League Halls Request Wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I realize there are similar threads, but my hope is to bring all of those together in something a bit more succinct with this thread. So, please feel free to post the things you'd like to see in League Halls moving forward in this thread (It's just that the subject line is a bit more clearly labeled).

Now, I realize that the devs did things with League Halls the way that they did so as to not make Lairs obsolete with the release of Halls, but I think there are still many ways to achieve that end that haven't been explored yet. So I'm hoping to cover that in this wishlist, as well. Just with the League Mods & statuary alone I believe this has been achieved, but there are other things we can achieve that end with.

All of that being said, on to the list...

1) Teleporters. I believe this is the single greatest issue with league halls. I think we need to have Teleporter Unlocks for individual Raids & Alerts that we can open up with Prestige. This in addition to Lair teleports and of course Gotham, Metropolis, and other staging areas would really open up Halls.

2) Bank Slots. It's great that we have multiple bank unlocks. But could we please have more slots? This also goes toward another, unrelated long-standing request: More slots for our Shared Bank. Or, at the least, the ability to purchase more slots for Shared Bank.

Another great thing would be to include a DEFAULT option to access our personal Shared Bank, so we can move things around that we'd like to donate. And if we need to withdraw something from the Banks for a character we aren't currently logged into, we can throw that straight into our Shared Bank to snag it later on the character for which it is intended.

3) Karma System for Banks & Donations. Pretty simple idea. Donate furniture? Earn Karma. Donate an item to the bank? Earn Karma. Take something out of the Bank? Spend Karma. The more rare or advanced an item, the more Karma it's worth. Tier 6 Plans, for example, would be worth more Karma than a set of Beta Plans, for example. Gold items are worth more than Purple are worth more than Green (generally speaking, once again with Tier playing a factor). There could also be statuary for league members with the most Karma earned in a cycle. This also turns the Banking system into something honest by default and should make it easier for leaders to track who contributes the most.

4) League Hall Furniture. I'm told this was announced as being on the way already, so I won't touch on it too much. I will say that it would be nice if we could also have larger versions of some existing Base items, and more importantly I'd REALLY like to see some Hall Items that are VEHICLES. Nothing cheesy like mopeds & bumper cars, please.

5) New Themes & NPCs. Also something that I believe will be on the way, along with locations. Again, not much to add to this. I do think it would be great if we could have a couple of themes, specifically: Shadowlands & Wastelands/Shadow of Hell (Magic), Arctic & Paradise (Meta - I know WW isn't Meta in the game, but let's be real, she's more Meta than Lex is), and Space Station (current) & Retro Tech / Bunker (Tech).

Also, it would be great to have some NPCs floating around the Halls. If we actually get some themes, it would be stellar (har har) if they matched that theme. So, for a Magic theme, we could have Sentinels (Hero Leagues) or Magents (Villain Leagues) running around.

6) New Iconic Powers Unlocked in LH. Yep. Even if it was just theme-based reskins, this would be HUGE. Personally, I'd love to see Robotic Sidekick reskinned as a Mummy or a Soul Eater, but that's just me... .

7) Broker, Resec (already available?), & Soder Vendors. I mean, it's all well & good to have the Vendors Amenities in our Lairs, but it's far more realistic to expect that we'd have vendors in our Halls than in our personal domain.

8) Equipment Vendors. These should actually be theme-based first-tier styles that should be fairly easy to acquire. It would be great if we could also unlock other vendors throughout the area that sell things similar to what is available in WT/HoD (Hair & Skin, Rare Styles Vendor, PVP Gear, and Tier Gear 1-4).

This would give League Halls a strong presence without rendering Lairs obsolete, and while it would put a dent in the utility of WT/HoD, I think those would still see a fair amount of use as, if nothing else, a great gathering area and a place to access iconic missions and the like (a lot of lower tier stuff, as well as remaining a waypoint for other content).

