Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Liightmare dc Active Player

Just like you said all gadgets players. So is amulet the prob or is it gadgets
    • Like x 3
  2. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

gadgets easily takes advantage of it, but other powersets benefit from it too..

Fire, Munitions, Earth, etc (i rotate powers AT LEAST 5 times a week, yes im THAT bored of the game)

those videos feature gadget players because everyone knows Gadgets is HANDS DOWN the best DPS powerset in this game.
    so why not stack gadgets to go for speed feats.
  3. Dogico Loyal Player

Lmao it's clear you're an idiot who can't read and think cursing is getting emotional. Like I already said, I'm not currently using the Amulet so it's not my "crutch." I didn't move the goalposts, I refuted your point (Amulet has no risk) by saying dps who don't run finisher can still die in a number of ways. I then brought up a related point that the Amulet isn't providing op burn in the example you gave. Lastly, you still haven't done the math on the Amulet because you keep repeating 30% flat buff. Jump on test server right now to see why you're wrong. Anyways I'm done trying to reason with a moron, have fun getting outdpsed by an artifact you don't understand.
    • Like x 2
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

The only times your at risk with the amulet is if you happen to randomly que and get matched up with a terrible healer, Or if your in a raid/alert and your healer dies and at that point you can simply swipe out the amulet for something else or just wipe (which in most raid cases if the healer is out it’s a wipe anyway)

But if you have one solid healer there is no risk and if you have two solid healers you’ll Barely even notice players are running amulet with no finisher. Actively play this game everyday and youll figure that out for yourselves.

Another Part of the reason comes down to content as well when’s the last time we received content that constantly punishes the groups health? If hive elite terra last boss was current end game content then ok it might be a risk running amulet in that type of environment without a finisher. But the closes we had to groups taking constant damage is probably shattered Gotham.. so we have content that won’t apply any extra pressure from running amulet and then the artifact itself isn’t truly high risk to use without a finisher like it portrays itself on top of
    That.

We have videos all over YouTube showing proof you don’t need a finisher and some are still playing blind lol
    • Like x 1
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

It's niw multiple videos and you're still her getting emotional. You don't see it because you don't want to see it. Your crutch is broken
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Where were you when this artifact came out on test server? I'm mainly an atomic tank and I made it work for me. It got nerfed though for tanks but got buffed for dps. Math was given in that testing thread; what you and other people who have posted videos on here are showing is only demonstrating that it was run by extremely good players with high potential of having a lot of skill points and not your average one. You can have 1 bad healer for the whole group to wipe especially with 2 bad healers. I pug a lot and I kept seeing in the chat people disliking the amulet despite having a healer in the group. The damage taken from the amulet was reduced this was pointed in the testing thread. You're asking for it to be nerfed. Maybe you should go read that locked thread. It's funny though nerf a dps art that's not intended for tanks got it and here we have a thread wanting a nerf from the dps art for dps L o L

Anyways... I doubt you're gonna use it in survival mode.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm still waiting on hearing what changes should be made and how OP plans on getting players their money back or if it's gonna be another free new 200 arti of your choice. Vwd is the only precedent so what's the solution? Or should it just get locked out from gadgets being able to use it?
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Tread carefully, even if changes get made theres a precedent of layers getting nothing (see any of the locked threads of SA gettin nerf’d after we invested)
    I would say that players SHOULD but if we didnt for SA then i dont see the rationale for it n this case either (other than the obvious ones i agree with like bait-n-switch tactics).
    Im genuinly curious now about lernea’s tho. I just read above where the damage u take in was nerf’d. So its not as dangerous now? And if so, just how NOT dangerous is it? Like is it viable an safe to use across the board? Just raids? Raids and alerts? Only when a good heal is present? Etc
    • Like x 1
  9. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Just make the artifact damage ignore shields - boom- gadgets and mental can't abuse it anymore.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm on the side of the solar amp discussion that believes it was fixed not nerfed since it was technically doing something it shouldn't have. Vwd is the only one to actually get nerfed from what I recall. And that was the solution, turn it down and anyone that wanted to trade it for another arti could.

And trust me, I agree about the tread carefully comment. I promise y'all, if this does get nerfed, the outcry for nerfing trans and strat will be deafening. Plenty of players would like another playstyle but can't because nothing competes with those still.
  11. AV Loyal Player

Jfc...

1. This took them like 100 gd tries
    2. Other groups have done this with lots of completely different powers, artis, DPS setups, etc.
    3. In one case, they're taking advantage of the Red Lantern Henchmen boss CC exploit (which shouldn't be held against them imo in this case)
    4. Gadgets isn't even the best-equipped power for that feat...
    5. Most DPS capable of burning for that feat are capable of doing it just as easily on any power or setup.

