Lets Talk Dps Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Stark23 Committed Player

Try hitting Fireburst from over 12.5 meters away clown, end of conversation.
    • Like x 3
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

step by step , no reason to go all out if u see nothing is changing anyway :)
  3. piohh Well-Known Player

12 Seconds and then you need to use 12 Seconds another combos?
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I have no doubt that things will be tweaked when needed, roar is one of those things though imo and that's coming from me who mains nature. As for the majority of things people complain about that's just cause of how they are playing or the one raid they are running. It's really not as bad as some make it out to be and after a few small changes things will be a bit better.
    • Like x 1
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

What is a joke is your complete misunderstanding of what's going on and then on top of that you start calling people names.

If you read here in what was posted.

ENDING MIDRANGE
    So, we will continue the standardization effort, working to more consistently define abilities as melee (up to 7m) or range (greater than 7m), and adjusting damage to suit. In short, range abilities will do less damage than melee abilities from the safety of distance, and melee abilities will do more damage than range in the risky death-zone right up close with the boss.

What this tells me is that they are still working on some powers classifications as melee or ranged. This means that the majority are either melee or ranged. Which is not hard to understand if you actually passed a HS English & English Lit. class without being just passed through for just being there.

Then I see a couple here like you trying to make excuses for your misunderstanding of simple English by trying to cherry pick a one or two powers that are still undefined.

This is what I suggest to you.
    Stop the name calling and grow up.
    • Like x 3
  6. Hendrix Well-Known Player

OMG the scorecard takes all the fun out this game.
    • Like x 3
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On a side note if any devs read this I really think the dummies giving no power back is hurting people trying to figure out loadouts. The dummies should give some power back, not endless power but at least equivalent to one troll so they can get a good idea of what to use.

I also think this is another problem why we see so many people complain cause they simply can't experiment at the dummies and are forced to try things out in raids resulting in them not doing to well cause they are unsure what to use.
    • Like x 7
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

For real it is extremely frustrating to try doing a rotation on dummies with no power. If we have to chose between no power and infinite dumps like before infinite dumps are better. One troll sim would be best but I don't know if it is possible.
    • Like x 3
  9. Surtur Well-Known Player

The whole idea of removing power return from the dummies is so that you would not get a false impression about power consumption. Maintaining your power bar as a player has been shifted more to the players own responsibility while trying to take the misconception that controllers are nothing but batteries that are to be abused.

If you cannot keep your power up then it's your fault and no one else's. It's pretty simple now.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

I don't disagree, but you have to realize just how few people actually run Elite or SM.
    There's nothing wrong with balancing powers (or trying to) in normal content and I mean ALL normal content.
    Then it will balance itself out.

Trying to balance against what maybe 2-3% of the population plays, and was even stated by the devs to NOT be for the average player
    helps nothing. See how many groups struggle against USr even with AMs? Those are a large part of your player-base and to ignore that is foolish.

I can tell you, as a person that who came from some high end leagues who face bashed most everything they ran and recently left those to run more with a group of people I really enjoy playing with...there is a HUGE difference
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I'm honestly liking it. I've come up with several loadouts that produce similar damage. Some worth better on bosses done on adds. I've found I need to switch loadouts for adds and bosses to fully maximize potential.

Of course there is probably gonna be that 1 optimal build within each power, but the less optimal builds don't seem to be far off which means choices. If you choose to always chase that number 1 damage spot then you will choose the optimal rotation. But at least you had the choice to make. Before there was no choice, play this way or get kicked.
    • Like x 5
  12. Mighty Committed Player

At 201CR RSK's DPS clocks in around 500. That's pretty sorry for something that takes up a loadout spot and nerfs your power regen. You're not wrong at all. There's lots of rushed YouTube loadouts though that have RSK in them, they're generally not great loadouts and they generally never show much more combat than 12 seconds on a sparring target.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mighty Committed Player

Fireburst, frost blast, consume soul, wrath of the presence, whipthrash, jackhammer, galling eruption, EMP, vortex cannon, psychic prison, alcuburie wave, the third atomic ranged combo I can't remember the name of, and others all say "hi."
    • Like x 3
  14. Mighty Committed Player

I repeat:

Fireburst, frost blast, consume soul, wrath of the presence, whipthrash, jackhammer, galling eruption, EMP, vortex cannon, psychic prison, alcuburie wave, the third atomic ranged combo I can't remember the name of, and others all say "hi."

Lol cherry picking a few? Damn near every powerset is represented up there.
    • Like x 4
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

It's not that things are really un balanced it's just jfa in the over geared state that we're in caters to some playstyles more then others. Maybe in a future dlc we will have a raid that caters to a different playstyle so you really can't say something is so much better then something else cause things are situational and situations can always change. All that has to be done is have a raid where you can't melee the bosses and what powers are top power will change. I do get what you saying though but things can all change next dlc depending on the raids.
    • Like x 3
  16. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I didn't realize we weren't using trolls anymore. Or maybe that's just you. Remind me not to join your raid group. Sounds terrible.
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

i dont think the game will ever be "completely balanced" but its definitely in a better place than before
    • Like x 8
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

That's how I look at it myself, there will never be perfect balance unless everything plays exactly the same. There will always be power that are better then others and all we can do is try to close the gaps as much as we can and this update definitely improved on that. Instead of having just 2 powers that were the best now we have 5-6 powers that i would consider top powers and the others aren't far behind but just like I said in a earlier comment all it takes is a change in the content and a power some might consider lesser might just be one of the powers to be for that content.
    • Like x 4
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Based on the Cones of some abilities, they look Mid-range while other cones look long range. The wider the cone, the closer the range, the narrower the cone, the longer the range. It's all math, area of a sector and radians if you want to get technical.
  20. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Yeah I get they will never be balanced, and in PVE as long as it wasn't as bad as it was with Electric and Nature it's probably ok. PVP, I don't know, maybe a all the same mode might work. Maybe that's crazy but otherwise it's gonna be a big deal that leads to "there is an op power" even if in PVE it's negligible. Just a thought... I may not have thought it through, not a big PVP person.
    • Like x 1