Let's get this out of the way

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, Oct 4, 2015.

1. EP Ice Loyal Player

New duo comes out and I am going in as a healer. I just want to let you know up front so you're not going in expecting something else and getting all huffy puffy. I normally use the gear that drops in there to build my dps role, so, bear with me.

As always, have a great gaming day and I will see you soon (in the duo). ;)
    • Like x 27
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lmfao I like this post if I were still subbing I'd be more than happy to run the duos with you
    • Like x 1
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'd imagine people will be scared their first time through, and not mind a healer. Next day, though, I'm sure it'll be same old.
    • Like x 7
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

I feel your pain....my electricity toon gets a lot of the kinda love you're alluding to......Q in to a duo as healer and wait for five people to come and go before there's someone who is ok with it lol.
    • Like x 2
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

If someone is going to walk out on a support role, they weren't worth playing with in the first place. Good luck :)
    • Like x 7
  6. Skidmarc Committed Player

Fair enough, look for me, my alts, or any member from Cosplay and we will have good runs.
    • Like x 2
  7. megamanexe Committed Player

i prefer healers in my duos.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

If someone can't solo dps a duo without another dps, somethings wrong.
    • Like x 6
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

well iam dpsing in duo but the gear i drop there iam using for my offrole too :p
    • Like x 1
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

If my sub was active and it wont be until the new cycle well id be ok with u healing. Its a frwakin duo we can solo and I am old school year one. PLENTY OF US learned valueable info in t1 duo
    • Like x 3
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Name? so can I add to ingore :p

Jk
    • Like x 3
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I'll compromise for the new duo.

I'm going in as my "Battle" Controller.

If I queue up with a Healer, I'll go normal Dps. Same with tanks.

I won't ask anyone to change their roles or leave, though...I've never did that.
    • Like x 5
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Good for you. I'll run with a healer anytime.
    • Like x 2
  14. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Truth
    • Like x 1
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Another segment of people walking out of duos because people are playing support roles.
  16. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Just add me to your list. I'll run it with you.
    • Like x 3
  17. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Cheers for the heads up I wont run with you :)

Only because we are on different servers ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Battle Healing ftw. Celestial Update is gonna be so good lol
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let me add my second to this proposal. If ANYONE watched the Podcast on Thursday Mepps ran through the duo with one of the testers and they were BOTH in healer roles. Amazingly no one died and if they hadn't stopped very five seconds to show off a posterr on the wall or whatever.. they moved along fairly well. And let's clarify RIGHT now Mepps was not in GOD mode where all he had to do was look at a mob and they dropped dead from fright.. Also I am not sure I want to ever team with his partner.. She ran ahead of him and seemed like she purposely aggroed every ambush in every room so they were constantly battling a ton of adds at one time.

When that crap started last time when Zamaro Corrupted came out I started putting players that walked on me without a word, OR walked after insisting I switch to DPS and I didn't , on ignore. You can't be bothered to team with me on a duo ,,, Don't expect ME to cover your sorry BUTT during an alert or raid either.

FACT: I have a league mate I can DUO with every day so if I am even on solo and qued up its just to get a few marks I need. I do NOT need your charity and I WILL do everything I can to assist you.. No my damage won't be as high as yours but YOU ARE NOT CARRYING ME.

FACT 2: only ONE person can top the damage scoreboard. I actually had one idiot inform me I needed to do more damage with my Troll and I was in DPS mode. He was 9 CR higher than me and my DPS gear was not as high as the TROLL gear because I slot for TROLL first. Felt like telling him ... Take off half you armor and stop one shoting everything and maybe I can.. IF its all dead in 2 seconds from your attacks how the heck do I damage it?

The worst of these incidents occurred with my natural in DPS mode. I was Cr 121 at the time and teamed with a CR 131. We started the duo and then I realized I was battled a trio of minions alone. AFTER I defeated all three (BY MYSELF) I spotted my so called team mate back at the entrance watching me. Then he left the mission and me alone waiting for a new team mate to QUE. So apparently he hoped I'd get killed, grow frustrated and leave and he could get a "BETTER PARTNER?" Because at Cr 121 being able to not just survive but defeat 3 CR 131 Black Lanterns wasn't good enough for him?

FACT 3: By the time the game found a new team mate for me I had cleared the first set of caves and was waiting at the entrance to the room for the boss battle. YEAH I WOULD HAVE BEEN A HORRIBLE PARTNER.
    • Like x 2
  20. Agnetta Dedicated Player

I don't always solo dps, but when I do, I do it with another dps ;)
    • Like x 3