Learneas amulet exsploit

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Bladechaos, Feb 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Did I know as a mental class u can prevent the damage the amulet causes to yourself by spamming invisibility jump and it'll cancel the effects? It's so broken even playstation can preform this action. So the class who has invisibility, reflect pain, transfer damage, and can use Amazon deflection now gets a huge damage increase from learneas amulet and can stay invisible and do 5k damage every 0.5 secs with no reprcusion Wich the reprcusion is stated by the artifact and now there is 1 move less they have to use each rotation. The invisibility jump spam cancel can be done so effectively that the owner of the art will suffer zero damage. Fixing this exsploit will go a long way to making pvp almost enjoyable again.......and bring more diverseity to pvp
  2. Berza Committed Player

Y
    You know artifacts are not supposed to work in PvP, true? So if Laerna is working its a bug, abusing it is an exploit and you can report players for it. Also you should post this in the Arkham Asilum section.
  3. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Half true. Artifacts don't work in Arenas, but they work perfectly fine in Duels and Open World PvP.
  4. Eve YouTuber

To be fair if It's an exploit it should be posted in Task Force X (Exploits Reports). We don't need more players to see this and go ahead and use it themselves.

OP, Artifacts should NOT work in Arenas and if it does report it. (Either as bug or exploit if people abusing it) Share a video or any evidence you have.
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

What bug? If you have improved stealth, the damage taken from the artifact will be blocked. Do you read the effect? :confused:
    • Like x 2
  6. Berza Committed Player

Well, yes, I supposed the OP to be talking about Arenas. In Duels and Open World PvP artifacts work, but as stated above also work the Tactical Mods, so yeah, Invisibility prevents a Mental player from suffering damage from Laerna. And any other sources as it works as a shield.
  7. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Yeah , I've posted it in several locations. Task force x arkem bugs and reprducible bugs and pvp. I've opened tickets and have fought this issue for over a month and a half by opening tickets and provided pictures of both it being used and the users of the exsploiters bragging about it and teaching others how to use it. I didn't know what else to do but alert the dcuo player community that it is happening and has been reported and nothing has been done.....I'll leave you with a quote from a dc legend....if u see something wrong in the world u can either do nothing .....or something......I already tried nothing...it didn't work....
  8. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Quote is by Steve trevor
  9. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

As far as a mental shield blocking learneas amulet there is no sheild in the game Wich should be able to reduce learneas amulets damage to zero permently.....we are talking about what is ultimately continuous damage over time the whole fight noone can sheild that much mods or no .and we are talking about 5k tics that are being prevented . The amulet dose not read if you spam invisibility and jump cancel you'll take no damage.....it was designed to force you to cast a finisher move or redirect the damage or use an actual sheild to avert (some ) of the damage.....mental who use the exsploit don't even use a finisher on their load out...
  10. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

And the only mod they use is improved stealth so there's that theroy
  11. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Improved stealth lasts 2.5 secs stealth is easy removed by simple moves such as karmedic suspension soul bolt even duel pistols even if u pull them outta stealth right away the very second they go under the damage is prevented for a duration then blooop spam invisibility jump clip cancel again. This is not how the artifact was designed and when forced to come outta stealth the damage should then start back up
  12. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Considering invisibility has a cooldowns of 12 secs .....why would a mod that prevents damage for 2.5 seconds prevent all damage permently? Are u forgetting that why I are invisible and preventing damage you are still creating stacks on the artifact which we all know as stacks increase so dose the damage to yourself? Meaning for the 2.5 secs u are invisible and are spamming a move that is 0.5 sec cooldowns u created 5 stacks on the art add in the fact u went invisible that's 6 stacks minimum......when u come outta invisibility you should then quickly bring your own life down drastically .....cause u still have 8 secs before going invisible again or more .....yes I know you'll say transfer the damage then....but you'll then be at 10 stacks when u come outta invisibility again and that should be suicide......since u can transfer the damage but not the stacks and since u haven't cast a finisher the stacks shouldn't refresh the artifact states to reset stacks u must cast a finisher.......dose not state u can refresh stacks by transfer....10 stacks would eat around a quarter of your health each move or two that I preformed and with mental they preform a move every .5 secs.....lol that's like 3 or 4 secs from full health and the oppent should then be able to cast a finisher and kill u if the artifact worked correctly.....as it reads......this is the only logical out come of a the fight if u lasted that long against the invisibility spammer......given the math of improved stealth being only 2.5 secs immune damage duration and not being able to transfer the stacks and invisibility having a 12 sec cooldown......for 9.5 secs us have 10 stacks obliterating ur own health unless u spammed transfer transfer transfer Wich is easy prevented by an opponents sheild or sheilds . But alas the exsploiters are not having to cast transfer ever......nor a finisher.......so yes I did read the descriptions...and yes I understand a certain amount can be prevented via sheilds improved stealth and transfer .....but don't for get while u are using sheilds invisibility and transfer u are under 10 stacks the entire time and u are being attacked and stunned and disrupted in the in-between times and there should be hardly a moment when u have 10 stacks for a long duration that u could afford to do anything other that stealth sheild transfer transfer transfer sheild stealth repeat......but alas this isn't the situation....they are actively attacking and noth useing transfer nor a finisher and are sometimes useing reflect pain......as their only sheild lol and most use no sheild..... hopefully with this detailed description you understand where the exsploit inlies
  13. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

