Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I just posted this thread in the Powers forum:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tesla-ball-vs-shockwave.258111/

I wasn't sure if you used shockwave in your tunso testing or not. I'm seeing up to 5k more damage on the high end with tesla ball, but I'm still trying to learn the rotation. You may want to compare if you have time. Thanks.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did not use SW in my testing as it is not part of the AM. I might try a rotation alternating SW and VB in between weapon attacks. Right now, I'm using RS for Boss fights.
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

SW definitely hits harder than VB in my testing. If you are clipping solar flame you can do 4 SW during electrocute cooldown, if you are using scissor kick you can do 3. I do a VB at the end of the 4th (or 3rd) SW because I think the electrocute/wired cooldown is 10 or 12 seconds. I found SF and SK did the same damage with VB, but SF is slightly better with SW because you can do 4 instead of 3 during the electrocute/wired cooldown.

Will RS live during a boss fight? I haven't used one since T6, so I'm not sure.
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

Tesla Ball is a great power for fighting the 8 sparring targets but is a very bad power when actually running content. It is not being used and will not be considered during the power balancing that is currently going on. There is no situation currently in the game with 8 high health targets to attack at the same time.
    • Like x 2
  5. not_again Dedicated Player

SF with shockwave is the best I can currently do with electricity. Still waiting for someone that finds the secret load out the devs mentioned before they dropped GU 50.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I used RS in BP and I think it died twice its own, but I co-healed on the last boss so not sure how it fares there..
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

There was no secret loadout. The devs were balancing it around using melee weapon combos, Brawling's Haymaker specifically. It is the particular strength of that combo that over any other combos that resulted in the balancing job the DoT AMs and Pet AMs got.
    • Like x 1
  8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Thank you for the feedback. When I'm able to test again I'll compare on the single target. I also want to try scissor kick after GU 51. The notes say it got a boost.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wellens Well-Known Player

Trying to refine my loadout and was looking for some feedback here. I currently run the basic loadout and handblasters (clipping SF).

SW - VB - EC - AL - W - EG

I know there's been a lot of testing over the last several weeks regarding TB and SW. I'm wondering what the group consensus is at this point. Also, if the above loadut is the one that currently nets the most damage should I be adjusting my rotation in any way. Here it is in all of it's confusing glory.

EG c/W - AL - EC - VB - SF c/SW (3 times) - VB - EG c/W - EC - VB - SF c/SW (3 times) - VB - EC c/W - SF c/SW (3 times)
    • Like x 1
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This seems to be the most efficient way to set up the max dot and then go into sw rotations. A tesla ball load out will do more damage on the 8 sparring targets, but I have not tested it on the 3 or a single target for a more practical comparison to sw. For boss fights a slight improvement may be to drop arc lightning for circuit breaker. You are only using al to set up the pi for the dot. If you add a solar flame before vb you should be able to electrify your enemies with wired and then spread with vb. You lose some damage from the first electrocute, but vb should spread it out. After the 2nd eg the damage should be the same and you have cb available.
    • Like x 1
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You guys, can you tell me if this loadout is descent for AM.

I currently run Electrogenesis, Wired, Circuit Breaker, Flux, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt. Im having a little trouble on finding the right loaodut. I use to run Electrogenesis, Wired, Megavolt, RS, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt, and this loadout did Amazing Damage. But, now, im slacking bad. Any ideas on changes to my loadout? I like the way the AM works, but Is there a way I wouldnt have to use AL? I dont really like Arc Lightning, any suggestions?

My rotation: Electrogenesis/Wired, WM, Electrocute, VB. WM VB, Once Egenesis and wired are off cooldown, just rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You guys, can someone help me? My post above: ^^^^^
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

For Solo target, you can get away without using Arc Lightning. However, if you have adds come up at any point in the fight, say the first fight of NGN, there is a chance you won't get the 2/3 DoT on the adds. Additionally, if you have a mob, such as the ones in the above ground part of NGN, you won't be able to Electrify with Wired alone, which means you likely will not get your full DoT on any of the mobs. Now, if you are lucky to play with a Gadgets or Mental DPS, they may be able to electrify for you, solving the problem of not using AL.

I am not sure what you use Flux for. FWIW- I use the MegaVolt loadout you mention for CZ and do OK, so consider it for solos and duos. I have also used it for the first two bosses of Bombshell Paradox, but it lags behind on the hallway ninjas.
    • Like x 2
  14. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

I've been leveling up an electric alt, and have been enjoying it a lot ... fun power with great looking animations. This guide has been a great help in understanding the AM and healing side, so thanks to everyone who has contributed.

My question is if any of you have a more "burst" type loadout that you may run in duos or content where you're overgeared and everything goes down quickly?
  15. not_again Dedicated Player

I can tell you what I do in the new duo and the adds in the new raid. I would guess this would apply to most instances when you are slightly above level or playing someone with a burst power. I use hand blasters and clip solar flame. So a rotation will go something like this SF>ALcWired>SF>SW>SF>SW>SF>SW. The adds should be dead by this point if not before. ALcWired gives you some of your power back along with the blue power bubbles dropped by the adds should get you to the bosses with some power left to start an AM rotation on them.

I am 131 and most things T4 and under I just run through tapping triangle so once you hit a certain level there is no need to use any powers as you will kill them with basic weapons attacks.
    • Like x 1
  16. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

So, just set up the PI and burst with Shock. Simple enough. Thanks for the advice.
    • Like x 1
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

As Black Jaq said, AL is good for electrifying the adds. You may want to use VB before Electrocute to get the bonus damage for electrified enemies if you don't want to use AL. I guess flux is good for pickups, but I use PDF consumable instead. Shockwave does better damage than VB, so you may want to work that into your rotation and just use VB to keep the DoTs going before and after Electrocute.
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I also use electroburst alot in duos, solos, and sometimes alerts. I avoid shockwave since you don't get the power regeneration with it, but I do use it in raids and alerts with a controller. With no troll I use EB->EG->AL->VBc/W->Weapon c/VB->Weapon c/VB ... You can even use Electrocute after AL to get the power regeneration going, but I save it for groups of adds since everything dies quickly. The old power back was actually better for solo stuff I feel, but the power regeneration is OK after it gets going. It just seems to take awhile.
  19. Pults Loyal Player

Started messing with electricity again. Yay me!
    Anywho, I did a few rotation tests and I came to conclusion which workes best for me.
    Came up with: Electroburst, Electrogenesis, Arc Lightning, Voltaic Bolt, Electrocute, Wired.
    Rotation: EB>EG>AL>VB>EC into W then SK/SF clipped with AL then SK/SF clipped with VB, then SK/SF clipped with AL into VB into EC clipped with W.
    SK clipping works best on single target, with 125 cr on dummy I reached a maximum of 8.9k - 7,6k on average.
    And SF clip I use on multiple targets, since initial 3 casts of SK are single target.

I have forgotten, do the DoTs transfer with AL or on new targets I have to re-do the electro charges?
    And it seems that AL was nerfed, it's inital burst is in 2-3k range, when the AM launched it was in the 5-7k range. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yours is the loadout I use for solos and duos. You are missing damage in raids by not using shockwave. I'll do some testing when I have time this week, but I think SW gives a 20% boost over just VB.

Here is my update on shockwave vs. tesla ball.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tesla-ball-vs-shockwave.258111/page-2