Legends PvE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Eve YouTuber

So I'm thinking in the current version of Legends PvE, just buffing damage is not enough,
    in my eyes - it will still be pretty much boring. We also don't get any new legends,
    so the same legends gets folks burned out easily. And just begin dps is also another
    thing that gets boring over time.

My suggestion is:
    - Make roles available. For example, Superman should be a tank. Batman a controller, gives power to the team,
    Zatanna (if possible to add) heals the team. It will be a new interesting tactic for Legends PvE and PvP as well.
    And More legends - the more easier we can complete feats like "Play x amount off times as
    Green Arrow Characters" - with literally Black Canary.

Just wanted to throw my two cents on it here, what I think will make it fun again, and worth playing again.
    I don't even touch it myself anymore, due to it begin repetitive, takes too long and boring. I would if they added
    mechanics like this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't think the devs will want to do something that takes too much time and resources.
    And yeah, adding new mechanics could make the LPVE funnier, but for how long? days? weeks?, it will become boring again after some time if they don't keep adding new instances.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I'd just like to see more new legends characters and skins added, surely the revamp npc versions could be added as skins.

Also are you skyrinn?
  4. Eve YouTuber

yep, and I would like that too. I wonder what holds them back from adding them.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, it will have to be something they maintain for the long run, but i guess It will be too much to ask.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Resources is my guess.
    • Like x 1
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think it would take some profit to make changes worth it. One idea is the H-Dial trinket / artifact I proposed awhile back; but it would need to be something to encourage replays and marketplace purchases to get new legends added and new team-up feats put in LPVE to give it life back.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ial-h-for-hero-the-hero-dial-artifact.300750/

Still don’t understand why no Reverse Flash legend. It would have to be pretty easy to do (just a color swap of Flash essentially).
    • Like x 1
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I highly doubt they'll do something like this. But with that said, I'm down for this idea.

The main reason I don't play LPVE as it is because due to the sheer DPS centric slug fest that it is. Sure, support roles will still result in a slug fest, but it'd be something with variety in it.

+1
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It's the work-to-benefit ratio as well. We like to think there isn't a lot of work behind it when in reality I believe there is... except that it's not all work to be done by the developers. It's also part of DBG's legal team to secure the ability to include said characters in the game and that they are designed to the appropriate specs. The overall return for the amount of work that needs to be done is low, so from a business perspective it's a poor expenditure of resources, so unless there's something that's actually broken I expect little to no work to be done in LPVE. Would I like to see more stuff done? Sure. Some of the categories (Legends of Speed, Legends of the Arrow, Legends of Arcane) have a very limited number of characters that accomplish those missions... Flash; Green Arrow and Deathstroke; and Shazam, Black Adam, Dr. Fate, and Felix Faust. A faster way to "fix" these things might be to make some of the characters cover multiple groups, if you're not going to add additional characters.