Let's talk about Fire

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GJGBlackDragon, Aug 24, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

I spec superpowered also, but I love staff attacks for the crowd control!

On the other hand, haven't tried Flame Cascade since the revamp. FC was awesome when it could crowd control adds and regenerate power in tank stance.
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Now it's only good for doing damage.

3. Stark23 Committed Player

What's funny is you're claiming to be a beast with Fire you have to rely on weapon damage and Neo, neither of which have anything to do with Fire.
    • Like x 1
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

He's just damage species he's still using fire abilitieshes just doing it differently ... and power efficiently if it really is as good as he says

Most want play from the tray to work and I completely agree play from the tray needs to be an option

That said if he's doing as good as he says then he's a great asset to the team he's not using up power
    • Like x 1
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Can you share your parser numbers and stats?

I shared a rotation that never run out of power that do a steady 11k/s without using consumables, trinkets or supercharges with 16k in might in CR 201.

Please, we are trying to provide objective feedback with as much detailed information as possible to avoid chasing ghosts.

Thanks.

Edit: Parser on 30s
    • Like x 2
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Lol, Im using almost exact same loadout. With dualwield to multihit ranged bow WM. Requires bit of skills with clipping and stuff.
    Damage is good enough indeed.
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

I also don't get the SF being in there on a ranged loadout, it's just a waste. If you're at range it won't apply the dot, so why have it?
  8. L T Devoted Player

Downward smash is still a really strong crowd control move. Try it and see!
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What is downward smash?

10. L T Devoted Player

3-tap-hold-tap
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

DW?
  12. appocolyps Committed Player

Its called balance, you all cried for it, so you get it, all powers can put out crazy dps with WE and a spammable, like old days but not as fast with the clipping.
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

I parse 12k-15k on 3 targets no scs or buffs, trinkets etc, 7k-9k on single target. Ill try put a vid up later for u guys.
    • Like x 1
  14. appocolyps Committed Player

SF is has a big range on it for a melee power, its more mid range.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont play fire so i cant comment. But its nice to see someone try and discuss the power set they play and do it honestly and clearly. Someone tried doing this with the power set i main as and it got derailed. Same happened with the ice thread yesterday. Hopefully that doesnt happen here. Wish ya the best on trying to get some adjustments made to fire. Id also say try to provide some video or screenshots as the devs seem to take things as a bit more seriously when those are present.
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

staff
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Yes, if you could please update the chart. BTW...make sure to mention that while Overheat and Spontaneous Combustion used to set things on fire. Now they don't. There is some damage over time and extra damage. But setting things on fire doesn't happen. I posted a bug report about this and no responses. I suddenly realized that's the way they actually did this on purpose! Which is another detriment Fire Tanking has to deal with.
  18. C3alix Committed Player

Yeeaaaah that still won't put you on the top if you're playing with some of the better players. A loadout like that is suicidal in any elite run and detonate is a might-bases power, so why spec full precision if you're gonna use that? Wildfire does almost twice as much damage as detonate and stoke flame is only good for multiple targets. Using it on single bosses gives you part of what it's capable of.

It's like using Mass Det. with nothing on fire.
  19. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Ok fellas,

More tests and more results.

I literally tried every power in Fire with the 3 dummys in the league hall, put the results in a table and started messing around with combinations.

I'll try to keep things easy and simple but even so, here are some numbers based on 16,232 in Might and Weaponization Rating of 16,191 (Only smashing the Meteor take advantage of the Weaponization Rating). Critical Ability Attack Chance of 26% and Critical Ability Attack Damage of 106%. No trinkets, no consumables, no controller and parser numbers "After Combat":

[IMG]

Please take note that I don't have a way to measure the casting time of a power (not in the power notes and not provided in the parser or Damage output from the chat). So this numbers can only help a little in the process of constructing a rotation but the casting animation needs to be taking in consideration because not all power can be clipped and in most cases you have to wait for the casting animation to cast the next power (so it's a gap in time I'm not able to measure).

Based on those numbers I was looking for a rotation that I can have power forever pftt without having to use not even once a consumable to replenish power or a weapon attack.

Based on some testings I end up with the following rotation:
    Inferno > Enflame > Fireburst > Wildfire > Meteor (smash 3 times on the enemy*) > Inferno > Enflame > Meteor* > Fireburst > Wildfire > Meteor* .... (repeat forever)

Besides those powers I have also Fireball Barrage as the supercharge but didn't use it for the testing of the rotation expecting the "pftt forever powered" effect.

With that Loadout and rotation I was able to produce the following Parsers in 30s intervals:
    Damage [30.0s] 11385/s - 341561 total - 292 hits (8182 max) - 80 (27.4%) crits
    Damage [30.0s] 11434/s - 343023 total - 286 hits (8130 max) - 76 (26.6%) crits
    Damage [30.0s] 12235/s - 367050 total - 249 hits (8104 max) - 77 (30.9%) crits
    Damage [30.0s] 11283/s - 338478 total - 286 hits (8103 max) - 77 (26.9%) crits
    Damage [30.0s] 11516/s - 345466 total - 280 hits (8039 max) - 79 (28.2%) crits
    Those are consecutive parsers without needing power so I was 2 minutes and 30 seconds without a troll being able to maintain the rotation.
    This is a very close combat rotation so you practically need to have all enemies grouped and without being interrupted so during content I suggest running with a tank at least.
    My 2 cents.
    • Like x 3
  20. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

By the way,

Notes in Mass Detonation:
    - I tried 50 times in a row and only was able to crit 17 times in random intervals.

Numbers in damage goes from 13k to 27k, but most of the time stay in the 15k range without being able to crit.

That made Mass Detonation a very bad choice to keep in the loadout.

2 more cents.

PD. All Data is collected from the DPS point of view so there are powers that don't do damage and there's no benefit in Damage Output but there are other benefits not discussed such as shield, heal, etc.
    • Like x 1