Legends PvP Is In Bad Shape

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You're the one that needs to get on board or get left behind. Legends can be adjusted on its own and should be.

The devs have a hard enough time trying to balance one area of the game let alone all across the board at once. Legends needs to be a separate entity when it comes to balancing and adjustments.
  3. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

That seems like something that should have been obvious from the get go. The two have nothing to do with each other. Not really. the biggest mistake was even offering normal player Pvp. That made balancing nearly impossible
    • Like x 1
  4. BƖack Dedicated Player

The best solution for Daybreak would be to set up a DCUO Classic Server on separated client. When open world pvp was a thing and also counters meant something with rock-paper-scissors. I personally used to like 2011 archangel & avatar bombardier era.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

OMG, you and the other dude are reading what you want to see, and not comprehending what's being explained. Here, I'll type it in caps.

WEAPONS ARE ALL TIED TOGETHER IN THIS GAME. THEY CAN NOT DO ADJUSTMENTS TO LEGENDS WEAPONS WITHOUT IT HAVING A DIRECT EFFECT ON PvE and arenas PvP.

The part your missing, or not understanding. No where did I say I wasn't on board or that I do not want them changed. I've wanted pvp fixed since the revamp happened. I'm sure you can find many, many threads on the subject. That was summer of the 2017. So you tell me, a year and a half later. The only fix that has been done was the block breakers for Batman and Robin. Those attacks do not exist outside or legends. So that weapon attack could be fixed.
  6. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

And THAT is the problem entirely. Legends and regular PvP and/or PvE should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Normal PvP should just be removed because of this exact issue. They can't seem to change for example John Stewarts rifile without effing up the normal game, or vice versa

The solution is simple

1) Remove Normal PvP entirely
    2) separate legends from PvE in the sense that weapons and powers that happen to be similar (rifles) don't touch each other.
    3) Focus entirely on Legends PvP, and Legends Alerts/Scenarios. This fits the game entirely by genre and sense of purpose. I.E, heros fighting villians, but it removes the nonsense of trying to balance powers in a way that shouldn't even need to be balanced.

Do these things, and release regular Legends content and it will sell like butter. BUT there also has to be balance in Alerts I.E Paradox so that a 4 man legends team functions in similar ways to a normal 4 man alert. I.E, Tanks, healers and DPS, or at least, they need to have powers/abilities similar to those roles.

Superman is an obvious tank. Bats an obvious DPS. Not sure who fits a healer role.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You don't get it. You need to quit with your BS and what you think you know. Yes they can do adjustments separately. DCUO could get just about any experienced game modder in there and fix these issues in no time without effecting any other part of the game. Just as they could get one of the devs to do the same thing. Its all just a matter of wanting to. Not can't.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think your just reiterating what I'm saying. They DON'T want to revamp weapons. They DON'T want to revamp PvP. What don't I get that you seem to know? So it's just that easy for a Modder to come into a company and "Fix" their product for them?

Dang Mepps, hire this guy. He must be connected. :)
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Read this and learn something instead of assuming you know anything.

https://www.pcgamer.com/battle-royale-modder-brendan-greene-on-his-official-h1z1-mode/
  10. RockingEvilZ Level 30

It seems like you clearly don't know what he's talking about, Elbow drop does exist after you use your Bane's SC but it doesn't show in action menu and its not 4-hit-1tap its actually 4-tap-hold. Even if the counter gets fixed and the 4th tap hold combo becomes block-able, I can name countless amount of PVP'ers who can still exploit it, they would just force you to block after their 4th tap, you either take the damage or get block breaked so yeah the damage should be nerfed, no legend character should hit up to 1500 damage or 1800 damage that's just complete madness, you can literally take away away 35% health just like this. I suggest you to study Bane more and even other legends characters as well before you comment anything on it.

lol what? I don't get it what do you do in PVE besides spamming powers anyway? Even if those weapons combo becomes block-able at the end of their 5th tap, would you explain me how it will effect PVE? You need to stop saying everything blatantly and give more details in what way it would have any impact on PVE.
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

He had made the issues clearer to the devs than any player talked about the issue before he did. Good for him and he deserves credit for that. That does not mean he is now Rose in Les Fées.

The rest is just "you're bad" without actually countering the points, so there's not much I can refute. Or just lumping me with your "enemies" and amuse yourselves with "ha villains". Here's a quote you can use:

----------
    I thought I just did another typo, which is wrong on my part, but you seem convinced 4-hit-1tap do exist in-game. I'd like to know how it's done.
    I'd like to invite you to re-read everything I wrote on this attack again if you're done cherry-picking what's wrong with me. Provide actual refutation to other points might be nice too.
    [IMG]
    tip: Those damage numbers are not regular.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Alright, I'll try once more.

All weapon combos from PvE and PvP are the same. If they mess with how a weapon performs on the PvE side, it will effect PvP. Same thing going the other way. If the were to fix the rifle combo that can not be blocked, it will change in the PvE side.

The devs have to be the ones maybe to better explain with they cant or wont, that's all speculation by all of us. What's not speculation is the statement they made, you can search the forums, that pvp will not get an update. Hence, these fixes will probably not happen.
  13. Trollstoned New Player

This is why we can't have nice things!

All it takes is nerfing tap damage, maintaining hold combos and power damage with a few balancing adjustments and fixes. Boom, you have a solid game.

