Leaver in raid penalty

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by iQQu, Nov 3, 2021.

1. iQQu New Player

Deserter for like 45 secs or 1 min is not enough. This should be Incremental depends on how often a player leaves a raid.
    • Like x 3
  2. Skille Well-Known Player

Seems a bit much. Why force someone to be somewhere they clearly don't want to be?
    • Like x 7
  3. CorvusCrowley New Player

Why queue up in the first place?
    • Like x 3
  4. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Facts.

People should be more mindful when they queue up. Even if it's to PUG, don't go in there with the intentions you'll leave after one wipe. Come ready with a back up role and whatever it takes to help the group. I don't mind carrying people, but it waste time when someone leaves group and we have to fill a spot, which most of the time I don't care. I can 5-7 man a raid, better than having someone who doesn't even want to be there.

Here's the thing about leaving the group:

If one person leaves
    the next follows, then the next.

Penalty is barely a slap on the wrist. They can q up and the same thing later.
    I've seen people intentionally trying to sabotage groups too.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

+1
    Long time ago when vote kick was around 1min, people abused that option that hard as they can and devs increased vote kick penalty to 3h... 3 f***ing hours! So... Now people abuse leaving and canceling instances... Maybe it's time to do someting with this?! 1min penalty is clearly not enough.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

It’s never gonna be cut and dry.
    If you’re gonna change it, be sure to add some kind of fail safe for people who have already sat in the raid for x amount of time. If I put in an hour for a fail pug, then get slapped with a 15m deserter I’m gonna be pisssssssed lol
    • Like x 1
  7. VariableFire Loyal Player

It doesn't help that the first to leave are likely DPS who probably caused the group to wipe in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  8. Annamaniac Level 30

I personally feel that the Devs should knock down the penalty for kicking a person from 3hrs to 30 minutes because most of the time we get stuck in a raid for longer than that if we're going for a feat and someone isn't listening or continues to make the same mistakes. Plus why does everyone that votes on the kick get penalized and not just the person who started the kick? It locks everyone in the group at that point and then if you get another bad person not pulling their weight or sabotaging the group then you can't kick them. It's rediculous & it does happen. A 3 hr lock is excessive for kicking out a person but if I see that a group isn't working and they won't excuse me then I'll walk but keep in mind that the excuse button hasn't been working right either for awhile, meaning sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. So if I've been in there for an hour or thirty minutes and it's not happening and I ask to be excused and they don't excuse me I walk because I gave them the chance to let me go.
    Plus sometimes You just need to go and can't stay but aren't logging off but must take care of something that's happening in your home with your family so is it fair to make your group wait on you? No just ask them to excuse you. They don't need to know why they just need to let you go. Most people don't want to let you go so they vote against it but the truth is, is that we have no idea what might be going on in that other persons home at the time. So we need to let them go & most people will just leave instead.

Further more the ENABLE ROLE OPTIONAL BUTTON ISN'T WORKING RIGHT EITHER. If it's off you're supposed to be placed into a group with all the roles am I correct with that?
    If it's ENABLED OR pushed ON then you're supposed to be placed into a group that it doesn't matter what the roles are, isn't that correct?
    Because That's CLEARLY NOT HAPPENING AT ALL!!!! NO MATER WHICH WAY I HAVE IT PUSHED! LOL! IT'S BROKEN! Just one more thing on a larger scale of things that is broken since before the UPDATE 118.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Role Optional isn't always intended to work with event content and the Normal/Elite Save the Universe content is event content.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'd say increase the Deserter penalty to 15 min to half an hour and decrease the Kick penalty to half an hour. It would seriously improve PUGing in my honest opinion.
    • Like x 1
  11. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I would be for a deserter penalty increase if it only affected a player from entering that particular content. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the deserter penalty as of right now blocks you from entering any other content until the time is up.

One issue with Increasing the deserter penalty is that it would hurt players that have crashed. They already explored the "kick or wait for a player to return" thing, and it didn't work out very well.
    • Like x 1
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I mean tonight I joined TD elite, role optional set to OFF, and it was just 4 DPS. So, I left, waited my 60 secs and re-queued, then did the alert with a proper group. Valid reasons do arise.
    • Like x 2
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You, or anyone else is entitled to someone’s time, if they want to leave for whatever reason then they should have the option to, without being scolded by some upside penalty. Also, there’s too many variables that lead to one leaving an instance so increasing deserter just wouldn’t be fair in the end
    • Like x 2
  14. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Honestly its because so many new players just flat out suck and have no clue on the mechanics in the game. And some groups you just cant explain it to them. So now when I get in a fail group, I dont piss and moan i just say thanks and bail. and find a better group. Sad but its all this Jump to XXX cr messing everything up. its the is the real villain here, the new players have no clue and no SPs and are sent to the end game to be cannon fodder. like yesterday we ran a pug group in clock tower and both healers that came into the group only had DPS gear. They should make a rule if you dont have the gear you cant choose that role
  15. MiLady Well-Known Player

Leaving a duo/alert/raid once is ok. But if you are jumping around, then the penalty should be increased.
    Use the same mechanic when resetting your skill points. If you reset it once, it costs $500. If you reset it again that day, it increases to $750, and so on. Instead of increasing $, increase the time penalty for jumping around.
    • Like x 1