Lifetime subscriptions removed.

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Kali Mortis, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

If they paid for their lifetime sub as was advertised, then yes they should keep that obligation but I'm sure if they are in fact taking legendary away from lifetime subs, there's something in the fine print mentioning they have the right to do so for any reason. Gotta love business ethics.
  2. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

it's probably a bug/mistake/glitch. tell them to contact customer service and see what can be done about the situation.
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

Hey, Fenix? Now keep in mind that this reply is coming from so someone else who also doesn't have a lifetime subscription. Get over it. The mere fact that we're playing on PCs rather than some wimpy console means that we're investing more into our gaming experience. Many of us upgrade our systems just for this game. That's a hell of a bigger commitment than any PS3 player makes. -so don't even try to pretend you're in a position to talk about entitlement. ...For that matter, just think of all the improvement changes people have suggested for this game, that were all shot down because the PS3 can't handle the additional work. Consoles are holding back the games' capabilities and potential. -And if you aren't getting a PS3 equivalent of double or triple station cash because you choose to play on an inferior machine, that's hardly our fault. Gripe to the PS Network about it, instead of using it as a platform for a jealous rant about PC players. If you're using a console simply because you can't afford a PC, then yeah, you have to work with what ya got. -but don't jump down our throats about the differences.
    • Like x 1
  4. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

try to tuck back your engorged protrusion, nodens. you're making us look bad.

as much as I hate the ps3 community for this game, it has nothing to do with the machine they game on.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Lifetime since day three of launch week. Still have it. The "investment" part came in when we ponied up $199 at the start for a sub to a game that, for all we knew, could tank in but a few months. I still buy stuff on the marketplace here and there, so they still get some money out of me every month. I have never even been led to believe that I would lose my lifetime sub for any reason. I feel like this is a drama thread. I want evidence before I start to worry.
  6. The Eagle New Player

Couple of points

1.Grats on investing more than lifetime subscribers, but if you had been willing to pay for the game as blindly as lifetime subscribers did, shouldn't you have only paid $10 a month? They went in knowing very little about the future of what looked like a game with a dwindling population. It's unfortunate that you don't get a lifetime sub, but you knew that to be the case from the start.

2.Station cash sales aren't made for the players benefit, they're made because they get people to buy a ton of station cash. People post in forums on double station cash days asking why they hit a station cash limit (which is like $300 or $500 or something). It makes SoE money, they aren't doing it to reward players so much as they are to boost sales with a benefit to the players. At least, that's the impression I get.

EDIT: Replying to Illunis

Exactly, nobody I know with a sub on USPC has lost theirs. When people complain about being wronged financially by a company, normally they at least post the reply the company gave to their plight which will either be.

"Sorry for your loss nothing we can do" in which case people get mad
    or
    "You're wrong and nobody lost their stuff, stop lying" In which case threads like this aren't made
    or
    "Alright we will try to fix it"
  7. Nodens Dedicated Player

um, actually, the inferior capabilities of that console ARE the biggest reason this game doesn't do more, Spag. ...and I have nothing against the Ps3 player community. (as I said, those who can't afford a PC have to work with what they got). It's just one particular anti-PC rant that needed a reply.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

can we not make this forum into a ps3 vs pc fight? those who bought a life time sub should retain a life time sub and it should never change... as for who puts more money into this game blah blah blah..lets cut that crap out... and enjoy the game as it is
  9. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I don't see anything about specifically hating the PC in fenix's most recent post. he may be laying the investments against one another, but it's investment vs investment. not a technology battle. quote and highlight the specific points.
  10. Kon El Active Player

I'd like to believe if they were retracting lifetime subscriptions that they would make an announcement about it like they do every time they remove a payment feature.
    As far as I have seen this is What they have done in the past for things like removing the ability to pay for Legendary and DLCs with station cash.
    Something that major (I don't think) they would be able to quietly retract without a mess on their hands... look at how people react to F2Pers wanting a higher cash caps or when players start asking for the devs to allow people to buy the preorder trinkets and the "batman inspired mask".
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Lifer here. Account intact. Anyone losing their lifetime accounts need to send in a support ticket. Anyone that purchased a life sub and has SOE refusing to reinstate it should take action that we're not allowed to discuss here.
  12. Ilunis Dedicated Player

One of the sanest responses so far (besides The Eagle hitting it out of the park with his response). Let's cut out the PC vs PS3 crap. There is no reason for it. Let's yell about the bugs and exploits, but try to support each other.

