Lets Talk Dps Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This true and was the reason why Voltaic Blast was created. Voltaic Blast great on 1-3 adds, bad on 4+ adds as it splits like any other burst power does. Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball are fine as Electric lacks in single target and melee combat.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you're referring to sorc, and the arbiter, you really think it would be balanced to let someone infinitely stay in that spamming heals using no power? C'mon Prime lol.

Nature form buffs are only temporary, they don't last the whole time you stay in it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

meh we've been talking about dps balance for 5 years straight.

If we haven't achieved balance by now, we never are. So can we please move on now?
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I just realized something from checking out Crappy's tests, and the reason why it's hard for a lot of players to even come close the numbers listed there. In the tests he did, where powers are "balanced" (at least the hybrid ones) by far the most damage comes from the weapon attacks. In the case of fire, for example, the same handblasters attack wasn't even used like the other powers, and 80% of the damage doesn't even come from any fire powers at all. So basically, what we're seeing balanced has more to do with weapons than actual powers.

I know you guys tested other loadouts too, but I just feel it's not really OK to say everything's balanced when such a large portion of these power-heavy rotations comes from the weapons. That's just my personal feelings, though. I respect what everyone has been doing with testing.

Edit reason: corrected total percentage.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Myself and others mentioned issues with sorcey's and the fury's projectiles early on in the revamp and while they made some changes to help them out it wasn't enough but between all of the other issues its hard to constantly go to bat for everything so theres gonna be some things that will need additional attention. Now that it's live and the majority of stuff is out of the way things like this will probably be addressed soon and I don't think anyone is blaming stuff like projectiles missing on player knowledge.
    • Like x 2
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Interesting read.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I said sorcery and fury not just the fury. And myself and others ran loadouts with no projectiles to avoid the missing issues. It sucks that the projectiles can miss but if you know there is a issue leave feedback on it and use other abilities like we did to avoid the problem till its corrected.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's definitely true, lol. How many more all-nighters can the community expect of you guys, lol? You must have pumped yourself full of caffiene for some of those runs, lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Why are you blaming him, lol? If anything blame yourself. Were you there? Did you test? Did you leave feedback on it?

Instead of blaming people, why don't you propose a solution. What would you suggest the devs do to correct it? Do you think all the projectiles should heat-seek to the targets? Bounce off when they hit one? Go in a straight line?
    • Like x 2
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Never did I say it was fine. We put our feedback in and worked around it in the meantime hoping for a future fix.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's fine. So don't blame people who take the time to do something you can't for the game's problems. Do you blame a taste tester if you don't like a hamburger at Burger King? Especially if taste tester is a volunteer who isn't employed by the company? You say you pointed out solutions, but I have yet to see you mention them. If it's a good one, you shouldn't be afraid to mention it here. That's called feedback. Otherwise you're just attacking other players instead of contributing something positive.
    • Like x 3
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

This past week ive learned perspective seems to be a word many dont understand.

Which in all honesty i find sad. Because its people all about wanting to top the chart and their ego. Like at the end of the day any of it really matters. Its a damn video game.
    • Like x 2
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

2 rotations, no #s, blasting techno music and /wave. Thats 99% of the dcuo youtube videos out there for loadouts after the revamp.
    • Like x 3
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

And to think ive heard some people were saying nerf nature now because of this^ Look i want things as balanced as they can be. If anything is broken then it should be fixed. Nature/electric sat in such terrible shape for over 2 years. If anyone wants nature or electric to be looked at and adjusted because there is something wrong im fine with that. But bring some evidence to the devs to show whats broken and what needs adjusting.

But no one should ever be saying nerf this power because that other power got nerfed. Thats beyond ridiculous. And when i say i heard people it was tonight in game in the chat, LFG/trade and such. It shouldnt be "well earth got nerfed so nature/electric should too." Such ignorance. :mad: And i see some of it going on in this thread too. Making claims with nothing to back it up except "you're wrong."

All i see is some powers are going to end up getting the nature/electric treatment from gu50 because of more whining. My god this stuff is getting old. Maybe people should spend less time on here complaining and more time ingame trying to figure out how to play the game and their powerset.
    • Like x 6
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

I think of this...

If some power is strong than yours so look for another loadout. Nature, Electricity and Earth is fine as it is.
    • Like x 3
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

:p

No I don't want endless arbiter, but the option to stay in form. They could have added something during the revamp, or just revamped arbiter over all. I'm not looking for a cheap endless power SC. I'm not happy that natures super charge, while only lasting 30s, can stay in form. The melee from wolf is far from balanced with other melee attacks. If he's not doing WM, it should be hitting like all weapons currently. Same goes for gorilla. These are cheap SC which you can pop in and out of at will.

Just saying, all of these OPTIONS just for this power, on top of them adding a burst ability.

What all was added to sorcery besides a bunch of powers that have to possibility or missing. I've had to deal with fury missing damage for years now. My hope with the revamp, after years of neglect, that ALL of sorcerys powers would be reworked. Well, they sure got worked over.

I'm totally fine with leaving the OP powers as is honestly. People just need to stop with the THE GAME IS TOTALLY BALANCED AND ALL POWER ARE FINE.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not true. I just want my favorite power to work well. I like topping the charts and all, but I'd feel a little better if people that have no clue what they are talking about would actually try some of the powers that are under performing.

Heck, tonight I retired fury. Robot sidekick does more damage. This will be the third iconic power I've had to sub out for a under performing power.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

NOVA!
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Future fix? What, the next revamp? No telling exactly how long they were working on test before we saw it. My guess, some time last year. Add that to 9 months of testing. That later date has come and gone.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Well i didnt mention you. My entire point was summed up in that last post i quoted with the twitter post in it. And i played nature the entire time it sat there in awful shape. Had to wait over 2 years.

With this revamp its been a week. So when i think of perspective thats what comes to mind ;) And honestly people seem to only speak up when it comes to the power they play. Then its all "devs fix this now!" I will say it again, its been a week.

Hey im not happy with ice atm. But i havent said a single word about it on these forums. Im waiting to see what happens in the next few hotfixes. Or maybe i just havent found the right rotation yet. Btw ive dealt with 3 years of gravity bomb missing with quantum. Now it wasnt used in the AM but before it was and guess what? It still misses now.
    • Like x 3