I'd love to hear more thoughts & ideas on how to improve League Halls moving forward. Please share. :)
    • Like x 4
  2. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Uhhhh wouldn't Karma just be Prestige?
    • Like x 1
  3. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

But on another note, I agree with the Teleporters, Vendors, and more Amenities. I'll add that they open up the three rooms locked off and be able to unlock extra wings vis prestige
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

No. You don't lose Prestige from removing items from the League Banks, and you aren't limited in what can be taken out of the League Banks by how much Karma you have. With a Karma system, you can only take out as much as you've put in.

This would be great for keeping recruits from being able to simply take from Banks willy-nilly and then ditching the league (I know that settings for who can add/remove help with this issue, but don't resolve it completely or even very well). This system also encourages people to contriibute QUALITY items instead of just trash. This is quite different from Prestige.
  5. GregDawe New Player

A lot of good ideas, I like a lot.

Teleporters are a big one, especially one that goes to our base from our League Hall.

The blow link is my big next thing, and was morre or less what I was hoping to get out of League Halls before details emerged.
    Basically I want a singular place that all my toons can go to adjust their amories.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/family-hq.212676/#post-2684143
  6. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Not that I am the authority on such things, in any way shape or form, but... I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one:

Lairs are where you go to adjust your personal stuff. It's your personal Base. The League Hall is for group stuff where you and your buddies come together to do things. Adjusting your personal armories isn't a group activity, and as such ought to remain a part of your Lair. Also, this is one thing that keeps Lairs useful unto themselves in this way.

Now, on a related note, it would be great to see some kind of League Armory function. Maybe have this be something where the leadership can set up or unlock different features to be made available to the league as a whole:

What could be fun would be allowing leaders a literal League Armory that was tied to a vendor - basically this would be the option of creating semi-custom armors the league can buy as a whole.

So, say the leaders can go into the (League) Armory Menu, and they have pick a wearable slot. Then they can pick what Tier they want that slot to be sold at. Let's say they pick Tier 6 for the Head Slot. Now they choose the Style from a list of available styles (chosen by the devs, or maybe each style is unlocked with Prestige). And let's say they pick Shadow Mystic Style (to go with their Hall Theme). So, their League Armory will now sell Tier 6 equipment at the standard price for that equipment, but it is sold in the Shadow Mystic Style. They just as easily could have chosen to make it sell Tier 3 Gear for the Back Slot in the Krypton Medico Style, at the standard price for Tier 3 gear (again, styles being available to be unlocked and the list being determined by the devs). Making these changes would, of course, also require a certain fee in the form of Prestige.

This shouldn't pose a huge memory issue, either, as it operates wholly on existing gear and styles. It would add customization to the league, provide a means of acquiring incomplete style sets through group play without dealing with random drops (if you communicate with your league leader), and would be a great money sink for Prestige in both unlocking styles and altering the League Armory.

Thoughts?
  7. GregDawe New Player

I don't want armories in the League Halls themselves.
    I did, but that was before they released details, and I agree it would not work as they are.

I want a base for my personal account.
    One that all (or the ones I want to) my characters can go to adjust their personal things.
    The same way that Batman & Robin's main base of operations is the Batcave, they both keep their gear their.
    There isn't a separate Robin's Nest for him to go to for his kit.

I love the Idea of a "League Outfit" Armory.
    Running a raid with team spirit would be awesome!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  8. denjim New Player

I like most of what u say Harlequin and you are right the league base should be home for which ever league you are with, it should be just like the watchtower were you can resec or your bank or a teleporters to anyone in your league or to a alert or raid would be great for any league base, so great work harlequin but I'm just unsure of the karma system for bank and other things.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I'm wondering, also (unrelated) if Character Bios being available under your character in the League Roster (or statues) wouldn't scratch an itch for some people, too...

I see what you're saying, but I still have to disagree with you. For one thing, it wouldn't make sense for a Villain and Hero alt to share a space like that. For another, with Teleporters installed now and the Permissions you can set in your own Base, there's no reason you can't set Lairs up to use everything for one another in each space between characters.

