Not A Bug Learneas amulet exsploit

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bladechaos, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Metal class is useing improved stealth and sheilds to negate all damage to them from the artifact permanently......it's the only class that needs no healer doesn't need to transfer the damage nor cast a finisher move .....so they retain 10 stacks on the artifact and gain the damage buff increase. Without any repercusion.....dcuo has stated it is a risk versus reward artifact......but if 1 class can reap all reward at zero risk.....is it really? The artifact or the class needs changes so that it is fair to the rest of us ...I have opened tickets provided videos and pictures....now guy need some up votes so the world can get an understanding we are being exsploited.... The artifact reads u must cast a finisher to refresh stacks and heal the damage u caused yourself....but as a mental if I just clip spam invisibility I receive no damage at all! Even after my stealth wears off.....then clip jump spam invisible .....rinse repeat.....where's the risk? Mean while long as I don't cast a finisher I get the damage buff......this exsploit is used in pve open world pvp duels.....anywhere arts can be triggered....the artifact should do as it reads no more no less .....
  2. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Guess the risk is just for the rest of us...weird cause the artifact is quoted as risk vs reward......meaning for all but apparently the mental class doesn't count
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, after your earlier thread complaining about this, followed by your endless sneering at any possible dispute of your claim and immediate dismissal of any satisfactory resolution short of (further) destroying the Mental mechanic: Invisibility specifically, I actually levelled up a Lern's Amulet to 120 so I could test it and see what happens for myself.

It's not producing the full late-stage damage, but the primary mechanic in question - how it deals damage to your character and what immunity exists as a result of resistance garnered from a combination of Shields, Soders, the Improved Stealth Mod and Invisibility combo?

All that still works exactly the same. You still take damage *exactly* the same way.

And so far.... when I clip Invisibility at the end of a Lernaea's spree, without using Terrorize as a reset for the Amulet's stacks, I, uhm... die, to be blunt. Every. Single. Time. There's no other alternative outcome.

Either you use Terrorize, you've got a OBMF healer, or you die. You can delay it, you cannot prevent it. Period.

That's with Improved Stealth equipped, that's jump cancelling out of the prior hit - usually Mass Terror - then using Invisibility, or just clipping Invisibility at the end of Mass Terror, then going into an Invisibility attack cycle using Sleep Blast. I also tried this build with 285 SP in Health as a buffer. And using Dampening Field as a buffer. And using a Rank 8 Bottled City Soder as a buffer. And Shields as a buffer.

Using Ambush: Sleep is briefly spammable, giving it the illusion of cancelability (especially if you jump cancel to shorten the cycle time of Sleep and don't know how Sleep or Invisibility actually work - it's completely impossible to spam Invisibility, period, 12 second fixed cooldown) but only for about 3-4 hits, tops, using the Improved Stealth Mod alone.

As soon as the 2.5 second damage immunity cycle from the Improved Stealth Mod in Invisibility abates, you instantly start taking damage again, and because the stacks are higher now, so is that damage. There are numerous ways to delay the outcome of death (which I have outlined above and below) but Improved Stealth doesn't keep you from dying, it just delays it for 2.5 seconds if you specifically spam Sleep after using it.

You can buy an extra few seconds if you included a Shield in the Invisibility Loadout, but that's about it, and no Shield is both going to cover the amount of damage you will take from Lern's in the meantime and consistently be ready for use when you get back to the end of the 12 second Invisibility cooldown.

Even using multiple Shields, by the time you have 10 stacks you're taking 50,000+ damage every time you use an Ability; Telekinetic Shield cannot be placed in the Invisibility Loadout, Reflect Pain will not absorb that much damage and instantly kicks you out of Invisibility, and Hard Light Shield has a 30 second cooldown (though it will extend the cycle of Sleep usage by another 4-5 hits). Personal Dampening Field will do that too, but with a 45 second cooldown, again, not a permanent solution without a healer involved.

You can basically extend the Invisibility damage cycle using Sleep and a combination of the above allowing you to reach the cooldown of Invisibility using that method *once*, unfortunately you die almost instantly after reapplying Invisibility afterwards since none of the damage mitigation methods in question are off cooldown and you're now doing 50,000+ damage to yourself every time you use an Ability.

Of everything listed above? This is most likely what you're seeing; even this doesn't make you death-proof, and although it would stomp in certain PVP applications the long-term PVE functionality is still quite limited based on the aforementioned factors. Mostly the fact that Sleep is a very crappy attack to rely on for output, and all "good" Mental Damage Abilities (including Pain Blast) aren't useable more than once while Invisibile.

You could use it to extend the damage cycle for a few hits without having to reset it with Terrorize, yes. You always eventually run out of steam, and "eventually" is a polite word for "a maximum of 12 seconds from Now when you literally explode into chunks because you can't mitigate the incoming damage any more".

In summary: what you're claiming is happening isn't happening like you say it is.

You're exaggerating.

Here's the other side of that coin.

If Mental can do this, Gadgets can DEFINITELY do this using the exact mechanism defined above, except Gadgets has things like "a spammable 0.5s cooldown 100 cost Ability that crits for 80K @ 327 CR" to assist with that damage output.

This also means that Rage can most likely do this (Rage Crash mechanics), and I would assume based on how Shield-heavy Water is, they probably can in some form of it as well.

Also pretty sure you could have discovered most of this by going to the Might FAQ and reading up on Lern's Amulet rotations.

And finally, I can actually see why people like this thing now; maybe you should play around with it a bit more to get a better idea as to what's possible. All that said?

