Let players vote for the new DLCs, Episodes, content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wildcat, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Wildcat Committed Player

Good morning everyone!

In my personal opinion this game is going in to very bad direction..

I hope it's possible to make this game better, so please, for the love of Grodd
    let players vote for new content.

Make like 3 ideas or allow us to chose one of 3 storylines we want to see

Or

Allow us to vote for a specific storyline or character we want to see.

Or

What changes we would like to see like PvP/ new legends?

I hope it's possible!
    Make it happen!

Best!
    • Like x 4
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

No.

The last voting we did gave us Water....like 5 years later lol.

This isnt a democracy. The Players can offer suggestions for content they would like to see and the Devs can certainly make a note and make the decision to go that route.

If this was a non licensed game, maaaybe voting could happen. But this is also tied to WB/DC on tying in Content to what the Comics/Movies could be doing.

Even if there was voting, it doesnt mean the Devs have to listen to it. Its still their decision. You could have 3 suggestions to vote on, but ultimately you wouldnt see them or may never see them. Then if that happened folks could go back to that voting post and just pitchfork on "why you no listen to us!? we voted!" and that brings its own headache that no one wants to experience.

You have an idea for content, make the suggestion. Thats all you can do.
    • Like x 12
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Voting isn't going to work out because they always begin working on new content 6 months in advance and content has to be approved by DC/WB.
    • Like x 3
  4. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

the only thing i want is a dedicated scarecrow dlc, hes been in the game since day 1 but hes only just a lackey but hes my fav villain
    all he has is his opening story line, for batman mentos only, and hes 1/3 of arkham asylum, everything else hes just there, like the yellow lantern version they did a long time ago

also his comic cinematic when you do beat his story in leveling, by far the best one in the game imo
  5. Brit Loyal Player

Players do vote. They vote with their wallet.

The Developers goal with every bit of content they make is to make money. It is a business that can only stay open if it is profitable.

If they make an expansion that you like, play more. Spend more money. Be subbed, or buy the expansion. If they make an expansion that you don't like, don't buy it or un-sub and only run it at the event level. They will watch these things, and they will make the content that they believe will make them the most money.

The reason why PvP was abandoned was not "Nobody cares about it". It was "It is not sufficiently able to be monetized". The players who liked it still didn't have a reason to spend money on it.
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Poll for newest episode (choose your favorite):

- Wonder Woman teams up with her alternate reality counterparts to take on Darkseid.

- Alternate reality Wonder Women team up with their DCUO counterpart to take on Darkseid.

- Darkseid takes on Wonder Woman and her alternate reality counterparts with the multiverse at stake!
    • Like x 5
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Maybe then we could get the long awaited teen titans Go dlc that we all want
  8. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

The devs can’t discuss future episodes so let them surprise with what they have
    • Like x 1
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Agree with TheLorax on this one, it takes too long to get content ready and all the approvals that are eventually needed can drag something out even longer.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My man I sure do hope you're speaking french...cause "We" don't want no teen titans go crap. Keep that stank away from DCUO..... Um....how about no.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

But its like a giant white elephant in the room xD But its left like a vestigial limb, which is a shame. Yes "Vanilla" pvp wasn't perfect, but my god, pvp gave that power fantasy.

Maybe if one day if a developer side project *wink*wink* Standardized stats in pvp phase, Standardized powers based on Power/Role, and maybe weapons would have their own attribute +/- benefits to stats with a special ability unique to its weapon.

[IMG]
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

That'll be a no for me as well,

But...

I could get behind thinking that it takes too long to get approval but they did release monthly content for a bit before it was found to be a bad idea, so I don't really buy that.

Besides they also have said they have way more flexibility in what they can do, it's due to their capabilities that holds them back, that and resources.

We can keep denying the fact that they consistently tell us how long it would take to do things and put blame else where, though DB should make DC it's flagship game, at least with DL they can refocus.
  13. Stardazer Committed Player

Yeah, this won't happen. There are a lot more steps involved in creating the DLC content than just the devs sitting around a table shouting ideas. Like others have mentioned, this is a licensed game with DC/WB and while there is some freedom and flexibility, they have to go through proper channels.

Also, how are they going to monitor the voting process. Not everyone who plays the game uses the forums, what's to stop players from exploiting the voting system in-game, what's to stop me from paying people 100 mill in-game to vote for the storyline I like best. A lot of variables, a lot of unnecessary stress, work, and issues.

Like Trexlight mentioned, if you have some great ideas share them with the devs and hopefully they can one day bring it to life. Until then, just appreciate this game is still releasing new content for you to play and isn't shut down. You might even end up really enjoying the upcoming DLC more than you anticipate.
    • Like x 2
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

While I'm all for community suggestions with ideally the devs listening in my experience the advantages of polls would seem to be outweighed by the potential disadvantages. The first is that there will always be people who try to game the system by stuffing the ballot box. Also from a less intentionally disruptive perspective the people who will poll are a small sampling of the user base. I say this as someone who does vote for these sorts of things.

Also in a number of games where I've seen polls they seem to often cause more strife as people question the results or out and out accuse the devs of cheating them if they don't like the results.
    • Like x 1