Let's talk about....the new on duty menu.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 6, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The R&D Station Archive isn't meant to be an 'add to favorites' for the recipes you use, it's meant to hide the recipes you don't use or don't want to see. That's why it's called 'archive'.
    • Like x 3
  2. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

We needed a bit more information about it in the update notes. The test server is PC only right? Did anyone use a controller on test?
    I can manage to q for custom and omnibus, I think, but I have to select what I want, go out of on duty menu and back in to q, otherwise it says failed to update.

A guide for consoles would be handy, when someone figures it out.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It should not be this difficult to queue for content you want to play. I tried again to get in the Vault, and thought I had succeeded, but sadly found myself instead in the Halloween Event...., again....
    • Like x 3
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Holy smokes I never even thought of that! I'm logging onto the game as we speak to archive all those hundreds of thousands of annoying useless plans! (No more cursor disappearing every time a friend logs or someone farts and have to close and reopen the menu entirely then scrolling all the way back down again) XD

Edit: Update: Absolute game changer! :)
    Learn something new every day.
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This has been live for 4 days now. And I have noticed a dramatic drop off in my time in game. It's not necessarily a direct correlation, but when I have left the game in the past few days, it has been a rage quit after using this interface and not ending up in an instance I want to. I really do hope this thing is fixed, or reverted back until it's QA'd a bit more. I play video games for fun, not to be frustrated by a bad UI.
    • Like x 4
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Dentera = it makes your skin crawl?

I mostly like the new UI, but I hope they fix the issues with it that have been brought up in this thread and quickly.
    • Like x 1
  7. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

The new on duty pretty cool but hard to navigate on console but one thing I do like is the new favorites section that is pretty neat but I’ll keep navigating and playing with it more I know things take time but I’ll get the hang of it eventually :)
  8. beardrive Committed Player

I am a PlayStation 4 user, and this is my experience..

If I queue in the new on duty system and I decide not to take an omnibus instance, I get the deserter penalty. However when I go to ready up during that penalty, it fails to update the queue by telling me that it has failed to update the queue until an entire minute has passed. I also need to exit the entire menu and reenter it as it continues to fail to queue even after the timer has passed.

If somebody else declines the instance, I am kicked out of the queue, and then I am forced to re-queue in the on duty menu for the omnibus alert again.

I now have to wait an entire minute to re-queue. Now that I know this, I am letting that minute time out. In addition to that, what I used to be able to cancel would move on to somebody else, but I will now receive the same alert whether I like it or not because I will continue to queue for the exact same thing that will pop.

After 4 or 5 queues and 4 or 5 minutes of letting that minute time out, it's time to move on.

Finally, once in an omnibus alert instance, what once used to be completable is now not without a healer, and the system isn't intuitive enough to force a healer with relevant gear and artifacts into any of those alerts to complete any of them as their job. So once one of the 3 DPS leaves, and the "support roles" fail the DPS checks, or are even able to assist in any way as a troll or tank when the alert clearly needs to heal, a new person can be invited via LFG.

Unfortunately the LFG healer will fail to be invited into the alert repeatedly as it says "failed to invite", for which the system chooses a new random DPS to come in, not understanding that a healer is needed now for most omnibus alerts, as they have been buffed, and the alert can now properly collapse.

After 30 minutes I disbanded the rise of the bat.

In addition, I thought we understood that the new juvenile menu was for players who liked quick poppy buttons, and the core menu was for people who were interested in queuing multiple levels of play in the game.

Why has the old menu been tampered with in such a way as to be like the new menu, including all of its inability to queue anything properly or without confusing hassle?

It takes about a half an hour to get into a raid for me, and about 20 minutes or so on the EU server when I pug it. If I have to wait a half an hour for the raid, then do the raid, then queue again you can see the issues that are going to happen over time with me not only being able to participate and raid with other people, but then also not being able to get my own raids done in a timely manner.

So if someone can rollback the update, I think we might be able to queue for stuff more easily again. It looks like it may have messed up any number of other systems as well along the way.

