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I would just add if you do use Ionic Drain make sure you pair it with empowered channeling hand mod. It gives you a defense boost that can protect you from damage and cc effects. For example, during the HoH Forge Master fight the spinning hammers will not damage you or knock you around if you are casting Ionic Drain with empowered channeling. I would always time my power cast during that attack so I could heal team members that might get caught in while not being effected myself. It will also knock back all adds for the first 1 or 2 times you hit them, an excellent cc effect for 2 dps DC alert runs.

As Absolix said, Galvanize heals npcs and pets. So this is a must have for DC elite when you need to heal good Raven during the final boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  17. inferno Loyal Player

If I were going to fix Elec and still leave it as a DOT + Dot stack move - I would do 3 changes.
    One - increase the base damage of each power.
    Two- stacking dots and building up Electro charge should be increased and the damage related to in as well.
    Three - Change Shockwave - make it part of the AM. Use it so that it gathers up all that Electro charges and releases it in one massive Damage hit wave.

It sounds like Nature's powers with spores but it's better than nothing.

These changes will give us two options in damage. Either we keep building up the Electro charges until the damage is crazy high (this would be great with large adds and would be considered a range power) but it takes time and power OR we gather it all up and blow it in a massive single target hit(Boss fight, this would be in melee to close range).

BTW - they also need to add a visual indicator to the changes of Electro charge level in the air.
    This is one of the things that was missing in the last update of Lightning and Nature. While most of the other powers have a visual indicator that the AM is going, these two doesn't.
    • Like x 2
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

One of the coolest things about Atomic is how it has that visual indicator when your AM is fully going. Adding it to electric (and all powers) would be awesome to know what level DoT you have up. Rage also needs a visual indicator for savage state.
  19. Max Volt Committed Player

I was part of the testing group when we received our overhaul. Me and several guys in Test Server Initiative group spent hours and hours looking for bugs, reporting to the devs and parsing damage in different situations. ...and in all honesty I was pretty happy with the results. When the update went live looks like we were fairly balanced with the other power sets and the only thing that made the difference was the individual player skills in managing the AM.
    ....... unfortunately after that, every other power that was revamped or created blew Lightning out of the water destroying the balance we had acquired during testing.
    I'm not sure why the Devs went that route but I'm very disappointed that Lightning wasn't immediately adjusted to par with munitions etc etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The good news is we know that the damage of Ionic Drain will be changed as Spord confirmed all "executes" will have increased damage and damage will also be dependent on range to target. The bad news is that we will have to give up something to get it. I'm hoping for a base damage increase as well. Electrogenesis was ruined when it was made part of the AM and it used to be highly potent.