Legendary No More :(

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bagofboom, Feb 7, 2016.

1. bagofboom Committed Player

Ok, my Legendary Sub ran out today, I knew it was coming up but I'm a bit thin in the wallet till payday so I have a few questions I'd like answered if anyone is willing.
    #1 - Am I able to pay for a 1 month sub and just be exactly as I was as of 2pm today?
    If so can I pay for my year sub later during my 1 month and it will just pick right up after the 1 month is done?
    #2 - If I try to log on tomorrow will I lose all my toons except for my original 2 I had as F2P? Or how does that work?
    #3 - If I just wait to play until I get my year sub should I go to the PlayStation Store and buy the sub before I log into DCUO so I don't risk losing anything?

This is the 1st time I've had to deal with my sub being up and not having the funds in my wallet for it to just auto-pay. I'm getting all fidgety worrying about this. I (like many of us) have put gobs of cash into this game so I'd rather ask a bunch of dumb questions than to log in and screw something up.
    Please help!!
    And hold it down for me til I can get back in there with you!! :)

Long Live DCUO!!
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U will b asked to choose what toons u want to keep,
    If u pay for 1 month at a time nothing changes
  3. bagofboom Committed Player

Ok, so if logging in prior to re-subbing they will essentially say "keep the 2 you want, delete the rest" right? So I HAVE to delete them? I can't just NOT USE THEM?
    If I DO choose to delete (I more than likely won't as I have more than 2 toons @ end game cr), is there any way to get them back once I get my sub or are they gone forever?
    So best bet is to either suck it up and get a 1 month until I can afford my year or just don't log in at all so I don't risk losing anything I don't want to lose. Yes?

Long Live DCUO!!
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U can recover them later after a resub, I believe it's 10$ apiece,
    So , wait n don't log in until u have the $ , buy the legendary off line at ps store , log in everything is the same ,
    Or log In as f2p temp delete toons n pay through the nose to get them back
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't know they deleted your excess characters, thought you simply couldn't use them

But, unless you can't wait and want to risk it, /sigh\ have to agree with Dellboy and suggest waiting until you have the money (don't know if paying for one month now and Yearly later will shift your yearly renewal date as have had a monthly auto-payment All Access plan since 2005, but don't believe there is any difference in if you pay for one month or a year regarding Legendary Status )
    • Like x 1
  6. bagofboom Committed Player

Lol. Good answer!! I'll just wait. Thanks for the help and for taking the time.
    (I consider this matter closed to anyone else who may stumble upon this thread unless there is anything else of value that I can learn but honestly Montazuma hooked me up just fine.)
    :)

Long Live DCUO!!
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

All answers for PSN, I don't know how PC works in payment ;)
    #1 yes, but the single month will of course be more expansive than the 12 months in the package. You need to buy the 1 month subscription, cancel the recurring payment, go to the PSN store later again and buy the 12 month subscription. Check the recurring payment: it should say next renewal in 12.5 months (or how much of the single month you paid for is actually left whenever you add the 12 months)

#2 you will be asked to disable all toons above your actual character slots. Note: you were subscribed, so dropping out of subscription converts your legendary account into a premium account, granting you 6 slots plus any character slots you might have bought while being subscribed (that is any slot above 16 AFAIR). You will also be able to trade with other players and have more inventory slots than you had as a F2P player, that goes for both toon inventory and bank slots. Any additional slots in inventory/bank will also be available. If you have any characters over 6+bought slots, you will be asked to disable some of them till the active characters are at 6+bought slots. Once you go legendary again, all your characters will be activated again.

#3 Yes. Not because you could loose anything, but because subscribing from within the game is buggy and will usually leave players with "half" of their legendary status restored until logging out and back in (like, character slots available but unable to open prom boxes etc.)

No need to delete any toons, really. And no need to pay for them again if you disable them. Once you go legendary, they get reactivated. If you decide to stay premium for a longer time and you buy another character slot during that, you will however be prompted to re-activate one of the deactivated toons and you will not be allowed to create a new character as long as you have deactivated toons on that account. DO NOT DELETE ANY TOONS just because your subscription runs out.

Free advise/#4:
    You may want to try premium and see if you can get things done on lower toons. You will not be able to access endgame unless you buy the new episodes (which would be silly as you are planning to re-subscribe). You may however have a toon that needs to go to level 30 or T4. You can do that on "unpaid time" between subscription. You have access to T1 duos, some T3 duos, T4 duos, T1-T3 solo content, most of the T1-T4 alerts and all the Batcave and FOS raids to get your toon up (and of course Khandaq). Maybe you find a toon to get up in the time you need until a new yearly subscription is within your reach, allowing you to work on one/some of your toons in between anyway.
    • Like x 3
  9. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad guy says just pay the yearly subscription and worry about nothing else. Take it from the People, its more than worth it.
  10. bagofboom Committed Player

Update to anyone who cares:
    My birthday was today (February 9th) and my wife surprised me with 1 month of Legendary and 700 RB's (apologies to those of you that disapprove of RB's and believe they are the bane of DCUO) until I get $ in my virtual wallet to pay for my year sub again!

All is well in bagofboom land once more!! :)

Thanks to everyone who helped in this thread.

AND A MASSIVE THANKS TO MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE FOR HOOKING AN UNDESERVING GUY LIKE ME UP WITH AN AWESOME 40TH B-DAY GIFT!! LOVE YA BABY, MADLY!!

Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Congrats, and happy birthday ,
    I love RBs , not just to reset stuff, but when making a new toon
    Load up on sp , get my weapon to max power :)
    • Like x 1