As for the lifetime thing, I consider myself lucky, not special. I am no more awesome than anyone else just because I rolled the dice and won. I'm not a special little snowflake for doing that. I support Premies getting some more stuff with each DLC purchase. I think the FtP peeps can stay right where they're at. That's my opinion. Hell, I wouldn't even cry if the month to month players got something like a bit of an extra stipend in SC/LP than us lifetimers. That'd be okay. Just don't hate us because we don't have to pay a sub fee now. We are no better than you, but that opinion is a two-way street.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry for the length, guys.
  13. BaddestJade New Player

troll thread, my lifetime is intact, not that I was ever worried about it.
    nom nom nom OP
  14. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I saved on SOE and I spent on SOE, I still have my Life Sub, and glad I shelled the money for it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fenix New Player

First off don't assume I cant afford a pc.I'm also pretty sure my Avenger PC from V3 Gaming is probably better than what your running with.I love my PC and PC gaming.I use my PC for FPS games.I play DCUO on a PS3 because I play with my son and buying 2 PS3s was alot cheaper then shelling out 5 grand for 2 gaming PCs.

My issue is with the OP whining because the lifetime sub was removed and saying they made this huge commitment. So I pointed out that there are people on the PS3 who have made just as big a commitment if not bigger because we were never granted the option of a lifetime sub. I ponted out what I have spent on just my gaming (I didnt add what I pay for my kid because I wanted to make a point on how much just 1 ps3 player who has been here since launch has spent).There are alot of people on the PS3 side who feel like second class next to pc even though most of DCUO's revenue comes from the PS3 side.(This is simply because there are more PS3 users than PC users because PS3s are more affordable than gaming PCs)

As for the guy who mentioned about paying $10 a month, I set the game up day one with the monthly sub. I hoped for a lifetime sub on the PS3 since it was like the price of a 1 year and a 6 month sub combined.Since we were never offered the lifetime sub I decided to stay month to month because I wasnt sure how long my son would keep intrest in this game. why pay for 6 months or a year and the he loses intrest for awhile and that time is just long enough to let the sub lapse. Thats a 6 month or year sub down the toilet. Then if he wants to come back after the lapse I have to resub.A lifetime sub would have been the best for this situation but month to month is the next best thing so as not to throw money away.
  16. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Someone bought and paid for something advertised as a liftetime subscription, and has had that removed from them.

This has nothing to do with how you choose to play the game. If you have issues with PS3 not being offered lifetime, take it to another thread. You're not doing yourself any favours here.
  17. Silent Strider New Player

Lifetime sub intact here, and I've been fairly inactive lately. If some lifetimers lost their sub I chalk it to some glitch in the billing systems, and affected players should contact billing (preferably with the records for the lifetime sub purchase on hand).
  18. PainMakesMePurrr Active Player

So, this thread hasn't been locked, yet?

The Devs must me enjoying this, little flame war ...
    • Like x 1
  19. Fenix New Player

Read the TOS just as with any mmo they can cancel any of their service anytime for whatever the hell they feel like this includes subscriptions and the game itself.Same thing if you get perma banned, you don't get a refund just cause you payed for a lifetime sub.It sucks but ya'll agreed to it.

The OP originally posted this in the Gotham forums where now both the pc and ps3 communities are combined. The not being offered a lifetime sub still leaves a sour taste for most of the PS3 community and for him to post his QQ "I made a huge commitment" thread for all to see basically rubbed salt in that wound.

As for you quoting my whole thread, that was aimed at someone taking personal shots at me and trying to make this look like a ps3 vs pc thread.I personally dont care what you play on, what i do care about is someone coming on and saying they deserve such and such as compensation for what they believe is a "huge commitment" when there are others who never were offered a lifetime sub or anything comprable and who have made just as huge a commitment if not more so.What makes them more deserving?We play the same game.Our money goes to support it.So how are they more deserving then those of us who were promised something comperable to a lifetime sub but never recieved it?
  20. Kali Mortis Level 30

First off Fenix, if you had read my second post, you would have seen me state that I do not, and never did have, a lifetime sub. I never said I did. I am not trying to rub salt in any wound.

Secondly, now that this topic has been moved to the PC Account sub-forum, there's no reason for you to continue your complaints.

I am not trying to start any issues, I am just trying to find out if this is in fact happening. A league-mate on TS3 stated that they had friends that this was happening to. During the conversation, another league-mate that purchased the lifetime subscription logged in to play the new content and was confused as to why they couldn't. They looked in to it a little and noticed that they didn't have any of the DLCs, and had started accumulating Escrow. Concerned about my league-mate, I decided to create this post to see if this is in fact happening. But of course some people had to try and derail the subject due to, what appears to be, a bit of animosity towards the PC version of the game.

If you have issues, please make your own topic and keep them there.

I agree that this may have been an error in billing or something. But since another member was just talking about the subject and how it was affecting multiple people, it raised a little flag in my mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.