[Legends PvP Tournament] Ranked 2v2s #2

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Hello all, it's time for the 2nd Ranked Legends PvP 2v2 Tournament.

Format: Double Elimination
    Bracket is subject to change the night of the tournament.

Prizes: At least 10 teams must participate (host's team is NOT included); You must have a PayPal account to be elligible.
    1st Place: $25 USD per person
    2nd Place: $15 USD per person
    3rd Place: $10 USD per person

Date and Time: April 2nd, 9 PM EST (6 PM PST)
    Sign ups: In-game name for both team members. Team captain's name first. Ex: Captain/Partner.
    -If you sign up solo, YOU are responsible for finding a team member and editing your sign up name BEFORE the tournament starts. Failure to do so will be disqualification.
    -All teams who are not fully present after 5 minutes of the tournament will be disqualified.
    In-game chat name: LT. ALL Tournament announcements will be here. Go to Settings > Chat options > Add/Join Chat channel > type in LT

Drama or Reporting Cheating: Send screenshot or video proof in a Private Conversation to my forum account - Grand Shaw. No proof, no disqualification. If I see any cheating/drama caused, I reserve the right to disqualify and/or ban you from future tournaments.

Failure to follow the rules: Disqualification. You are required to read and understand any and all rules.

Sending scrimmages: Team captain at top half will send to Team captain in bottom half.
    Time frame to finish matches: 15 minutes per round (tentative).

Map: Batcave 2v2
    Banned Legends:
    Broken or OP Tier: Bane, Bizarro, Black Adam, Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Shazam, Two Face
    Bugged Legends: Flash
    Too popular: Wonder Woman
    Double Legends: No duplicate legends teams of any kind.
    • Like x 2
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I've laid out all the rules the best I can based on the last two tournaments I have hosted, both of which were trial runs to help me get an idea of how to host my tournaments.

To encourage people to get a Challonge account to sign up, participants who sign up via Challonge (instead of having me personally sign them up) will be placed in a higher seed than those who do not sign up via Challonge. Why am I doing this? So people can get used to using Challonge.com and have their bracket available to read.
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Setting up a Challonge account:

1) Go to challonge.com
    2) Click Log-In/Sign Up

You will be guided through for the rest. Then you can sign up for tournaments via Challonge.

If you need to search for a tournament on challonge:

1) Hit "Browse Tournaments" at the bottom of the screen
    2) Type in DC Universe Online in the "Game" box on the upper left hand corner.
    3) A whole list should appear with dcuo related tournaments.

I wouldn't do this if I wasn't asked how to do this in the past. Lol.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Can't have my thread this low, you won't find me spamming the 5v5 chat until Sunday.
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

3 teams are currently signed up. 7 more teams to go!
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

5 teams have signed up so far! 6 more to go!
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I can't have this thread this low! Tourney's are important to me. :p
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

Did you PM Mepps to get it pinned till the tourney is over? He has been doing it for all the other tourneys since the last PvP update hit live.
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I like the challenge of having to keep it up. :p
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

2 more teams signed up! 4 more to unlock the $100 prize pool!
  12. comrade sonya Committed Player

Seems like a lot of effort to put 100 dollars into clutch's pocket
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Technically it is $25...or in Venge's case Pizza Money.
    • Like x 1
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Edit: Exactly what Brice said. People should really stop worrying about Clutch and Venge and worry more about showing how many people still care about PvP. If more people participate in tournaments, then it will show. Acting like it's not worth your time just because of Clutch and Venge isn't doing any good.
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

None of my legends friends play anymore and even old opponents don't log in so it's not very exciting to participate.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

You could've said that in the first place. :p I wish they were around to participate, but I don't know too many PS players, so there isn't much I can do about that.

If people spread the word about it, people might be encouraged to give it a shot.
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

7 teams have signed up! 2 more and prizes will be available. A little over 24 hours left.
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

12 Teams have signed up, but it doesn't mean it's full! At least 10 must participate for cash prizes!
  19. comrade sonya Committed Player

My first post was just an observation that I thought was funny. It's hard to incentivize legends tournaments, even with money, when most people just don't care about dcuo anymore.
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well I do, otherwise I wouldn't be hosting tournaments in the first place, and from the size of not just one of my tournaments, but others' as well, some people still care too.

I know people have left because of dissatisfaction, there's nothing I can do to change that, but I'm gonna make the most with what I've got, because as long as the devs keep fixing PvP, however long it may take, it'll be worth it.