For the 9.5 secs u are not immune to damage and visible even casting a shield power wouldn't work cause the 10 stacks would cause the sheild u just cast to immediately be blasted off of u so u would be stuck transfer transfer transfer reflect pain but the problem is u are transferring the artifact damage but u can only transfer 1 source of damage at a time .....don't forget a pet is a second source and a trinket pet is 3 other sources and the opponent you are fighting is 1 .....that's 6 sources of damage coming at you for 9.5 secs while because u haven't cast a finisher your stuck transferring damage of 1 source and praying that invisibility cooldown hurries up! And if have to use a slew of sheilds
  14. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

If u read daybreak's description of learneas amulet....and I quote. ( This artifact is a risk versus reward artifact) the exsploit takes all risk away and yeilds nothing but reward.....but only for 1 class useing a spam clip....Wich is not how it was intended to be used nor considered it could be used ....very definition of an exsploit......
  15. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

And yes while it's an exsploit it is being used in pvp and this is a pvp thread ...informing my fellow players that they could be the victim of an exsploiter is not wrong . And this is my intention along with rallying support to fix this bug . What other players do with the information is up to them
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i suggest we remove invisibility from mental.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Mental would have to be restructured fairly heavily to account for the lack of Invisibility mechanics in order to maintain its current level of functionality, which is still a little questionable even with it (regardless of what the fellows on the Might Rotation FAQ have to say about it - what a Sparring Target says is never the whole story).

Besides, I just finally found an Invisibility rotation I like.

I think maybe just programming a limitation to the exploit (i.e. actually fixing the mechanics that drive Invisible to have correct transformation speeds and tighter status checking, plus assign Lernaea's Amulet to deduct its cost directly from Health as opposed to dealing standard damage that is circumventable by Shielding) would be preferential at this point, since that's going to be an issue in more circumstances than just Invisibility.

Also, to be blunt - tired of seeing Mental getting taken apart and put back together incorrectly, and this'll be the third time such a major reworking of its mechanic has occurred.

My question is "have you submitted the exploit to Task Force X yet", because if it functions with Invisibility, then chances are excellent that it also functions with Stealth mechanics in general, and also - possibly - with other high-level damage prevention mechanics that would contraindicate its use as intended.

Do you have a clip of this in action? Not that I am suggesting you post it openly but it might help narrow down the nature of the exploit itself.
  18. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Yes I've posted to task force x had over 100 views from dev team yes I have opened tickets posted pics of the exsploit in use and several players not only professing they use the exsploit but instructing others in game how to use it .....and yes exsploit is viable to use in other stealths but most commonly used by the mental class....
  19. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

An increase cooldown of invisibility by a few secs would crush the bug and several other invisibility spam jump clip bugs
  20. Berza Committed Player

It is 12 seconds, what do you want, to destroy the power in PVE?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.