[Legends PvP Tournament] BvS 2v2

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Not everyone can be competitive in Arenas. :p

-Use your in game names
    -You are EXPECTED to read and abide by any and all rules AND have access to the bracket during the tournament. (I made the link easier this time so there's no excuse.)
    -Use the 'LT' chat like the last tournament
    -Reporting players: I will need video proof, otherwise I have no choice but to ask you to either restart the match or accept the result.

Time and Date: Friday, March 18th @ 9PM EST (6PM PST)

Permitted Legends: One member must pick a Legend related to Superman, while the other Picks a Legend related to Batman. No double legends, no double Batman related, and no double Superman related.

If the Legends are NOT on this list, they are NOT allowed:
    Batman related: Arkham Joker, Batman (any skin is permitted, but not two different skins on the same team), Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn (Future skin permitted), Huntress, Joker, Nightwing, Robin

Superman related: General Zod, Power Girl, Steel, Supergirl, Superman, Ursa (really need more Kryptonian Legends. :p)

PLAYERS MUST HAVE ONE FROM EACH CATEGORY, This is more for fun than competition!

Stage: Batcave, 2v2
    Time Limit: 15 Minutes to start and complete each round
    Format: TBD

Bracket: Seeding rules (subject to change at any time)
    Prizes: TBD (if any at all); Potentially a $50 prize pool.
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

Is Bombshell Harley permitted?
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Lol sure. Forgot about that skin.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Also forgot about Bombshell and TV Supergirl. She's fine too.
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Just in case it wasn't implied:

YOU MUST HAVE PAY PAL TO WIN ANY MONEY PRIZES

FYI. :p
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

3 Teams have signed up so far. Yes I will be spamming the 5v5 chat later today. Don't be shy, the more participants, the less likely you'll be knocked out by a higher seed in the early matches. :p
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

8 teams have signed up so far! SIGN UPS WILL CLOSE TOMORROW @ 8:45 PM EST! I gotta set things up.
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

TOURNAMENT RESULTS:

1st place: Clutchmeister and the Venganza
    2nd place: Complexion and Fore Shadow
    3rd place: Just Klutch and Despise

I will post the seeding later. GG's to everyone.
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Seeing as we don't have any official tournaments for Legends (since Legends hasn't gotten its share of official balance changes), I figured I'd make a ranking system of my own. I'm not going to include the last tournament because the turnout was so low and it was themed. I'll only be doing rankings for the last tournament on 3/5. I'll refer to them as Ranked and Themed tournaments.

Ranked tournaments like 3/5 will include Legends that are deemed "Above Average" or below (see tier list in my signature) and will include a $100 prize pool. Themed tournaments like the Batman v. Superman tournament will be for fun and more flexible (in the future) and will only have a $50 prize pool, if any pool at all. Sometimes a twist to the matches depending on the situation. Last night's twist being, I saved 10 bucks. :)

Current rankings are based on if you landed in the Top 8 Teams in at least 1 Ranked Tournament. 1st = 8 points, 8th = 1 point. No participation = 0 points for that tournament. I will only include the top 16 players.

1. Clutchmeister – 8
    1. The Venganza – 8
    2. HONESTY – 7
    2. Hawthorn Michaelis – 7
    3. Meat – 6
    3. Merrax – 6
    4. Beastified – 5
    4. Green Catalyst – 5
    5. Brother Shaw – 4
    5. NotAgent Ahri – 4
    5. OP Hatred – 4
    5. Despise – 4
    6. Favorite – 2
    6. Motion – 2
    6. AMERICAN HERO – 2
    6. Similar – 2

These rankings will determine seeding for future ranked tournaments.
    Themed tournaments will be based on first come first serve, but those who sign up via Challonge.com will be bumped up over those who did not.

P.S. I'd like to retract what I said on my older tourney thread. High health legends aren't a problem, and a blanket statement like my previous one should pretty much be ignored. The nerf to weapons put a lot of Legends in a good spot, or at least half of them. Looking forward to the eventual balancing changes to not just Legends but all of PvP as well.