Not A Bug Lernaea's Amulet and open world Valentine's mission

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TheNewGuyonDCUO, Feb 8, 2021.

1. TheNewGuyonDCUO New Player

The healing done when casting a finisher isn't, apparently, based on the power cost but on damage done.
    This is only happening while doing the open world Valentine's mission and not the 4 man mission.

ps I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture while doing this from my cell
  2. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

The healing done is always based on damage done, everywhere in the game. You only hit the open world seasonal adds for 1s.

What's the bug?
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I agree, it's not a bug. However, I'm sure it's fairly annoying. Since the winter seasonal, I changed up my main's load out. I'm still not using that artifact, but my old load out could kill seasonal ads quickly while the new one can't.

At the very least it's inconvenient to need a separate load out for open world seasonal ads.

To the op on the picture thing. If you click help at the top and look at bb codes, you'll see how to manually add pictures (along with other things). Or you could switch to the desktop version of the site to get that editor, but you'll want to do that before you start typing or you'll lose what you typed.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

Lernaea's is a very context specific artifact. The only toon I use it on I have 2 DPS loadouts one with it and one with out. I'm not sure

I'd ever have it on full time on any of my characters but IMO if you do you'll have to change up your playstyle to match the circumstances.
  5. TheNewGuyonDCUO New Player

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/news-feed/2020/7/6/episode-38-wonderverse-artifactshe
    According to this website, the artifact's description clearly states the artifact deals damage to user based on power cost, not damage done.
    but even if healing received is truly based on damage done, that still means i shouldn't be taking 5k in damage because I'm only doing 1-2 in damage PER attack
  6. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Ok, so the damage you deal to yourself is based on the power cost of whatever ability you use and amplifies based on the number of stacks. Using your finisher then heals you bad on the damage you deal. It's working as intended both ways.

Your best bet is to just take off the artifact to kill the adds in the open world.