It's tricky, it's nasty, it's kind of impressive, but it's not a bug.
    • Like x 4
  4. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

I have video proof but please continue
  5. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

The artifact is a risk versus reward artifact if 1 class can remove all risk and yeilds nothing but reward it is broken with that class ....your hypothesis on maybe rage can do this too...and the fact u are not performing the glitch in your experience doesn't make my post in true.....lack of evidence is not evidence there of...it's simple a fix needs to be done to the mental class or the artifact so that the game can balance back out if there is no counter for this exsploit the game is unbalanced and soon the only class you'll see is mental useing learneas amulet jump clip invisible spam and the game will die from lack of options
  6. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

I actually levelled up a Lern's Amulet to 120 so I could test it and see what happens for myself. .........your quote.....actually most bugs happen at higher levels than 120 ....cough solar amplifier....cough....only bugged at 200 ...cough
  7. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

And finally, I can actually see why people like this thing now; maybe you should play around with it a bit more to get a better idea as to what's possible. All that said?......another quote.....so I did teach you something you didn't know.......wonder what else u don't know
  8. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

You're exaggerating.........yet another quote from you.....if I'm exsagerating then point 1. Your not doing the exsploit correct due to insufficient knowage or gear sp mods ect are lacking.....or you admitting there is a truth to my words and I am boistering and stretching that truth......this is the definition of exsagerating.........so your admitting there is and exsploitible way for the mental class to remove risk for a duration that no other class can do.....(unbalance)
  9. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

This also means that Rage can most likely do this (Rage Crash mechanics), and I would assume based on how Shield-heavy Water is, they probably can in some form of it as we........yet another quote from you........seems you used the word assume.....that means your useing guesses and speculation to advert the thread......not interested in assumtions....BTW you'll never see a rage with learneas amulet......every video or guide suggest u don't use it .....to rage it's a suicide artifact
  10. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

If Mental can do this, Gadgets can DEFINITELY do this.....another quote from you....how would you know?...... assuming again?
  11. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Sleep is briefly spammable, giving it the illusion of cancelability (especially if you jump cancel to shorten the cycle time of invisibility.......yet another quote from you......jump cancel to shorten the cycle......sounds like a bug....since the duration shouldn't be able to be shortened by jump cliping...ty for that
  12. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

And so far.... when I clip Invisibility at the end of a Lernaea's spree, ......another quote from you.....so you can clip it......that's a bug......cliping to gain an extra advantage is a bug and so far by your own words you can exsploit it
  13. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

You could use it to extend the damage cycle for a few hits without having to reset it with Terrorize, yes........yet another quote from your post above....further proof regarding and exsploitible glitch.....these are your words
  14. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

You can basically extend the Invisibility damage cycle using Sleep and a combination of the above allowing you to reach the cooldown of Invisibility using that method *once*,....another quote......this one is my favorite.....you have only been able to do it once but others maybe able to do it multiple times ...who is to say...however being able to preform the above action is yet another exsploitible bug as in it was not meant to preform in this said action ty for that
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You're exaggerating, i.e. you are overstating what is actually occurring in the circumstances; in this case, you are engaging in a
    deliberate misrepresentation of the actual factors at play.

You're already walking your own rhetoric back from "completely immune to damage" to "removing risk for an extended duration" because it really wasn't all that hard to prove that there was no complete immunity to the damage taken. Not to mention that your own description of the method by which it was occurring was directly flawed from the start, since it involved the occurrence of a mechanical fault in Invisibility that DOES NOT OCCUR, specifically that it is "spammable", even though it has a 12 second fixed cooldown and cannot be spammed.

And as stated, Gadgets can DEFINITELY do the exact same thing. The only factor allowing Mental to do it using Invisibility is the Improved Stealth mod, which functionally turns the first 2.5 seconds of Invisibility into a high-absorption Shield. Also, since this wasn't implicit in my prior statements (though it's obvious to everyone who has been here for more than 10 minutes) - EVERYONE can cycle Shields.

Anyway, @ work and quite over this, let me know if you bring something that's actually new to the table, conversely if you feel like getting a Mental Character to 328, purchasing a bunch of level 200 Artifacts, and learning Invisibility mechanics, you can test it yourself - until then, since all you have is anecdotal evidence provided by you dying in PVP? I'm good.
  16. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

It's tricky, it's nasty, it's kind of impressive, but it's not a bug.....best quote yet after all the quotes I've posted where you clearly used jump cancel invisibility bugs to produce extra results and remove risk from learneas amulet....that other classes can't do......(bug) exsploit.(so yeah let's get a fix applied to these bugs) call it a nerf if ya want.....a true gammer calls it a fix or a balance....
  17. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

And as stated, Gadgets can DEFINITELY do the exact same thing.....you won't see a gaget with learneas amulet post a pic when you do however since you don't own a gaget with learneas amulet....how can you know...... assuming I suppose
  18. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

since all you have is anecdotal evidence provided by you dying in PVP? I'm good.....nice quote......lol pvp isn't the only place this can be exsploited lol long as mods and artifacts can be triggered this includes pve
  19. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

The quotes above from you I have reposted have shown that you were able to jump cancel clip to extend the imunity to damage with very little knowage of the actual exsploit lol I shall repost all your quotes regarding exsploitible bugs you were able to preform....as for walking back my original statement...no sir.......just useing your limited knowage and exsperice and low gear and arts to drive the point home that if you can do it others can do it better
  20. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

damage cycle using Sleep and a combination of the above allowing you to reach the cooldown of Invisibility using that method *once*,.damage cycle using Sleep and a combination of the above allowing you to reach the cooldown of Invisibility using that method *once*,.You could use it to extend the damage cycle for a few hits without having to reset it with Terrorize, It's tricky, it's nasty, it's kind of impressive, but it's not a bug.......all quotes from your post several examples of little bugs and exsploites use to adcheive a result you shouldn't be able to adcheive.....if things did as they read.....no more no less lol .......fun times...I assume I'll see another venomous post next time I logg on ......till then my fellow heros!