The only distinction between what you're talking about and what is already in place is basically a loading screen (and maybe switching characters, which you'd have to do for the armories, any way, as you can't imprint for one character while logged into the other). :p

The Karma system, as proposed, is completely separate from Prestige. It's basically a form of currency, or more accurately, Store Credit, that only works within your league hall with that particular league. So, if you donate something, it's like you're selling that item to the league for store credit which you can then spend to purchase something else. But, as with any other store credit, you cannot spend it at a different store (with another league) if you leave your league. So, similar to Prestige, your Karma is tied to your league membership. But Karma and Prestige are still completely separate things. :)

TL, DR: Karma is basically Store Credit for your League Bank. Donate something to earn Store Credit, spend Store Credit to get something else. Store Credit is only good with that particular store (League). Karma is Store Credit.
  10. GregDawe New Player

Marketplace > Base Items > 'Account Lair Deed (Hero)' & 'Account Lair Deed (Villain)
    Cost option A: 2000SC

Cost option B: 900SC (2 toons), 1200SC (3 toons), 1500SC (4 toons), 1600SC (5 toons)

I would like the Account Lair to be bigger, and a little bit of a better shape than the current Lairs.
    The non-logged in characters to be present in the Lair interacting with the gear inside, like big computer hubs ect. Even if all characters are not logged into, players with permissions can enter and see all your hero/villain toons hard at work.
    The armories are obviously the only amenity that would have exclusive use to each character, but the introduction of "team" armories would be nice. 1 Single items that houses a number of different characters builds, the way the Batcave has Batman, Robin & Nightwing all in the one thing.
    It wouldn't be a bad introduction for a "small" content HoP DLC, where you get to fight in your own Account Lair as a 4man or 2man OP.
  11. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Teleporters: I think the devs want to tie their augmentation to prestige but I think this is a mistake and the basic functionality should either be inherent or tied to our individual characters.

Bank Slots: With us being able to unlock multiple rows and pages, I don’t think we’ll have too many issue with their functionality and it’ll be up to the league’s members not to clutter up the league bank with trivial items.

Although I agree 1,000% that our personal Shared Banks need to be updated and should be updated to a minimum of double plus adding the function to store in-game cash, especially with the in-game email lag we continue to have.

In the end, if you need 5 pages worth of the top soders for league members, eventually it would probably be in the league's interest to throw a couple of plans in there so that league members won't keep needing soders all the time.

Karma System for Banks and Donations: Agree 1,000% and the first means to making this a reality is adding a prestige value to ALL non-trash drop items!!!

The fact that R&D materials and vault (formally lockbox) accessories don’t have prestige values is, IMHO, an outright terrible decision by the devs and unless an R&D option is given to make value items, I think this needs to be revisited ASAP.

League Hall Furniture: Coming soon!!! But I do hope that a I see a WIP thread asking for suggestions and we don’t simply just get super-sized versions of existing furniture.

New Themes and NPCs: I think new themes will come in due time and I again agree 1,000% regarding the NPCs. This has been one of my main issues with our player bases and I think it’s time to make a wholesale change that’ll impact both.

In addition, I wouldn’t mind if from time to time we had an escaped prisoner from our holding cells running around our league halls similar to the NPCs from the safehouses.

New Iconic Powers Unlocked in LH: I would disagree with this one as I would rather the devs simply revamp, expand, and visually update the Iconic (as well as Movement) trees.

Tying them more to our powers whenever possible and even offering additional themes online for our overall power’s visuals.

Bank, Respec and Soder Venders: The space being held and I think again that this is just a matter of time as more league earn league halls and a significant amount unlock permanent additions as eventually there will be a surplus of prestige that’ll need to be spent by league.

All this is dependent on the devs not ruining the Donation values because of the issues many are having with the weekly cap, which I still believe needs to be increased.

Equipment Venders: While I don’t believe our league should have our own equipment, I do believe that allowing us to have our own emblems, styles and even league colors should be looked into.

