Let's Play "What's in that Scaling Gear Box?"

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by willflynne, Sep 1, 2021.

1. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Regarding the previous post, I did see Split Personality in a box, it's Mobster.
    I forgot to take the single version from the instance off.

Recently found:

Enduring Gear Box = Medieval
    Galactic Gear Box = Jar Kir
    Gorillatech Gear Box = Biomech
    Interplanetary Gear Box = Fourth World
    Invaders Gear Box = Brainiac Invader

Also, I may have made a mistake with one of the previous entries but not sure.

The Captain's Gear Box I have come across recently is Amazon Polemarch
    But the Multiversal Amazon is also listed as a Captain's Gear Box and all of the other dlc's with Purple Vendor Gear that also had a chance to drop in an instance all kept their names. (Ex: Rider's, Amphibious, etc, etc...)
    But the Amazon Polemarch and Multiversal Amazon have an incoming issue with what will be named what once the next episode drops and Wonderverse goes into the "non 3 most recent" ranks.
  2. L T Devoted Player

not sure if this has been posted, but

frenzied = vestments of rage
    entropic = dystopian amazon
    • Like x 1
  3. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

You can add to the list:

Irradiant Gear Box = Sector Incendiary
    Empyrean Gear Box = Exalted
    Chthonian Gear Box = Corrupted
    Speed Demon Gear Box = Quicksuit

Swiftsuit is also Quicksuit so maybe they changed it or are adding another.
    Since the Captain's style issue I noted in an earlier post is still in question, maybe they will add a rename to one of those boxes.

Also, I encountered an issue with a Nanomesh Belt Gear Box as it gave the wrong style.

Here's the link to that thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...not-giving-correct-style.318798/#post-4450601
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Bumping to say we still need a guide for the Scaling Weapon Boxes so we know which ones we need for which Weapon Styles!

For instance, I need the Mist Enhanced Weapon Styles. Which Weapon Scaling Boxes give those styles? :confused:
  5. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Sorry to be dredging up an old thread,but I clicked on it in Google while looking for something else. Wouldn't a "Preview" button like the ones used for specific items help here? (Edit: and yes, I realise it'd be a massive amount of work at this point.)
  6. Sailor Gill New Player

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It still shouldn't need to be all THAT kind of work. Just adding the name of the style to the description would have been 90% of the battle. You have 120 seconds to look up missing styles before choosing and most of the problem was that the confusing 'gear' name vs the actual style name appears on the unopened box was the biggest problem. If in addition to 'Forgotten Mystic' at the bottom it said 'Mayan Style', which in theory would just require adding 1 line to the item description, would have solved the issue for most people. Most people who were trying to finish sets, knew what pieces they were missing, or where to quickly look them up for the list (less so now as they are spread across more spots now).

This could still be done, but at this point with the boxes opening automatically, it's kind of moot and likely won't be addressed for the remaining 'unopened' boxes...including weapons.
    • Like x 1