Let's talk...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Furious Vee, May 16, 2024.

1. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I was going through my character's style tab today, and it made me realize just how ridiculous and unrealistic this game can be. The amount of replay badges you need for ONE rare item is truly disgusting. It costs 700 replay badges just to unlock a blue mystic aura, which isn't even that rare compared to other items. Why are the prices for style unlocks so ludicrous? The game is already costly enough. Imagine working tooth and nail to get a rare style and thinking you're going to unlock it on another toon just for it to cost more than 8 raid resets COMBINED. I hope that style unlock prices will eventually be readjusted to be cheaper, and seasonal styles and materials will eventually be available to unlock. This is one of the reasons why people don't bother with alt toons unless it's to be a pack mule or farm catalysts for their main.
    • Like x 4
  2. WonderEU Active Player

Agreed totally, long way hair from Krypton time capsule is also 700 replays and 5k Quarks on Booster Gold. It's bonkers that these items are so expensive
    • Like x 3
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I can’t remember if the WW hairstyle was either the WW anniversary gift or I got it from a capsule but the fact I could only get the Wondrous hair for one Amazon toon and have to unlock it for a ton of replays was annoying. I wish a lot of stuff was in the Dr. Fate vendor for Fate tokens so it’d feel like our memberships really mattered.
  4. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

The hairstyle was in a capsule. Actually on the EU server people listed the pieces (rare one included) for cheap prices so I managed to grab a few. But I believe on the US Server prices are worse so It's not easy. I also think the price is extremely high. Most players are unlikely spending on this, I know I did it at first but I stopped as it makes no sense to me and feels like a waste of replay badges.

It should be reduced, rare or not rare. I can probably go with 100 replays per style, but if you look at vendor dlc additional rewards they also cost about the same to replay. So I don't understand the rare argument as they are not rare. The second chance vendor isn't much of a help. You can only open so much capsules to get one item, sadly. But I doubt this will change.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...that 'unlock all' is probably one of the most dangerous buttons in the game. Luckilly since I don't have 90,000+ replays I can never hit it, but if someone had less styles and more replays....that button could get VERY expensive...VERY fast.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I did so on my main once. I think I had around 20k replays at the time and went though all of them, but it was intentional. I guess people can blame people like me for the prices seeming okay to the developers, but I do agree that the price is too steep to make doing so on alts worth it for most "rare" styles.
    • Like x 2