Thank you
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have made a video of me trying to navigate the new UI to enter the Vault. Should be simple write? WRONG ! Even here I am unable to upload a video. I have tried .mov and .mp4, no luck. I tried using my Youtube account, uploading both to Youtube (successfully), and attempted to insert the link PROVIDED TO ME BY YOUTUBE, mind you, and still failure.

Everything is made unnecessarily difficult to use. This is deliberate. I am so frustrated with this game at this point, from the new UI to this Forum. Nothing works!

But I am sure certain people on here will have absolutely no problem using the UI or uploading a video to this Forum just to prove I am lying about my experiences. They don't have any problems so no one else does.
    • Like x 2
  10. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Why I don't like the new UI:

1. Lack of contrast/emphasis. As others have mentioned. The font blends in too well with the design-y parts. The actual buttons are too small to be read properly. It's hard to tell which "tab" of the menu you're on since they all look the same. Old UI: very obvious when you're on 4-player, 8-player, PvP, etc. New UI: Omnibus looks like Fall Seasonal, takes longer to read the blocky computer font to distinguish stuff (what's wrong with Arial?). The "title" parts at the top is way too hard to notice.

Basically, what page am I looking at? It takes too long to figure out. Can't always rely on muscle memory. And why is everything so hard to read?

2. Cannot have "multiple" queues. Before, you could queue for Omnibus, and also Arenas, and also Legends, and also whatever in the Events tab. If one pips and you finish, the other queues keep going. Not often used feature but nice to have. The issue with having everything get queued together...

3. The space allocated for the list of instances is too small. I expand the Tier 5 raids section and need to scroll down like two pages worth to see everything. And then the titles don't even fit on a line so it's even harder to find what I want. If I have a lot of things queued and want to dequeue something, I need to slowly scroll the miniscule current queue list in the bottom right corner.

___

Now for good things...

1. Favorites. I haven't used this feature but it's cool (in theory). Would probably speed up pet runs slightly.

2. Background art in the middle panel. Make it so it's different and specific to each instance and it's cool.

___

Features I'd want...

1. In general, more PC keyboard shortcuts. So I don't have to use my mouse cursor everywhere to do things. Like even being able to navigate with the movement buttons., spacebar to select, etc. For PS, also more shortcut buttons. E.g. R3 to clear queue instantly or something.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Make sure your YouTube video is public. You may also have more success if you provide the link as:
    Code:
    http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=<your-video-id-here>
    Also, YouTube takes some time to process uploaded video, so wait 5-10 minutes before providing the link here.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

It could fit, but as far as i know "skin crawl" comes when you are a little bit scary or nervous right? 'Dentera' it's more related with something a little bit unpleasant or annoying, something that is not harming you a lot but...if that thing disappear or change would do everything better, anyway thanks for the help.

May i suggest to just copy and paste the link to the video on the message? Almost that way people could copy the link and paste it on a new tab and watch it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you all
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I am sorry for my display of anger, I get extremely frustrated with this game lately and I believe a lot of it has to do with interactions with some individuals here on the Forum. I take my frustrations with them out on the game, my controller, etc…

I hope the usability issues with the UI will be resolved. I am PS4. I don’t know if PC & XBOX users are experiencing similar. I attempted to enter the Vault again this morning with no luck, again. So at this point I will refrain from trying to enter the Vault, and for my own well being, I will refrain from using the new UI.

At this point I think I need to step away from DCUO for a while until I can calmly return to playing it.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So no video?
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

No not yet, lol. I’m at the office currently.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. The Game Well-Known Player

is it me or can you not reset in on duty anymore?
  19. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I recommend not using the CUstom Play for Seasonal.
    Open the On Duty, click Seasonal (above Custom Play), select Vault, q and Ready Up.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kozzie New Player

It's so awkward to navigate and the contrast between highlighted and not highlighted is so nonexistent, it's almost as if they never even tested it on a PS controller and TV.
    • Like x 2