LET'S MAKE THE CITIES MATTER AGAIN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hemmy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Hemmy Committed Player

In addition to what I said above, I really don't think adding new safe houses would impact and system's performance what so ever. The system does not have to render the entire city at all. There would be nothing new added to the open world (gotham/metro) save two new glowing lights on the ground, being the entrances to the two "new" buildings.
  2. Nek0 Rey New Player

I liked this before I read your sig. Go steelers, and yes to Mini Nuke!

Also, I wish the missile barrage was a defense debuff so I could use it as a controller haha.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't forget the four 'bouncers' :p
  4. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I would like to correct you on one FACT. The valentine's race has and will always be a part of this seasonal. It was there in the first year but was located in a different place the first year. When they brought the season BACK after missing year 2 and 3 on the PS3 they had moved it back a bit to where it is located now. The KNOW HOW to move this was ALWAYS there BUT because the seasonal had already come into PLAY they didn't have the RESOURCES to CHANGE and MOVE it elsewhere. In fact all they did was to DISABLE the villains the ability to use the SPAWN BUBBLE SWITCH to hit anyone standing at the RACE START.

BOTTOM LINE: They never did move the RACE that year in any way shape or form.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

More stuff to do in the cities would be nice....

But if they mess with Titanic Trenton I'm quitting the game.

6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Fair enough, but then you're not revolutionising the cities, are you? You're just making new instances. Which is what they're doing, right now, anyway, except in much more glamorous locations than the same Police Station/Nightclub with a new skin.

I guess your idea wouldn't do any harm, but personally, I'd rather see a lair of a super villain or something unique than another Police station/Nightclub with enemies thrown inside, randomly.
    • Like x 1
  7. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Whatever they do with the villains they HAVE TO AND I MEAN HAVE TO use the iceberg lounge! It's hugs and the villains need something epic! Plus and more importantly it makes too much sense for them not to use it. Make it happen DEVS!
    • Like x 1
  8. Hemmy Committed Player

of course, they're the life and soul!
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Well then here is a question... How much weight do you think the bottles are adding to the scales?

For instance I'd love them to revamp the open world of the PvP phase, since nobody really levels up there anymore we can probably remove the leveling mission stuff from PvP Gotham to make room for more PvP events(Or at least some NEW PvE instances that are balanced around PvP interference...) When I first started the apeal of PvP phase was basically the fighting between heroes and villains... Yeah there were complaints because there were bullies that liked to pick on new players as they tried to level up their PvE gear(Honestly leveling in PvP phase should have given PvP marks due to this) but that was part of its charm... As infuriating as the bullies were there was just something satisfying about playing bodygaurd for the newbies and successfully putting down the gankers.

Other little things that might liven it up/breath life into it... Walk in portals for new instances... (Suppose one should ask how much a walk in portal weighs, but I doubt it weighs much) Update the daily dose missions to scale with your characters...(Like have Titanic Trenton become more than a one hit wonder when spawned by people that have high enough CR...)
    • Like x 2
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd say considerably less weight than if they were unbottled, to be honest.

They can get away with low poly structures that have low resolution textures on them because of how the bottle obscures the view. They also don't need a collision mesh as well (which explains why if you get in the bottles, you can fly through the buildings). There's also the fact that each bottle shares the same texture, where as buildings like Daily Planet, Iceberg Lounge etc, require their own textures, which need to be unique to separate them as iconic locations.

Not really a bad suggestion, though, making the PVP phase an unbottled version of the maps. Just not sure how viable it is if the current versions of Gotham and Metropolis have been optimised for PS3 usage, in the current, bottled states that they are.

Personally I'd love a mission inside the Iceberg Lounge with a teleporter outside the unbottled version of it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When they made the Metropolis Battle Zone..... people asked why they did not remove the bottles.....

And the Mighty Spytle himself told us that they could not do it because of the way the bottles/map was made.

Again...... either they do not have the knowhow or ressources..... but apparently they just can't do it.

Odds are they probably would have to redo the map completely without the bottles........ and it probably would take up too much ressources to do so.

So we are pretty much stuck with them bottles.
    • Like x 2
  12. Krypton Dedicated Player

Your tired thing with the ps3 holds no water. They have in fact said they do not have the dev team to do cities again like gotham and Metro. It is what it is. you can drink any koolaid you want.
    • Like x 2
  13. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I never said any thing about re- doing the cities IN FACT i was just stating that the DEVS have NOT said they couldn't add content to open world.

BOTTOM LINE: it's is in FACT the ps3 that will hold them back from ADDING new content to the OPEN WORLD.