Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Well, this does bring me other questions as a bystander.

Even if this is a case of really good healers, doesn't it feel... wrong that players are being able to ignore the only thing that should make this artifact balanced with other playstyles, without even using finishers? Have the developers ever intended for Lernaea to be used without a finisher, and ignoring its only downside?

Changing the topic a little, this artifact is even making elitist players shame and ridicule healers that aren't able to heal their butt without a finisher. I know this is more a case of "do use a finisher if running with a healer you don't know", but that's the community behavior we're getting...
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Gotcha. Makes sense.
  3. AV Loyal Player

No. Even on one of the safest powers with it, I can't use it the same way with average healers as I can with top-tier healers. Maxing the arti out is a two-person job (technically three in raids since it can start to create issues if the troll goes down) and by the end of a run, it'll generate damage-in much closer to that of a tank. In Elite, with so many % based attacks, it's especially critical both the healer be solid and the DPS know when casting will be suicide.

Even if the DPS is perfect and the healer is perfect, there will be times where amulet will still get someone killed. Riding 10 stacks is like taking steady raid-wide damage on top of the already steady raid-wide damage, only worse. There are fights in which it straight up cannot or should not be used no matter how good the healer.

It's a lot of strings attached to a build that other non-amulet builds can tie without needing additional support and without the risk. If the artifact was any weaker, it'd be worthless. That's all on top of the fact we still need another DPS artifact on standby for fights where Amulet can't be used or for healers who can't hang. It's a good Arti, but this thread is bs and ppl ******** about it in reg, where everyone can ignore every damage source, melee every boss already, and where I can tank in full DPS gear it's so safe have no idea what they're talking about in the first place (and generally don't understand DPS to begin with).
    • Like x 2
  4. AV Loyal Player

Yes, it was tested that way and buffed specifically because the average number of stacks required for it to be viable combined with the risk of use wasn't remotely worth it, originally. It IS balanced with other playstyles, as prec, hybrid, and non-Amulet might powers can keep up or surpass it just fine. Some powers are Amulet BiS for Might, some are still Trans Strat BiS.
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Make no difference. He is a good healer, but he is using 3-4 heals with 1 main healer artifact. He is barely using power. What's worse is, tge Artifact don't take up any loadout space. Just a 30% might buff. All buff Artifacts use atleast one loadout space except the might one and no one has a problem
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To me it makes a difference
    I say that because if only the elite of the elite can pull this off its a pretty small sample size to use to justify an argument in either direction.
    Basically if your sayin these select few healers can pull this off therefore the amulet is broken and OP i’d prob say thats incorrect due to sample size as if most cant do that, then the inherent risk is still present and would cause issues, deaths, etc.
    Basically if your saying any average healer can do this then i’d be inclined to agree its broken and OP.
    Sample size (i.e. who can pull this healing off) is the key IMO. The artifact is working as intended as far as i can tell. If a few healers can pull this off then yay them. Im not investing in this art as a dps because im not running various loadouts for various situations and im not gonna count on an epic elite healer that wont always be there to carry the art for me an make it functional.

My personal experience with this art is this:
    Pug group or Q up an start raid, so n so dies way fast, happens a few times, ppl look up his/her skirt an theres the issue. They have amulet and no finisher. They get called out an told to run a proper loadout with a finisher to use that art, they blame healer (whos doing just fine, just not for their suicidal tendency's), the vote to kick the dps comes up, dps is quickly voted out.

Not sure what this makes me think except perhaps the risk is not worth the reward? Not for the general population anyways. I dunno. Just ig ore my ramblings and move on lol
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed i think. I dont get out damaged too much and when i do its not usually by too much. I pug alot an randomly Q up so my sample size aint very good most likely but i havent seen an amulet user out dps me except when the heal is able to keep them alive an then its 50/50.
    When i run w/amulet users (again i pug an Q mostly) the result is 7 out of 10 times roughly that the group boots them cause they die so fast and so much. I fail to see the upside of using it personally lol
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

