League Improvement Suggestion: Emails

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Enquirer, Mar 29, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Normally when myself or another officer in the league recruits a new member, we go into a scrimmage with them, watch them fight, and then give them some feedback. After that I've taken to sending an in game email over to them explaining some of the things I talked about a bit more in depth. In addition to that I normally send them a an email welcoming them to the league and explaining some of our ground rules.

Can we get a system set up, so when someone joins a league, they get an automatic in game email with a message of the leader's (or whomever else can edit it) choosing? It'd be a great way to lay down some ground rules and welcome people to the league as the message of the day is typically better served to announcing events or more recently in my league, wishing a group of people good luck in FNL.

In addition to that can we also just get a little box when writing an email that says something along the lines of "send to all league members". It'd be a really useful way to help plan out tournaments or just send out a group message and be able to read through responses at your convenience.
    • Like x 33
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Very good idea and I highly support it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I thought we'd have more tools like this when we got league halls, but I'd welcome them anytime if they were added. There's usually concern about mass mailing, but I think it'd be OK if confined to no more than a league.

We also need a custom chat linked to the league in the data model. That way there can be a global chat that the league leader has control of for alliances & cross faction. Current custom chats are just out in the wild with no permission options.
    • Like x 4
  4. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Asked myself "why can't I mass-mail" 3 years ago, and said question stands today. Not just for leagues, but in general, a revamp to the mailing system where we can choose to send one mail to a list of people at once, or a mass-mail to the entire league, would be absolutely beautiful.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, that's kinda what I was thinking. This wouldn't take much time to implement either.
    • Like x 1
  6. Errorcode1058 New Player

WWI carrier pigeons were a more efficient method of communication than what we currently have in game.

Please update our in game mail to match minimal 21st century standards.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Or at least late 90s standards?
  8. MrWon Committed Player

I would also like a league-wide mail that is sent to all members of the league. Kind of like clash of clans, just give it a few hours cooldown to prevent spam. Other then that, this is a great idea that I fully support.
    • Like x 3
  9. Errorcode1058 New Player

I just want GROUPS so I can efficiently send things to my alts, my league list, and then my whole friends list.

I've been on this game for a lounge time. My friends list is way too long to sort through. Over the years, people were added as I thought they might be DC ing so they could be invited to group. invited to group as they switched to alts, etc... Plus all the people I added as I helped them out.

The name change event did not help much either...It would take me hours to thin out the friends list and let's face it...a call/tell to do ANYTHING takes precedent over eliminating people I don't know from the friends list.

• Like x 3
  10. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Huge up vote for this one! This would help me out as the PR Officer of my League (no, really, they made my rank "Public Relations") This would be a great way to give everyone League info or hard-to-obtain-game-info. Great idea man, would love to see this get at least some thought!
    :D
    • Like x 4
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, right now it's getting rather tedious to type up a welcome email for each person who joins.

Other than being able to do certain things, league names don't hold any meaning as I change them every week or every other week :p
    • Like x 1
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

To be honest with you, they probably wouldn't need to give it that long of a cool down since you need to be invited to the league in the first place.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I agree...I also would like to get it so when I look at my list I get a separation between LEAGE and FRIENDS...
  14. Deranya Dedicated Player

I would love to see this added, among other things. It would make so many things easier. +1 ^^
  15. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Create your own forums and send out as many emails as you'd like to your members from there.
    We use our forums to sign up for raids, events, etc.

As for instant communication, our League is more than happy just using kik
  16. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

OH OH OH!!!!! Can we also include multiple removes from both league and friends list?
  17. zeroman New Player

This is not a bad idea at all. I give this thread a 5.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

In other words to give them information on how to behave in game, you need to send them outside of the game. A league forum is a good thing to have as it allows for some more complex planning, but it's just a bit contrived for something so simple as setting up league rules and ensuring people get access to them.
  19. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Gee, if only we had an MOTD and a League chat for in-game communications!
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yeah, but the MOTD is limited and sometimes longer explanations are needed. League emails would be nice, +1 from me