Legion DLC, the most boring DLC ever?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know about you, but I find that the Legion DLC was probably the most boring and longest DLC I've ever had to do on the DC Universe, I've never been so bored on DC, whether it's the WB farming or the refarming, I can't take it anymore, I can't find the pleasure of this DLC, not to mention the secondary currency added to add even more farming than there is already and the WB farming feats, which are way too long.

Wonderverse was in the same principle and yet strangely, I managed to support it better than Legion (well apart from the world boss farm, which will remain the most boring thing to do in the DLCs) maybe because, new DLC formula, or simply better dosed? I couldn't really say why I liked it better, Wonderverse was only missing one more raid and I think it would have been perfect, plus Wonderverse I really liked the idea of "travelling" through several areas in the raid, I thought it was nice and a good idea.

How do you feel about this DLC now after playing it for so long?
    • Like x 10
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm tired of trying to farm the secondary mark, then they made the new stuff require the secondary marks you get from farming the bosses. Can only run in circles so many times. I pretty much stop running the bosses for the most part, also the alert. The last boss got on my nerves, I was constantly getting stuck inside the metal ball. I got the full set of gear, so the marks are useless nothing else to buy.
    • Like x 1
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Birds of Prey was pretty terrible too but yeah this dlc dropped and after 2 weeks I took an extended break. Came back with the survival mode announcement.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shalayah Committed Player

The open world bounties are what does it for me. I hate farming them. But what does help me is dedicating one specific day to doing it so there’s that.
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I'll even add a little unimaginable personal anecdote, I once found myself wanting to pick up a cousin, put it on the desk and put my head on it while typing the WBs, I never thought I'd fall so low, or even be able to think of doing such a thing and have done it :eek:
  6. Kilbane Active Player

I don't know about the most boring.. but it has definitely outstayed its welcome. I like the short and sweet raid, the alert is short in content long on wind though. The 31st zone is ok, the daily missions aren't too bad, no more kill 400 or whatever mobs, so you can actually play other content and not get super bored. What gets me the most though is the drop rate on quintile shards. I've gotten all the bounty counter feats and then some and my goggles are still only rank 21.. and I've gotten a few shards from a friend to help out.
  7. Wildcat Committed Player

totally agree
    so many great classic characters and stories... even Last Laugh wast better :rolleyes:

How about some more Wildcat? Intergang? Black Mask? Redarrow? Red Hood? Deadshot?

maybe an episode about Captain Atom and Major Force? public enemies?

how about an alternative earth and Watchmen stuff?

legends pvp update? so we can play as our favorite characters? make some livestreams?

if You want us to play the game, please give us some cool stories and stuff, thanks! ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

They drop pretty often once you're done. Like I barely ever run legion stuff except weekly now and I'll get 2 out of 3 toons everytime now. Less you run, better your chances maybe? Or it knows I'm done and just passing them out to league mates that are still farming but not getting any.

It was a rough dlc is all I'll say. It's almost over. 3 toons almost capped on coins with a bit of room to only do the raid till I'm over cr. Don't hate that. Kinda knew they'd be adding 1 final reason to do bounties but just don't kill the boss and you'll collect those quick.
  9. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Legion was dogwater. It was the most repetitive dlc they could’ve given us, Most of the time spent was mindlessly grinding bounty’s over and over, had lame forgettable characters, seriously who the hell is cosmic boy and Saturn girl, a boring storyline with reused mechanics, honestly I tried to enjoy it but couldn’t I hated everything about this dlc.
    • Like x 5
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

There hasnt been a good DLC since BOP. This new formula is trash and over grindy in terms of them wanting you to farm bounties over and over and over again. BOP wasnt super awesome but at least it didnt have bounty grinds.

Hopefully they will come up with a new formula in the next DLC.
    • Like x 1
  11. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Facts
  12. DeathSlayerYT New Player

I find both wonder verse and legion equally bad but wonder had a better story
    • Like x 1
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

For me it's definitely the worst & the most boring DLC ever. The fact that we're almost into month 5 without a new one makes this whole experience even more tedious. I hate, hate, HATE the open world and dem bounties.

Ugh!
    • Like x 2
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

I wasn't around for two years worth of these latest Episodes, so I can't comment on Legion's overall standing relative to all of the Episodes. But without a doubt, Legion is my least favorite DLC in all of my years. Even the monthly content year produced better... content.

I commend the team for trying to bring back Elite alerts, but alerts themselves aren't what they used to be. Two boss alerts should strongly be reconsidered. I will give Legion one thing - The Thrall of Ekron suit in one of the greatest gear sets that's ever been created. It's already one of my absolute favorites and one of my characters will be wearing it for many, many years.
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Zoo was the worst episode, but for sure this one is the most boring. There isnt 1 enjoyable thing in my opnion, the raid sucks, the alert mechanics are frustrating and I dont even bother touching the bounties anymore.

Plus the characters are lame, I know many asked for legion but yeah, lame. I hope they can give us something interesting with this flashpoint episode
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's not the dlc legion that's boring it's pve that's boring. Pve is only fun for the first month an ep drops after that you spend time on feats or run pvp. Unfortunately there isn't any PVP anymore so we're left with swallowing pve only.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My problem with Legion is how darn buggy it is. I could probably list bugs for every zone.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

As with every dlc theres stuff I like, stuff I don't.

Either way its time to put this one down the list and get that new dlc out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The new DLC drops in a few weeks with a duo, alert two raids, elite versions of all and NO secondary bounty currency. Part of the reason this DLC was so long was because they took time to make another SM which MANY people wanted and because of the 10th anniversary event and new anniversary raid which many people liked and enjoyed (and got a lot of SP from). Also, development time is slowed because of Covid. Try and take these things in to consideration. This topic is just beating a dead horse for the umpteenth time.
    • Like x 8
  20. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I don't mind like half the DLC.. :D

The alert and raid are not too long and only one zone. The open world is nice and I would prefer all DLC's to have a short solo weekly mission, if anything just because you don't need to wait for anyone else to complete them.

However having two similar very grindy DLC layouts back to back, and if you combined that with them increasing the cost of items purchased with the secondary currency by like 20-30% with this DLC, it makes this one just feel really boring compared to Wonderverse.

I will be very happy to go back to the old layout, as they were much easier and faster to farm for everything.
    But I would not mind going back to this type of DLC or even a combination of both in the future, with adjustments of course. (Wonderverse should be the grind level for this kind of DLC IMO)
    • Like x 2