League Halls

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

The reason why league halls don't allow you to use teleporters to wherever you want like you can in your own base and the reason why you can't add certain amenities such as the broker or the R&D vendor or the sofer vendor is because the developers are worried that you will never step foot in the Watchtower again.
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And why should we set foot in our own league halls other than the league bank and that stat boosting thing, given what they're currently like?
    • Like x 3
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

I actually spent hours in there parsing numbers and optimize my damage^^

And we used to hang out in there from time to time.
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

You're a couple years late OP.
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Well, excuse me for having just started playing a few months ago
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Thats fine. I'm just saying all of your complaints and criticisms were things we pointed out when the halls were released.
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The more they're pointed out, the more likely something will be done to fix them :p
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah thats not gonna happen lol. We have been complaining about feats in TC's since they released and Daybreak continue to put them in.
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That's because *that* affects their bottom line
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

The style vendors are another example of something thats needs attention.
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

The League Halls could be so much more beneficial. Free placement on everything including amenities is on my wish list. A message board and Letter insignia to place on walls for naming the league or league hall would be great too
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

For the 200 people that belong to the league that are logged in at the same time, duh. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Do you really think they all need to use the mailboxes at once? And why are there only 4 of each of the other amenities, then?
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I was actually being sarcastic, lol. There are usually like 2 people in a league hall at a time, so yeah 8 mailboxes are overkill. 2 of each would be plenty IMO.

Also, definitely need to have other amenities in the League Hall. It should be a gathering spot, with cool stuff, not just a bank and nothing else. These amenities should be unlockable with combination of prestige and cold, hard in-game cash. That would promote building leagues of more than 5 active members.

There also needs to be some kind of inter-league tournaments, I think personally. Kind of like SWTOR does with the conquest system, where they compete for points and titles and glory by completing this daily raid or weekly bounty, etc. That could boost interest in older episodes and make it fun to gear up. Of course, as long as pvp is still as terrible as it is, inter-league competitions would lack one of the biggest incentives: demolishing other leagues.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kestral Committed Player

Last time I heard about that topic it was a PS3 issue due to the lag they experienced loading up league halls and bases that had too many items. So cross your fingers on that adjustment being made now.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I always thought that the purpose of having a league base was to be able to use it as a League Headquarters instead of using the Watchtower/Hall of Doom. In my opinion, players should AUTOMATICALLY be able to teleport to their own league base(s) from their personal base and the map instead of having to get a teleporter mod to do so.

I think that having 2 sets of teleporters to your main headquarters is overkill. We need 6 teleporters but not have all of them go to the Watchtower/Hall of Doom. League bases should have one teleporter to each wing of the main HQ, one teleporter to Gotham (with key locations like the teleporter mod), one teleporter to Metropolis (with key locations like the teleporter mod) and one teleporter that allows players to teleport back to their individual base(s). If the devs are concerned about League Bases not generating any income, they could allow special League Base vendors that sell specific items that can only be attained by owning and running a league base. League Bases could bring in more subscribers if there were a perk attached to it; for example, subscribing to DCUO would give you 45,000 prestige and 6 exclusive league base sized items (account bound, cannot be traded, sold or deleted) that cannot be attained through gameplay

I recently acquired a league base as well and I also am a bit disappointed that not much more was done with it, even though players have asked again and again. Oh well, I am going to work with it as best as I can.
    • Like x 3
  17. Comixfan Committed Player

And why are there no broker terminals in league hall?

Or soder vendors. Or R&D vendors.

And no teleporters to member bases, other league halls, safehouses or warzones.

I'm in agreeance with OP. Our league just recently got our hall and to say it was anticlimactic is an understatement.

Limits on number of items placeable in certain areas (so entry area with teleporters & observation area end up being very sparsely decorated).

No brokers/vendors as mentioned above.

No living quarters. (And no teleporters to member bases).

In the side areas there are several wall/floor spots that you cannot place any items on.

And for the love of all that's holy, give us the ability to remove items from our personal base list so we can donate them to the league hall (and also allow for items to be removed from league hall by those with appropriate permission)/.

(Yes, I know some base items have feats associated, but as I mentioned in another thread they can surely flag these items as used when initially "consumed" so that subsequent useage doesn't count towards feats).

Also, It'd be great if our league could get more out of earning prestige for the league than just statues/buffs/league bank space).

And why no feats associated with league halls? Have league feats that unlock for all members who participate in them (like earning prestige, for example).
  18. Comixfan Committed Player

Wholeheartedly agree with this!
  19. Comixfan Committed Player

That reasoning really doesn't hold any water when personal bases can have brokers, soder vendors & R&D vendors, and teleporters to Gotham/Metropolis/safehouses/warzones.

If they can have them, there's zero reason why league halls shouldn't have same.

Our league on Xbox recently got our league hall but our members still spend more time in their personal bases than they do in the hall or watchtower because of the fact their personal base has more to offer them than the hall does (and there's no irritating trolls duelling right on top of you or spamming powers while you're trying to put auctions up like what happens in the watchtower).
    • Like x 2
  20. Comixfan Committed Player

League halls should have style/hairstyle vendors too!