Lets Talk Dps Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Mighty Committed Player

Saying you're ending mid-range is great, but if you leave a host of 12.5-meter moves in the game that are stronger than their full-range counterparts but weaker than their point-blank melee cousins, then you have not ended midrange. Moreover when Crappy and I tested damage and charted it, we had melee- mid- and full-range columns. Not every power has midrange stuff, and really it only shows up as a thing in pftt, but no developer corrected us. I mean, I'm all for making things either a point-blank melee or a full range and balancing the two, but you can't just close your eyes and pretend mid-range doesn't exist just because the developers said so.
    • Like x 11
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

well we all know its not just jackhammer, crystal for example is starting each add wave with her big hits taking 25% of hp away before u start spaming jackhammer while other powers need to actually work a bit for the dmg crystal does alone and before encountering a second add wave crystal powerbar is ofcourse full recovered and ready to go again, now maybe its not the best idea to run a crystal loadout for boss but if u dont have her in for adds loadout ur doing it wrong.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Not really. Not every build/rotation can be top tier competitive in every situation. If there weren't builds that work better in XYZ situation then there would be no room for skill and knowledge. You could just slap 6 random powers together and do top tier damage without having the chance to improve your performance by learning or by finetuning your rotation. Good builds and bad builds have to exist but that's not a bad thing as long as you know what you want to achieve with your build and what your abilities are suited for.
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Smh, no. Heat vision hits way to hard. It's not hard to figure out we need to be carrying 1, 2, maybe 3 iconics because they preform better than some powers do. Robot sidekick, neo venom, and heat vision. Throw these three in your loadout, grab a 100 ppwer you can spam that hits hard, maybe another dot with a 12s cool down. Boom, top damage.

The 100 power spam is dumb and needs changed. Why are they hitting harder than some dots?

And yes, forgot atomic tanking. :)
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah ok that makes sense.
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

While that's somewhat true let me ask this question. Why would it take so long to figure out what works best? This isn't rocket science. Let's take pftt. There's only so many powers that are usable. Each power has a few pi setters. A few dots. A few burst. A few supercharges. It's entirely possible that someone spending 2 hours a day everyday since revamp hit will have tried all possible rotations. I ask anyone who is fire and believes that they are on par with the top 4 power-sets to friendly comp me. Whoever comes out on top can have a friendly with OG mentor who is electric or Crappy heals who is nature and see how far the powers are from being balanced.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I did read, you said Mid-ranged was tossed out of the window. So it's not my reading Comprehension that's at fault, it's your perception that's at fault here.

The Mid-range Buff is gone yes, but saying there's not a mid-ranged is completely wrong.
    Edit: Read what Mighty posted above lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

fire breath, ice gaze, rsk, nvb, sonic cry, sonic shout

cry > frost breath > eye lazers > sonic shout

thats how the rotation went in the video all while RSK was up.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

animation and overall feel of the ability, and some people like choosing a ability on how it looks. You know the RPing type of people.
    • Like x 1
  10. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Am I the only one who hates Robot Sidekick? I feel like it is a Robot Sidekick world and I'm just living in it ingame right now, but when I equip him I feel like his decrease to power regen isn't worth his damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

While there is no midrange like with AM's there are still mid ranged abilities like fireburst just for a example.
    • Like x 2
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

melee (up to 7m) or range (greater than 7m)
    There is nothing more simple and broken down than that.

I'll say it again.
    Either melee under 7m and ranged over 7 meters

This is how they are doing the calculations.

Like I said. If you need help reading just ask.
    • Like x 2
  13. OhSicks Well-Known Player

A...*******...men! lol! The jackhammer power is nice, but I don't believe I would say that JH is OP. I can spam the crap out of JH and I'm not distancing the other DPS unless they aren't playing properly. I get knocked out of JH before I can do much in most situations unless I either get lucky or I'm way over the difficulty level. The only thing I think needs to be changed is more a result of the Troll-less buff. I can JH all day and never run out of power (still get knocked out of it like no other though.) That makes JH OP, but it isn't a problem with JH or Earth, it's a problem with power and mostly the buff.
    • Like x 1
  14. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Not all melee abilities go to 7m though.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Well you can just go by easy raids like jfa where you can melee everything either. You need to look at all around performance. While one power might excel in a easy raid it might not to to well in something more difficult and a power you though might suck is actually pretty good when it comes to harder content. Nothing will ever be perfect but you have to look at things from all aspects not just well we ran jfa and melee'd everything and these are the best powers.
    • Like x 2
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Or instead of learning the power they like they just jump to whatever someone said was the "best"
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

or was just out DPS'd by lol

and then try to mimick what was happening in the instance :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

what calculations? u can not calculate position, we are speaking about positioning, u can cast melee categorized abilities from mid range for safe damage!
    • Like x 2
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

While that may be what they said I don't think that's the case. Like Crappy said take fireburst for example.
    • Like x 4
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Also this might make some people mad but Roar for nature is on my list of things to get nerfed. Being able to play a power like it has a AM is bull. We didn't come this far to have a power still using a 1234 boom mechanic and it's just to good to have something like that going on.

Another thing about dps is people find the easy stuff first then slowly more people gravitate to that cause it's easy, example jackhammer. I know for fact that there's some stuff out there that's great but no one has found it out yet or are keeping quiet.
    • Like x 4