League Sizes and Cost

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 26, 2022.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Players hoarding with no cap.

13 Proficiencies cost 25,000 all 13 cost 325,000

How do you really expect a league that is small in size do to players they work different schedules don't put in as much play time as others are able to to maintain such a huge cost in a total month based on a few players by the time a group of 3 or 4 players earn 6 Proficiencies it's already been one complete month while other leagues have enough players running enough content to get this task completed in a week and no were not leaving the league we are in to get in to a larger league this is only promoting even more player hoarding to end up like other players who do the same and end up Pugging or being limited to the content they get picked for based on how they play and what content they are interested in.

League sizes need to be reduced. the game also needs a public league roster like seen on games with leagues we shouldn't need to be invited joining leagues should be public based on room available and the room should be limited to around 100 members per league to balance the leagues out you can check leagues and find that players have thousands of members some very inactive older players some not but players join those leagues and consider them dead they see 50 people but only 5 active while there isn't actually 50 it's 5 players with extra alts they use as some play more then one character and role.

End of the day the leagues need to be rebalanced not everyone gets along some have each other on ignore some are nothing but sarcastic drama queens and some as we have learned have more then 1 league they put the basic players in one league and then they put the end game elite players in another and they only run with each other leaving the rest out of the content leaving them behind in the game.

I could name one but I am not here to spread drama but it is going on and you can check for players with more then one league and activity of those leagues based on what they run and it needs to be fixed and no one wants to point this issue out but guess they like queing for content popping NTH scanners that last 1 hour to get in to a raid beat it in 20 minutes to sit in another Q for 10 to 15 minutes leaving 25 minutes left on a scanner they paid for cause they are forced to pub.

So will leave this here for the community to rant to tell us how great it is to be part of a league with 100 or more active players and say how it's ok to be in that league and still pug lol
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You sure lost me after that first bit so I can’t like your thread haha. But definitely agree to that 1st bit about less prestige. We were a good sized one but times gone on. Got a few back recently tho so that’s promising. But yeah, tough for the small leagues. Maybe at least make it so there’s ones that cost less that only buff 4 members at a time.
    • Like x 2
  3. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Yes times do go on and Dc being out so long so many have moved to other games some stopped gaming all together then you get stuck with the few and your own alts that are in the league new players login see the line up then figure out wait this league is dead but don't care to stick around to help make it become active again my league went stale when Elder Scrolls came out then pretty much ended when Destiny came out now were stuck with 2 to 5 active on different times no one stays but we got 41 members 99.9% are all alts to the 5 actives and some are players that come and go when ever they feel like it but point is you got players in leagues that get recruited and go right to pugging just because they won't help them out or they don't need the content
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The entire purpose of leagues is to give people more motivation to team up and work together. Those buffs and their requirements are a part of that. It better serves the players to reach out... form bonds and attachments with large groups of people so they can get stuff done more efficiently. It also serves the developers because people are less likely to quit and stop spending money if they made a lot of friends with the time they spent here. What you're asking for doesn't make sense at all to me.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm definitely with you on how much proficiency's cost and that they should be adjusted

our league is much smaller than it used to be but we all still play a lot and are barley able to keep 6 proficiency's up

they should lower their cost some to help with smaller leagues of as was suggested have a lower cost option that only unlocks for smaller group sizes.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you have 8 on at any given time, queue up HH. That's 3200 a pop in 6 or 7 min + prestige for any of the 102 gear you grab up and donate. Plus you get some source marks. Even if you don't have 8, queue up for HH/FOS3/DD and collect the 400 per head on quick runs.

I also think that raising the cap would allow for some farming of prestige when there are 'good' activity weeks to help cover the weeks that are lean. At 75k a week, it pretty much ensures you will always be on the edge of running out if you are upping all the buffs. Personally I only worry about keeping up 4 or 5, but I'm a 'solo' league....but yeah, people want all of them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

donate cats. There cheap and amass a ton of prestige
  8. BumblingB I got better.

If you max out your lair with items. You have your batteries full with your boosts and mods. You get a significant number of prestige just walking into your base.

My league farmed prestige, because it was a lot harder to get back in the day due to CR Relevancy. Now, it's a lot easier to get, since the clamp doesn't prevent you from getting full prestige per run. If you are just doing open world, yeah, that can be a problem, but if you are running content each day and have at least a few active members, you should at least be enough to get the core proficiencies.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Tiny starros are always a fav to drop in the bucket.
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Players have freedom of association and leagues are going to be as large or small as there are number of people interested in being members at a given time, mediated by how large the owners of a league want the league to be.

Telling other people that they're somehow Wrong to want leagues larger or smaller than your own preference will get you nowhere. People all get to have their own preferences.

Argument-by-assertion and instructing people in what they "should" prefer or believe is completely pointless. "Should" is meaningless with citation to a controlling authority. You only get to decide how large or small is the league that you yourself start.

But best of luck controlling the game and other people's preferences by issuing personal ukases.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You don't know what "run-on sentence" means, do you?

Punctuation was invented to allow people to understand what strings of words mean. It's not a luxury imposed by meanies for no reason. Using no punctuation -- or paragraphing, or coherent expression -- simply means that far fewer people will put in the effort into trying to decipher what it is you are trying to say than would otherwise read you.

Writing without punctuation turns into meaningless gibberish.

It's self-inflicting the punishment of being largely ignored.

Just a bit of unsolicited advice. I'm kind and generous that way. Not that I expect you or any other subliterate person will learn to use punctuation in English if you don't already know how to. That would be too logical as well as requiring making an effort. After all, you know what you're trying to say!

Even if nobody else does.
    • Like x 1
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Could definitely skip Berserker & Out Of Combat Regen. That’ll save u 50k. Berserker isn’t really necessary at all for the price, the other 1 is irrelevant as u mad dash from add to boss to add w/out a second to catch your breath most of the time
    • Like x 1
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I also think bounties should be included for prestige (if you have the mission) running that as a league should have that additional benefit imho
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This argument was made when WV and LLL were 50% of what people were doing for 2 episodes. Even if it were a smaller amount like 50 prestige, or the occasional random prestige token drop, it makes sense.
    • Like x 2