Light Power Animation Styles

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LIEUTENANT MARVEL, Oct 16, 2016.

1. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Hi People,

I do not use Light but I do love watching Light users. I have an idea for Light that could benefit Light users with either a serious/cool or zany/comical personality. This does have some basis in the comics. I once saw an article saying Hal Jordan and Kyle Rainer's constructs are different. Kyle had cooler or more artistic looking constructs. Hal had those giant fists. What if DCUO had styles we could earn from instances or buy from the Marketplace that would let us change the animation for Light powers?

Here are some suggestions for certain powers I usually see:

1. For Mini Gun, a cool animation would be getting a missile turret or a cool looking robot that fires rockets as fast as a machine gun. A zany version would be an ACME box of fireworks that are ignited and directed towards the target or a row of gangsters firing tommy guns at the target.

2. For Ram, a cool animation would be a knight on a horse that is charging at the target with a lance or a mace. A zany animation would be a truck ramming the target while full of ACME explosives.

3. For Ballistic Assault, a cool animation would be a squad of Raptor jets or Steath bombers blasting the target. A zany one would be a big box of ACME explosives that parachuted on the traget.

4. For Fan, a cool animation would be a cool looking black hole generator. A zany one would be a vacuum cleaner.

What do you think? :D
    • Like x 5
  2. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I agree, HL and Rage need better and cooler animations overall. But i know there are more important things to do right now. But yeah id like to see some kind of improvements in their animations in the future.
    • Like x 1
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I had a similar idea a while back. I fully support construct packs
    • Like x 1
  4. IrritableVowels Well-Known Player

Signed, I would gladly pay monies for a construct animation pack. Realistically, I think many other things need to be be addressed with other content and powers before anything like this can or should be worked on, but it would be nice to have the option to do something with your powers that not everyone else is doing.
    • Like x 1
  5. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I agree that there are more important things than this. I just thought that this would be a nice and less difficult update. Getting new styles seem to be less difficult than getting a new power added in the game. I remember all the posts in the forum than Water had to go through before becoming a new power. :D
  6. hrwd Well-Known Player

I fully endorse the ACME idea! Here, a catalogue of ACME products:

[IMG]

Enjoy!
    • Like x 1
  7. IrritableVowels Well-Known Player

I'm withdrawing my previous level headed comment in favor of overwhelmingly unflattering irrational demands.

[IMG]

I want to go to there! Can you taste the jelly of all the poor fools that have no light construct recliner because they lack a fancy ring with light power?! ALL OF THE MONIES IF YOU MAKE THIS A THING! #subbed4life
    • Like x 1
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Well, I'm happy with HL and Rage making FWEEEEM!
    • Like x 1
  9. Immortal Zoom Well-Known Player

What about all powers instead
    • Like x 1
  10. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

The Hunter could always use more violent constructs with which to annihilate his opponents!

But seriously, +1, and since Avair mentioned that the stats matter update may allow for certain types of powerset expansions, I think animation packs definitely could be one later on down the road.
    • Like x 1
  11. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

You have a good point. I agree. I always wanted to do a Zauriel toon using fire. If that burning skill with the blue flames set my one handed sword on fire then that would be cool.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I like this idea of construct/power animations pack but unfortunately it's unlikely and low priority.
    • Like x 1
  13. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I know but it feels great to post crazy ideas here. I like the feedback I get here. Even the sarcastic ones. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

You have just given me an idea, it may not be feasible for the dev's but cool none the less.

At the moment hard light is yellow for villains and green for heroes to match their respective corps... but what if we could choose what colour we want within the light ability (and Rage also)? Then there would be less screaming and yelling for other lantern corp abilities.

It could be programmed into the 1st colour from our colour pallette. Thoughts???
    • Like x 1
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

I could imagine there are some copyright und license problems... But a different construct style in market place could be a nice feature. But i think it won'T bring much money compared to the work it needs..

________
    As for the different colours... license, copyright, lore.. 'nuff said