Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

Your proof that the Amulet is op is a 24 minute FGSR run lmao
    • Like x 6
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

Don't see your point? My point is it's used with little risk. No extra loadout spot just a buff up to 30%
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What risk? lol
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

I'd believe you if you showed an FGSE run instead. Also the whole idea behind it being op is that dps running Amulet can burn faster than dps without Amulet. A 24 minute FGSR run doesn't show that.
    • Like x 6
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Did you see anyone use a finisher? That was my point. Those dps might run 45 min FGSR run. It's not an idea, it's fact. The amulet is a flat 30% might buff. It's definitely OP. Only people not admitting it are the players abusing it
  6. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

lol @ anyone that doesnt think this artifact is broken
    and i use the hell out of it

"risk" reward ...lol..yeah ok
  7. Drownment New Player

even the gem of orus artifact was nerfd, why dont Lernaea's? xD
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Your proof is a REG run? And a reg run that def can be done in about half that time? I said ELITE...you might as well had included an event run clip. Geez lol
    • Like x 5
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So assuming everyone agreed with op, doesn't seem that way but for the sake of argument, are you going to make a suggestion as to what it should be doing? It does exactly what it says it does. No one ever said (minus some forumites) that not canceling would kill you. It can in fact do just that if you aren't careful or using "expensive" power cost rotations.

So what do you op believe should be done. Just remember, if they start downgrading artis, your favorite could be next. I'm sure they'd love to tune down trans and strat so making new artis didn't have such a high benchmark to surpass. Almost seems like maybe this one was meant to so players could have a different yet equally capable build while completely excluding some meta choices
    • Like x 3
  10. inferno Loyal Player

i watched the video in spurts, I just can't go through the whole 24 minute run. How were you able to tell how many or who were using the amulet or when or if they cast the finisher? with them all bunched up and power popping up all at once, I seriously could not tell what's going on; only what powers were used.

I remember when I tested this after rank 160, a player is able to put out 1 maybe 2 more casts before the finisher needs to be cast. And before Batuba's changes it was a necessity that your 11th cast was a finisher or it would take out 85% of your health. So for the healers who have healed through a group, I want to ask: Can you heal through a player that has reached the full 10 and is constantly casting powers without the finisher successfully? and How many of those in a group can you handle?
    • Like x 2
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I agree. This is a very dangerous move to make. They have already adjusted enough artifacts to the point that it has soured a lot of players who spent ridiculous amounts of money leveling up artifacts. Specially, now that Batuba is gone.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

When it 1st went live, I took 3 users into the wv alert. End game at the time. Had 1 cancel, 2 not cancel. I could no longer heal thru mean wonder woman reflect or posidens trident attack for those not canceling. The other player survived fine. So not canceling still does have the ability to kill you if you as a user aren't on point. Aka, blocking, dodging, whatever may be needed.

The arti honestly only bothers me when someone steals a heal away from the tank because their health has gotten so low. Most users have figured out balance by now. Others are just all in no cancel and if they tell the healer, not a huge deal. Their damage received will be about the same as a tank tho so if I see average damage out, I'm letting them enjoy a few downs to reflect on their loadout.

Now tanks using amulet are a good time lol. They melt opponents and have plenty of health to play with. Plus shields absorbing some of that damage too. Again, I like the arti. Makes for unreal burn when coupled with a buff troll/ battle tank/ 1 healer with eog. And can even use a bunch of other little tricks to bring the trolls health up to get more out of tetra. League hall buffs, sodas, tetras, amulets, blah blah and you've got like 50% might buffs. Not terrible. I never understand the nerf posts. Players doing more damage is a good thing. So is it solely because a player doesn't like being left in the dust?

If anyone should be complaining about prec and might buffs, it's me and my fellow pet build players lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

What kind of idiot keeps attacking Wonder Woman during reflect and stays in the trident's way?
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, a lot of players really. But I told them to stand in it lol. That's how i test my own abilities. But they were instructed to continue to attack thru it. Now that I've leveled past wv it may be time to see if we can endless stack and ignore all mechanics
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

No Dps used finishers
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

The point isn't the time. The point is a single healer is healing 5 amulet users who not using finishers. It's going over all the abusers head
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

Healers are healing through the full 30% buff without the dps using finishers. It's happening in the video, but the abusers want to talk about the time instead of the dps with a full 30% might buff and getting healed through it
  18. Proxystar #Perception

This isn't necessarily specific to Lernaea's Amulet I'm not suggesting it is or isn't broken, but in general

I think it's more to do with the fact it starts to creep in as a mandatory play style that even content eventually has to account for and once that happens it can become compulsory for a player to play that way to achieve the necessary damage output required to complete content (more so elite content).

If you've got content that incorporates DPS checks but has to take into account imbalanced damage from one play style that is greater than all others, it then makes it even harder, although usually not impossible, for those playing a different combination of artifacts if the developers shorten damage check windows or increase health pools to account for the burn being put out by the imbalance.

People ask for nerfs because they worry they're going to be forced to spend a lot of time and money building an artifact and playing a certain way they'd rather not.

When things are imbalanced to the point where one build is doing greatly more damage than another build, then it can become a very real problem.
    • Like x 4
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Not sure if the fire dps is using finisher. Don't look like he is, but the Gadget dps definitely isn't. The healer is also only using 3 heals and 1 main healer artifact. You all want to look at times instead of the artifact not posing a risk to the dps using it
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Let me ask this as an unbiased bystander......
    Is it that it doesnt pose a risk or is it that these runs being showcased are being healed by really really good healers?
    Can the average everyday healer do this and do it consistently?
    • Like x 2