Legends PvE Feedback

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Enquirer, Nov 7, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I posted this exact same thread over in testing feedback, however I'm posting it again here to let those who don't have access to test or simply haven't been able to test things out yet ask questions.

Teamwork

After first impressions, I'm going to go ahead and say proper kiting and understanding aggro is the most important thing for a player to know how to survive and beat content. Having a microphone, or possibly having ESP is pretty much necessary to react quickly to the aggro changes. It's also important for everyone to realize when someone should fall back to regenerate their health or wait for a soder to come off of cool down.

You're also really going to want to learn how to use the environment to your advantage to prevent as much damage as possible.

I eventually ran into Rokyn and we both had our mics going and we had way more success dealing with this, though we could never seem to get past the second boss fight. So good job on actually making difficult content. As this is completely optional, please, please leave it where it is at. It's nice to have an honest, chaotic challenge in PvE that I haven't had since the FOS2 days.

Advantageous Characters

There are certain characters that have notable advantages here and, I suspect, will most likely have them throughout the course of the entire game mode. More may be added to the following list as well. When reading this keep in mind it's not that other characters aren't worth using, but that there is simply a character that excels further into one area than others.
    • Doctor Fate
      • He has his buffs and debuffs
    • Wonder Woman
      • You can kite extremely easily with her shield which makes her an excellent choice for survivability
      • Her melee finisher is absolutely outstanding
    • Batman
      • He can give power back to the group
    • Cheetah
      • Her finisher, if you land it, will restore very good portions of your health
      • Super Speed is still the best movement mode for kiting
    • Donna Troy
      • Her self healing ability is a Godsend
      • Factor that in with her shield which is helpful for pick ups
    • Bizarro
      • I'll need to really do a comparison, but he seems likely to have the best survivability out of all the legends due to his hefty 75% damage mitigation
    • Two Face
      • For reasons similar to Bizarro, his Harvey Domination Bullet storm provides excellent damage mitigation
    • Circe
      • I'll need to wait until this hits live, but I do believe her Mirror image power is going to be an aggro drop. Which is going to be all kinds of helpful for a ton of reasons.
    • Bane
      • We seemed to be able to very effectively use his Super Charge to increase damage output as well as give him a brief reprieve from incoming damage
    • Any character with a shielding power
      • These characters are the safest ways to pick someone up
    • Any character with ranged weapons
      • The NPC's will still hit you for well over 1000 damage if you get close to them, which can take up to a fifth of certain characters health away in one hit
      • They'll also have faster, safer power regeneration
    With the exception of Two Face and Wonder Woman, none of these characters are over powered in PvP. They simply have tools that make them useful in certain areas that differentiate them from other legends. Take note of that and apply those lessons to other legends to make them both more interesting to use and more balanced!

Issues

I've yet to confirm this, but one issue I have with this is that there is no CR requirement. Based on what Brother Omni was telling me, it sounds like this will be available to everyone as soon as they get their first legend. This is going to make pugging an absolute nightmare. Make people wait until at least level 30 to enter this. The seasonals are already bad enough.
    I'll need to pay closer attention to this, but you can't seem to be able to perform crowd control effects, which in turn makes some characters pretty useless, such as Nightwing for example, as his encasement power could be helpful in stopping and possible tossing NPC's away from the fight entirely giving the group more of a chance to survive.

Parting Thoughts

It's extremely difficult and rewarding content. Some characters are going to be used more than others, and that's alright, just look to find ways to make other characters more useful without causing imbalances in Legends PvP.
    Overall, very nice job on this.
    • Like x 7
  2. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

What does kite or kiting mean?
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

To avoid damage by moving. Rolling, lunging and jumping while using super speed to maneuver are all examples of kiting.
    • Like x 2
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Sound advice, I wish I had seen this sooner so I could try it out. Oh well, there's always the morning. :)
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Literally just posted this :p If you've got a mic Rokyn and I would love to have you :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Part of me was hoping that we could choose from a list/rotation of alerts. But this will do. I'm just putting this thought out there.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It seems like it is going to work like survival mode, rotating from map to map.
    • Like x 1
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

ONE. MORE. PERSON. USPC SERVER. LEGENDS PVE. For some reason, the last one is always the hardest to find.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Amazingly I didn't have much trouble getting people. Getting people who understood why certain legends are favored or even good, that was another issue entirely :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I wanted to use TF, only to end up using Cheetah. Here goes nothing...
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Take advantage of her finisher. You need to be sort of close up for it to work (didn't really check the max distance of it yet) but you don't need to KO someone with it to get the heal. Either get the KO or be channeling it while the add goes down and you will get a heal.

Once you can, use SS to kite all over the place.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

According to today's webcast, it'll be even sooner than that. There will be a rotation of 'try-out' characters for the events so that people who don't have certain Legends will be able to try them before they buy them. Characters fresh off Brainiac's ship will have access to such 'try-out' characters, thus these players will be able to try the event at Level 3.

Yeah, I can totally see some pickup groups crashing and burning. :confused:

My only other thought after watching the webcast was that perhaps the devs might consider tweaking the health of the enemies down by a smidge. I want to run this content often, but it's daunting to know that even if you're going in with an experienced team (as with the devs in the video), it could still take 40ish minutes. I'd hate for this fun new addition to our game to be ignored by some of the playerbase just because it takes too much time.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

You just get marks of legends so to me it doesn't seem that rewarding yea there may be feats for running it up to 1000 time but I'm not going to waste my time I'll just break down and finally do the races if I feel I need sp that bad.
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly, I really can't see pugs beating this easily at all. If you're not talking to each other and sticking together its sort of like running FOS2 blind folded.

I could see them lowering the health a tiny bit just due to the length. Maybe not of adds, but perhaps some of the bosses as they'll get more and more repetitive. Curious if they can do that without killing the regular PvE missions.

It's made for fun primarily. Not to give people the satisfaction of seeing slightly higher numbers pop off of someone's head because they got a new piece of gear.
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yeah they should really put a lvl cap on this. Let people lvl up before they worry about other things.

So the first try was a bust. We're doing it again, with new characters. TF, Batman, Fate, and WG
    • Like x 1
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Lemme know how that goes! It takes a while to get into it.
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well we're at the attorneys. They're on steroids!
    • Like x 1
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's where we got stuck. Try to lure adds around the corners to avoid being hurt by the bosses. Then go after them when the time frees up.

Also watch out for witnesses. Those guys gave us the most problems.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure the NPC's CRs are set to high, There is no way they want us to beat something this hard 1000 times with it taking up to and maybe over 60mins counting wipes to complete.

I was on test and give up after killing one of the attorneys only to have the other one main basic attack hit for 1500-2000 when blocking or a shield up. That was a big bucket of nope for me, I'll wait till they tone it down.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea. You can't melee anyone if you have aggro. That's why having a mic to let people quickly switch in and out is important :p