Letter from the Creative Director: Episode 17!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by NerdOfPrey, Sep 16, 2015.

1. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

Hey everyone!

It’s my pleasure to talk to you all about Episode 17. In this month’s episode, we’ve got two very important pieces of content, both narratively and character progression-wise. We’re getting a new Duo, a new 8-player Operation, and an Elite 8-Player Operation. There’s a lot going on in this one!

[IMG]

The Flash Museum Burglary

The new Duo takes place in a very iconic, new environment! With the success of the TV series and our team’s long-standing love for “the heart of the Justice League,” we’re incredibly excited to debut the Flash Museum! No, not just the basement; you’ll be able to visit the exhibits and the souvenir shop, all while trying to prevent OR partake in the heist of a mysterious relic: a strange weapon that has drawn the attention of the League of Assassins.

[IMG]

Unholy Matrimony

In the new 8-Player Operation, Brother Blood’s unwavering loyalty to Trigon is finally rewarded. To show his gratitude, Trigon has promised our world and his daughter, Raven, to Brother Blood! Everything has been leading up to this moment; Trigon is closer than ever to entering our world and destroying the universe. To avoid this fate and her own surprise wedding, Raven must face Brother Blood and her father once and for all.

And get ready for the Elite version of the 8-Player Operation, which should make this final confrontation with Trigon even more challenging!

Rewards!

So, let’s talk rewards! In Episode 17, we’re wrapping up our first 3 month cycle. The Vesture of Proselyte and Energy Armor gear sets will be complete and the Style feats are here. You can even earn a title for collecting the Elite-versions of the Energy Armor. Also, for the first time, players will be able to unlock Types C and D Affinity Bonuses for collecting the Elite set.

On top of all that, there are new Briefs, new reward Styles and a new Gold collection! Some really cool, (and some really morbid) Base Items too.

I can't wait for you all to play Episode 17 next month. Hopefully, Episode 17 will get here...in a flash.

NerdOfPrey
    Associate Creative Director
    DC Universe Online
    • Like x 22
  2. comrade sonya Committed Player

Hopefully some heels are in those collections/briefings :p
    • Like x 1
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Elite gear will be 2 cr higher than vendor, gives stat bonuses, and an extra feat?
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Safe bet that instead of something cool like the Golden Ag Flash helmet style as a collection reward we'll get something like a baseball cap with the Flash museum on it .
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Flash museum sounds fun
  6. no1 supergirl fan New Player

What about the rest of WOTL P3?
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

IMO The Entry Level CR for this Content and Episode 16's Content SHOULD NOT BE cr 113
    I understand you want everyone to enjoy the content but TONS of Players are Running into these Under Geared and Under Experienced.
    PLEASE MAKE SP MATTER AGAIN
    • Like x 4
  8. no1 supergirl fan New Player

once ive got all the feats in that duo I wont be doing it cause flash and bombshell stuff I only worth the feats to me cause not my type
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

She mentioned hat & belt in the livestream. For the style, we'll have to find out for ourselves!
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No. Elite gear does not give an extra bonus feat. The style you get from any of the rare drops counts towards the energy armor style. This started with BS and continued through DC. Now it finishes off with 1 more piece, the shoulders. The elite content drops the shoulders as well along with feet, hands and head.

The Elite gear for hands, feet and head will be 3 CR higher than what we currently have. The shoulders will have the same CR as the regular rare shoulders that will drop in the regular operation.
  11. no1 supergirl fan New Player

I agree and disagree they should change the cr adjustingly. and the sp shouldn't cause if there r some people who refuse to do lpve cause of they feel the toons r better than the legends.
  12. no1 supergirl fan New Player

so that's a bunch of feats out the window
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

What about it?
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I am extremely happy with what I've seen. In fact I like how our monthly episodes are unfolding. The Flash and the Titans have always been my two most favorite DC properties. As far as I'm concerned you guys are doing no wrong.

The duo looks awesome.
    • Like x 1
  15. PoKTLi Active Player

In im not wrong it will grant a zero points feat to get the title related to elite gear.
  16. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Agreed and when you comment that a 113 is too low they say CARRY ME. I actually had a healer say this to me. So I left just because of the person's demeanor. It is getting really old to be penalized for not wanting to waste our time with people that have complained enough because they are kicked when they are not ready for content. There should be an option "Kick due to not meeting recommended cr" with no penalty. This allows leagues to babysit people but not force the rest of us to waste our time.
    • Like x 2
  17. Beanz New Player

There are hundreds of SP available without doing LPVE... Grinding for SP is one of the ways they get us to play and replay things, they should be rewarded. While they aren't always representative of the ability of the player, they're most times a very good indication of how much experience the player has and how much they will add to the group's chance of success.
    • Like x 1
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

Will there be a feat such as Death Proof or Granny's Gold Star for the Elite version of the 8-man operation?
  19. Zenith Well-Known Player

I'm so pleased about the Flash museum duo, can't wait to wander around inside!
    Perfect timing too, you guys must be psychic. ;)
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

[IMG]

So is this the Soultaker sword?