Let's talk about....the new on duty menu.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I can only speak for myself. I usually have my two minutes of grumpy old man, I hate change, then realize what they were doing, and I'm okay with it. In this case though, the existing problem wasn't fixed but exacerbated. We've gone from an odd cursor that was difficult to make out, to a difficult to see border floating around the screen. I've figured out where the cursor starts, and if I'm careful I can follow where it goes, but putting the controller down, or a wayward thumb and it's easier for me to log out and start over to figure out where my cursor is.

I come back to my first experience with the menu, I thought I was queuing for a T6 alert, but found myself in a T2 duo. That was how I discovered the favourites option. I'm not opposed to the favourite menu, I think it's a good idea actually, but it needs to be little more user controlled what I'm lining up for.

This is where the drop in Dev live streams can come in useful. It would have been nice to have had a heads up or introduction to this pretty major change in how the game is played.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ryll Committed Player

I don't mind the new menu....but then again I play on pc so its pretty easy to navigate with mouse.

I was hoping to see an option added to queue for journal related missions. Or even adding a 'queue for this mission' button to the journals would be great.
  3. Ubo Noria New Player

This change makes it a struggle to read the text and navigate the menu. It's not a great experience overall. Definitely miss the old custom play menu.
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Contrast and brightness tend to be higher on monitors than televisions so it would be easier to make your way around.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Are you guys going to change it back?
    • Like x 3
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ya know it's not ok when a leaguemate has to ask how do I reset the seasonal. Might be a bug but I havent been able to reset it from the quick menu, only the custom que. And as I stated before it's been completely trial by error, I still dont know what I do to get it to reset. Just blind luck.

Btw, the person resorted to going to the HoL and resetting it from the quest giver.

Not gonna sell many replays like that devs.‍
    • Like x 2
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Probably not since ya know, it works fine for PC players, just like other things in the game...

**cough tac swapping cough cough**
    • Like x 2
  8. Ryll Committed Player

And you know...being able to click on 'Raids' if I want to raid vs scroll over to it. I play on my tv as well
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think they should change it back in my opinion, it obviously needs some quick work though.
  10. Ingrando Well-Known Player

Exactly! Scrolling on ps4 so annoying I go left and it goes up
    • Like x 2
  11. DeathBreakerG Level 30

The only thing we needed was a way for the game to keep all the stuff we have qd active so we don't have to remake the list each time and re queue, while also removing whatever instance you just ran. Then if someone wants to q the same thing over and over let the favorite button override the removal.

Instead we got this horrible menu, everything combined in a single q and no more shortcuts. Those need to come back asap.

I like that now we can at least pick what to Q from the early end game content menu and omnibus. That's a good addition. Everything done to on duty however, is not.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I am not understanding the changes made to the UI. It is very confusing to me. How do I choose to run the Vault? I keep selecting it but I always get thrown into the Halloween Event, again & again. There is now a red heart beside of the Vault. I have also verified that I have visited the NPC on the HoL to unlock the Vault.

I am on PS4. My frustration with DCUO grows more & more everyday.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you favorite an instance it automatically queues you up for it. So if you added the Halloween alert to your favorites it's going to queue you up for both if you go through the custom play. If you go through custom play you can deselect the Halloween alert and then queue OR queue the vault through the quick play menu.
    • Like x 1
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol lol :) .
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Wow, thanks. I just want to run the Vault, that's all. I couldn't figure out how to do it this morning. It shouldn't be this difficult.
    • Like x 4
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Agreed.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tolly Committed Player

I would like someone to explain to me why, when I tag the last raid in "event", I find myself several times sent to old raids that I did not select? x)
  18. Cordelia Well-Known Player

After a few days playing with it (on the PC) I have to agree with the majority here. It's just too confusing and *small*. I have a monitor, it's in front of my face, but it still can be difficult to read. The contrast isn't great, and the text is tiny.

The only thing I like, literally the ONLY thing, is the ability to remove certain instances from my omnibus runs. And that is a complicated process that had to be explained to me. I'm not even certain it was intentional.

At this point, I'd rather have the old version back, although I'm sure this version could be fixed. I'm just not sure how it could be fixed.
    • Like x 3
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

So about this selective omnibus thing. If I choose to run an omnibus raid, then go to custom and remove one, or a few, or most, or all-but-one raids from the queue - does it still count as an omnibus run for the weekly missions?

Because if so - that would defeat the purpose of omnibus and those weeklies, I think.
  20. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I guess i'm the only one (i haven't read all the messages) but...in general I like the new on duty menu.

The favourite tab is perfect to know what instances i'm working on to get feats, i mean now i have all of them in one place instead of 4 tabs.

The fact that now remembers all the instances i was queuing it's the thing i need more since....forever, and now that i'm on my personal path to get max level on pvp (beware dcuo pvpr's now i'm 97 level!!) it's like a dream.

The only issue i have (it's a silly thing really) it's the way they are sorted on favourites, it gives me 'dentera'* (how would you translate it on english?) that not all 8 person (or 1 or 2 or 4) instances are on the same group but on differents groups (due to the tiers i guess) as you can see on the image. My only suggestion would be to fix that silly thing but everything else seems good.

*Dentera = Do you know that sensation when someone scratchs a blackboard? That sensation is 'dentera'.

[IMG]