Legends PVE - Gear damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mr Furious, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

My gear is not being used, why should it take damage? I don't take gear damage for dying in Legends PvP.
  2. TroEL Dedicated Player

For whatever reason, this has been the case for all the legendary PvE content released so far. If it will ever change is a mystery. Just take off your gear prior to queuing
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

" all the legendary PvE content released so far." Though technically true, isn't this is the first Legends PVE content ever?

Thanks for the tip anyway. :)
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Pretty sure you do have a repair bill after playing Legends PvP, too.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Not for dying
  6. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

I think you do have to repair after a while of running Legends PvP, never understood why but I never questioned either.
    • Like x 1
  7. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Actually you do take damage in Legends PvP too when you die but it takes numerous deaths for it to really effect it same as regular PvP gear in arenas. And no it's not the first Legends PvE content, Bizzaro, Huntress, Circe, Wonder Woman solo instances are Legends PvE.
    • Like x 7
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

lol, then for what? You died without getting hit?
  9. Alekimsior New Player

Yea. Noticed that, too. After running PvE, all my armor was busted. Was testing the fighting moves when you are like that, and I think devs should expand your range of moves when unequipped, to include stomps and kicks. Anyway, it does look like running PvE I'll acquire a hefty repair bill Unequipping gear isn't an option, my bank and inv are usually stuffed XD
  10. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

You obviously don't know how gear damage works.

Normally gear takes little bits of damage from being hit. It takes a much larger amount of damage from dying. The dying damage is turned off in Legends PVP.
  11. ChuckLess New Player

It's funny how many people don't know about this.

Maybe now they will actually think about fixing this issue.
    • Like x 2
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Oh, okay, so you're not saying with your OP that there should be no repair bill (sure sounded that way), you're saying the repair bill should be smaller than it is?

If that's the case, there's no repair bot in Legends PvP or the Iconic Anomalies, but there is in the new Legends PvE. It must somehow account for the difference.

Someone was saying in one instance, that their gear was "broken" (you'll see an icon that looks like a dreidel with a zigzag on it below your minimap: blue, yellow, then red, depending on how damaged you are), and that their health was going down faster. I took it with a grain of salt; for all I know they were full of it. I just pay my bill every time I'm at the bot and don't look at the cost.

Still trying to shrug off the "you obviously don't know" ...
    • Like x 1
  13. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Your misinformed, the first part you have right "little bits of damage from being hit" the second part is semi-right "it takes a much larger amount of damage from dying" this is true in PvE content but not PvP content regardless if it's legends or arenas, your gear takes damage for dying but it's a very small amount in PvP. I can't speak for how long the others have played I don't know them but in the almost 4 years I've been playing legends PvP it has always damaged gear from attacks and DEATHS, yes both, just in smaller incremental amounts compared to PvE.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Did you know? I said you don't from dying and you tried to dispute it. Sorry if it offended you but it sound like you didn't understand.

It really doesn't make sense for your gear to be damaged in any legends content since you are not playing your character and not supposed to be using your gear. If your gear is having an effect it's a bug since one of the points of legends is to remove gear from the equation.

I don't mind the hit damage. Dying damage adds up pretty quick when people are wiping on new content. Though the instance is from a DLC, Legends PvE is available to everyone so the content is new to many people who may not have the DLC or are not subscribing. I don't mind wiping with people who are learning, at least not as far a time is concerned, but the repair bill gets to be restrictive.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

TIL a large portion of the community has never touched Legends before
    • Like x 1
  16. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

I believe the damage you are seeing at death in PVP is from the hit(s) that killed you. Either way, it doesn't make sense to take gear damage in Legends content.
  17. TroEL Dedicated Player

Nope there were legendary solos as part of the Amazon Fury DLC :D
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I assumed it was true that you had to pay a larger repair for dying ... if for no other reason that it takes more hits to kill you than just to damage you. It sounds like you're saying that a KO is a separate cost in PvE, but not in Legends PvP: no, I don't know if this is true or false. I know with the loss-farmers I would kill them over and over at the spawn and /say If you're going to waste my time and not PvP, I'm going to increase your repair bill.

On another note ... I always had a sneaking suspicion that getting rallied decreased your repair bill in PvE, but never bothered to find out if it was true. It seems to be that when I get "rallied at the gate" after a wipe that I can go another round more than everyone else before I have to repair ... but that might be more of a testimony to the fact that I was the last one standing than anything else.
  19. ChuckLess New Player

Don't forget the ones well before with the OC DLC ;)
  20. Senshirou Committed Player

Because this is a pressing matter.....