Hardly "zOmG sO oP bRoKeN" when it's only doing what other people do without it (and without giving the enemy free damage-in), is still just as much of a pain in the *** to do either way, and most people still had to use a Henchmen bug to perma-stun the 2nd boss to make the RNG bearable. You're comparing videos to a vacuum and neglecting the many failed runs and times where things don't go smoothly.

If your entire schtick to feedback is "I SAW A POWER DO A THING!" without actually understanding powers, DPS, artifacts, feats, or the game overall and its various possibilities, then please stay tf out of balance discussions.

*******... L O L... the ignorance...
  12. AV Loyal Player

They wouldn't be able to use it al all then, as the damage insta-cancels Stealth/Invis. They're forced to take a 2% damage cut to even use it at all. Success on those powers also requires they be short/mid range as much as possible in general, with their average performance, across all situations, with all factors considered being on par with what other powers can do without the same limitations/requirements. Also, in Gadgets' case, its BiS boss builds are heavily ST and lack splash in general.

It's overall a simple case of people not understanding the strengths, weaknesses, advantages, and limitations of different powers in different situations combined with outright netdecking that's lead to the goofy "GaDgEtS tEh GoAt" mindset. They're not "abusing" it and they are, in fact, not getting as much of a benefit from it as other powers, which is why Amulet closed the gap between some powers significantly.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea we will disagree on SA because to me f it was acceptable and fine for over a year then it was a nerf. At that late stage after so many ppl invested u cant just arbitrarily say “nope, not as intended”. Ppl paid for that performance intended or not an they were happy cashing those checks. But we will agree to disagree, lets not go back down that rabbit hole as i dont have rope and im betting you dont have a ladder for either of us to get out hahaha.
    • Like x 2
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

And I still will never agree at the fact that SA bug giving that power mobility was so bad to have it removed.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha, fair enough. It's not bad in here when adults disagree. I definitely understand your position tho. I just didn't have a dog in the fight so got the devs side too. I give then that one due to wording. The VWD, that stays my precedent for what would need to happen if they do change this arti.
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What did happen with that one? And what was the result? I was still away when that went down (goes to garage to find ladder and/or rope for us)
    • Like x 1
  17. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

From what I've learned, they apparently nerfed it at some point, probably when or after the max Rank was raised to 200. And to make up for something, the already leveled artifacts have been auto-leveled to certain breakthrough ranks depending on how far you previously leveled them.

(That coming from somebody who certainly didn't even have it at 160 when that was max, and returned last october after a ~2yr break to find it at rank 200)
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, think nano is pretty spot on. It was too op so anyone that had already gotten one to 200 by the time the nerf happened was allowed to trade it for an arti of their choosing that would be instantly 200 with no costs to them. So catalysts and all that included. Or they could keep it since it was still the #1 choice for prec at the time.

Pretty sure anyone that has this arti at 200 would swap it out immediately if it was nerfed. It's good, great for some powersets even, but still not really part of the meta and a lot more of a challenge to use vs the normal 3
    • Like x 1
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

if anything, I have soap ... (probably no one will understand the joke, but I can't resist;)
    But in general, the situation with the SA showed that the money invested, alas, is not insurance against changes ...

There were two interconnected bugs, one allowing you to move and the other to interrupt HV without wasting damage (you could clip HV without drop of damage), Batuba then tried to leave one and fix the other, but he failed, in the end he removed both effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, I hate this artifact (LA), I don’t like it when I play as a healer, I don’t like it when I play as DPS, and even when I play as a tank (where I don’t care what artifacts someone else has ) ... But let's try not to be biased ...

Let me list the main relationships associated with the artifact, maybe this will allow you to look more soberly at the artifact, another topic based on videos from "youtube" is not serious ...

First, 30% to base Might, not absolute Might, which means that the final DPS increases by less than 30%.
    This also means that with each additional percentage gain (such as gain from EoG, from Troll, from Compound, etc.) in a real raid, the value in comparison with other bonuses (such as critical damage from Transformation, or Dot from a Strategyst Card) loses on strength and usefulness.
    In a real raid, we also use Orbitals, pets (permanent robot, and temporary ones), this again reduces the significance of the bonus (it does not affect their strength).
    Further, in many cases, we have to change our loadout (the finisher is present in very many meta loadout) for the optimal one, this again reduces the significance of the bonus.
    Well, at the end, we come to the structure of the content and the human factor, the bonus needs to be actively supported if we are busy with the boss mechanics (dodge, block, etc., that is, there is a chance that the bonus will subside and we will have to rebuild it, depending on our skills, these gaps will be less or more, but in any case we will have moments , our bonus is not maximum or zero.

As a result, in real content and not in fantasies, the bonus from the artifact is significantly less than some people try to imagine.
    • Like x 3
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Well said, reality and perception often do not align
    • Like x 1