Stop making things complicated by talking about useless things like orange barrels, never saw one being used effectively in 2 years.
    • Like x 1
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

I know myself and many others would enthusiastically subscribe to that.
    • Like x 2
  15. BƖack Dedicated Player

In my lastest post Mepps clearly said that it is difficult for them to change anything with current pvp on live server.

So they could make instead Classic Server. This is what most games are doing these days. I remember when Runescape got back to almost the best days it ever had in terms of player count when they released old school server and kept updating it. Every update is being polled and the playerbase decides which updates are good for the game. New content requiring vast majority's support to make it into the game. I'm not sure exactly how dead it was at the worst days but it was something like 5-30k concurrent players, while it has been near 150k just for the old school version lately during peak hours. They still keep updating a modern version of the game, but it still only has some 15-30k concurrent players. While it never was exactly dead, it lost at least 90% of its players within a few years due to bad content decisions and introduction of p2w systems.

@Mepps It would not require too much effort to just copy and paste the exact patches on separated client in which the fos1,fos2, fos3 were the end game and avatar bombardier was the best pvp set back then we were enjoying pvp and we could really feel like heroes and villains because that's what it is all about. PVP was core of this game. What's the game about heroes and villains if there is no serious pvp?

@Soul If classic server would appear a real classic from launch also it will be permanent i believe that numerous players will come back and start playing on that server. For server like this even i'm ready to pay monthly membership iksdee. DCUO back then was absolutely worth it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

I will put it frank. I think the only answer is a classic server.
  17. BƖack Dedicated Player

It is awesome idea just saying while they really can't do anything serious with current pvp since like 4 years now? They could reset and start everything from the scratch by making classic server. Runescape made it and it was very successful, WoW made it, now TERA too and the servers are overflowing with people. Just saying i myself play now TERA Classic there is like 10 channels already and they all are everywhere on high.. full of people. Today there was maintanance they have to make more additional channels because there is so many people that 10 channels ain't enough.
    • Like x 1
  18. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

a classic DCUO server? interesting....yes very interesting.....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

I have already made the post here: Classic Server for DCUO (Community Support Needed and also Daybreak Feedback Please!)

On other games it was possible because such ideas received much support from the people.
    Unfortunately on DCUO i'm not seeing much support so without it, it is impossible. But the idea itself is good, it worked on other games and for sure it would work on DCUO also.
    • Like x 1
  20. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Good highlighting of information to the devs. Some points that should be added:
    - Joker Clown Box currently does not regenerate power.
    - Joker Clown Box glitch still exists, even though it takes a bit of luck in having the enemy destroy the Clown Box early. Doing that gives Joker a shield preventing incoming damage after exiting the Clown Box.
    - If I remember correctly, the unblockable Rifle 5-tap combo was introduced after the 3-tap rule was changed. Originally, it was supposed to become 5-taps before you got countered (unless I am remembering it wrongly?). But the end result was that it introduced repetitive tap combos, with no hold melees. Eg:
    -> In Arenas, people who like 1-H for the quick lunges can simply opt to not unlock the 5-tap combo. This allows them to tap continously, without risk of countering.
    -> This cannot be done in Legends for characters using 1-H. They instead have to 4 melee taps then 1 range tap and then melee taps again.
    -> Brawling is best used for Arenas and Legends as you can just continuously tap without risk of being countered.
    - There is no need for a history lesson on why the 3-tap rule was changed. Just re-instate the 3-tap rule (both melee and range taps).
    - I do want a change that the taps after a hold combo do not get punished. Eg Brawling:
    - Tap-Hold into Double Fist
    - then Tap-Hold into Launching Uppercut
    - then Tap-Hold into Haymaker.
    I would like the Holds to continue to be punished and counterable but that one tap after each hold not be counted as a Hold as well.
    - Not sure, but I do think the Block Roll glitch still exists.
    - Cancelling lunge interrupts with a non-offensive power to lunge and interrupt people without the lunge being punishable by block still exists, afaik.
    - I still think the Batcave 2v2 map is the laggiest Pvp map. Should be looked at.

- Just reduce the damage. However, Amon Sur /Sinestro claw was always spammable since the beginning, no? You could Claw, 2-tap and clip the 2nd tap with Claw, then 2 tap and clip the 2nd tap with Claw, then 2 tap etc. As long as you avoided the 3rd tap, you were safe.
    - As for John Stewart/Kyle Rayner, you could also use Baseball Bat and clip with it continuously, as long as you avoided the tap combos after Baseball Bat.
    - There are other legends characters with Construct Combos eg Hal Jordan.

Actually, one of the Healing Barrels in Batcave 2v2 is regenerating Supercharge. Its the one on the lower level. I am guessing when they changed that Healing Barrels no longer regenerated Supercharge in PvE, it bugged out in Pvp.
    As for Catwoman, her 3-tap hold combo was changed. Could this be changed back to the original? I hate the current one. Cheetah is the same thing, I presume.

Trinkets or soda not being shown is one of the stupidest bugs ever.
    I am personally in favor of counter-immunity returning. I always like taking on 1v2. Sometimes, I would even dive into a 1v3, just to see how long I can drag it out on the node, so that someone on my team has more time to respawn and then return to challenge for that node.
    However, I would like to change the flashing blue counter-immunity to an icon, signalling counter-immunity. Same for that brief CC immunity upon breakout. Change it from flashing white to an icon, signalling cc immunity. Sometimes, its a bit hard to see the flashing colors clearly.
    • Like x 1