That's a problem. An example is given and "He is a very good healer". That excuse can be used forever in a day. Very good or not, he not even maximizing his healer loadout. He is using 1 healer artifact and 3-4 heals. One third of his loadout is used for gemini spam. That should be enough, but nope, it's not.
    • Like x 1
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Just to further prove the point, I posted a video where a fire dps was beating a DW prec dps. No one knew either. You kniw what excuse they used? He not a very good prec dps. So either the person will be really good or really bad to prove a point. It's plenty of videos on YouTube with the same concept. Solo healer with gemini spam loadout.
    • Like x 1
  10. inferno Loyal Player

After reading this post I tried watching the vid again. I'm still confused how you were able to determine which dps was using the amulet as an artifact. The video never mentions which one is using the amulet, only the title states he's healing an amulet user. At one point, I watched the health of the dps' to see which one and the only one I see that could be using aggressively was the "fistful" toon and even then I see a bad dip initially in each fight, then it usually stays above 80%.

I'm just not sure this particular video is a good sample of what you are saying about groups of dps being able to use the amulet and no finishers with barely any repercussions.
    • Like x 2
  11. inferno Loyal Player

You're experience seems a fair assessment of a player's use and abuse of the artifact against a healer; from what I know. I also think Batuba was successful in presenting these artifacts as an Alternative gameplay rather than an new OP setup. It certainly is competitive against other artifacts but I don't really recommend switching artifacts and spending more on XP and Seals just to play it out. Thankfully, there is the test server to play around in.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Agreed. I think it's a great arti that offers a new style but compared to the metas, it's pretty much equal potential with a greater reliance on a good healer. I think op wants it to actually just kill you if you don't cancel?
    • Like x 1
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

If you think the Amulet is a "flat 30% might buff" then clearly you haven't done the math correctly and it's a waste of time to argue with someone who gets their info from youtube rather than actual testing. I don't run Amulet right now but when I did I couldn't just que into any alert or raid and expect to be fine without the finisher. You're lying if you say anyone can run without finisher in any content.
    • Like x 1
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

Now your argument is you can't just que? Keep moving thst goalpost
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

Not sure if you are slow or have difficulty reading but my argument in that post was an Amulet user can't expect to run all content without a finisher. If I run without finisher in an alert with no heal the group heal buff is not enough to keep me alive. If I run a raid or alert with a healer who can't heal through the damage spikes I'm dead. I could just as easily show youtube videos of Amulet users dying since you think there is no risk.

Also, you seem to gloss over the 24 minute FGSR run. The point of dps artifacts being op is that they allow for faster burn, so if an ENTIRE GROUP of Amulet users can't even get sub 20 minutes then how strong is the Amulet? Because really burn is what it all comes down to. If Amulet users were taking same damage in from powers but had 10% max might buff you wouldn't be complaining, because the burn would be terrible. Not all healers can keep Amulet users alive, and not all Amulet users can safely run without finisher. Last thing, it's not a flat 30% might buff. Maybe get off here and do some math.
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Just don't care what you have to say simple. Put a video up of an elite group, but continue to talk about your reg alert run without a healer. Stay focused on the 24 minute run instead of the dps not running finishers. Take up for the cheese you need, because you're fighting this way to hard.
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

Good job not responding to anything I said. Who gives a **** that you found a regular run where the dps aren't running finishers? Really why does that matter? Have you really never seen a dps without the finisher die? Running Amulet without finisher is difficult, not everyone can do it. When I ran Amulet I didn't even attempt it because I knew the dps increase isn't worth the lowered survivability. If NOBODY was running the finisher then you'd have a point but it's rare for people to not use finisher and not become a burden. I asked you to show multiple Amulet users running elite content but you can't because you're full of ****. It's also pathetic how I've debunked all your points but all you can do is mention how the time doesn't matter. The 24 minutes isn't the crux of my argument but it's a point you are unable to respond to because you're an idiot.
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

Now you upset because you tried to move the goalpost and couldn't. Just take the L and walk man. You too emotional. Your crutch is broken
  19. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

just look up any speed feat video...they all have gadget players and all gadget players use amulet with no finisher.
    its really not hard to find

this one had at least 2, including the POV

this one had like 3 i believe as you see them building stacks before the first teleporter

all of which run single healer, likely running green spam...its really common
  20. PHNTM Well-Known Player

That's more to do with Gadgets and it's cheap power spam ability, then the Amulet.