While I’m no expert, it would seem that the tech is somewhat there and would be a case of being able to integrate tech used to make our armories and this again would be a great for leagues to be able to spend eventual excess prestige down the line.
    • Like x 1
  12. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Expanding on the Karma System (Store Credit) idea, I think it would be a great feature for the Hall UI if there were some way to set a minimum Item Level or similar stricture (Karma Value?) were put into place so that leaders could restrict the amount of trash items put into League Banks. A maximum Item Level type of thing wouldn't hurt, either. This would enable different banks to have different functions, such as Bank 1 being Tier 1, Bank 2 being Tier 2, etc. and maybe a Soder Bank if people wanted. This is only one example.

It's also another reason the Bank Slots thing is a real problem. :p
  13. sterl320 New Player

I like everything but the Karma system. That just seems like something that should be handled through proper league leadership. In my league, if you are a brand new recruit, you don't have permission to use the banks until you have not only been in the league for some time, but have also gotten to know a good number of people in the league, & showed good camaraderie. The only permission new recuits have when they join is voice chat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fools Fire Loyal Player

4) League Hall Furniture. ... Each member would stand in front of a camera, a picture would be taken. A huge bookcase would have a book representing each member. As you select one, you see snapshots of what the character looks like. Not just currently, but any images the player wanted to include. Beside the image would be a listing of what styles were used as well as color codes.

5) New Themes & NPCs. ...Give us some of the pre-existing maps. Inner Sanctum, FOS2, Gates, Nexus. Villains would probably love a whole floor of Arkham Asylum. Which could be edited so each of the Villain areas (The Garden, the Psych ward, the Furnace area) could be side rooms. Heck, wouldn't Prime be big enough for a huge studio type league hall?

6) New Iconic Powers Unlocked in LH. ...You see what I said in #4....how about if your sidekick could look like one of your old designs or even one of your league mates!
    • Like x 1
  15. xColdFront Committed Player

Definitely a broker, broker and another broker!!!!
  16. xColdFront Committed Player

Karma? We already have that it's called prestige.
  17. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Once again, the Karma system is completely different than Prestige.

Sterl320 makes a valid point about league leadership being responsible for handling these things, but the truth is are you going to kick people for putting trash like Diving Helmets in your League Bank? Probably not. Seems petty. A Karma system would fix this. But at least I can respectfully disagree with him, because he appears to have read the post. He understands that the Karma System is not Prestige, and disagrees with its function. Which is fine. Because, once again, he actually read what was posted before replying.

You, on the other hand, make no valid point whatsoever, because it appears that you haven't read, or are unable to mentally grasp, the distinction between the two systems. Rather than insult your intelligence, I assume you simply haven't read them. Which is actually kind of worse, because you deliberately choose to remain ignorant before speaking (this is a dangerous combination that is all too common). If there are fifteen pages, I can understand skimming through instead of reading all of it. But there is one page. Please read before posting, because when you don't it's pretty obvious. Like now.

And if you tell me that you DID read the post? Then you're stating that you were unable to mentally grasp the distinction between the two systems after multiple posts explaining it. I'll let you draw your own conclusions there what that means...

And no, I'm not going to explain to you the difference between Karma and Prestige here, because it's been done already. Scroll up. Read. And then I would love to hear your input, even if I don't agree. But until you can display some comprehension of what has already been posted (by actually reading it), nothing you have to say is relevant - because you simply don't know what you're talking about, and again, it's obvious.

I'm going to repeat this one last time: Please read (NOT skim) what was posted, understand it, and then reply.

My apologies to everyone else. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people respond negatively to a thread and they obviously haven't even bothered to read any of it. It's indicative of a simple mind, deliberate ignorance, and a rush to judgment (and intolerance). A simple mind can be forgiven, but the others are simply unacceptable.
  18. Buckley Loyal Player

If I could vote you to Lead creative director I would. +1 on your ideas
    • Like x 1
  19. NaumNML New Player

I want statues for failure. Maybe have it be it's own section in the hall. Loveable losers status. But it'd be hilarious and motivating if people saw they had "most deaths" or "fewest knockouts"
    • Like x 1
  20. Revoemag Committed Player

I'd like to see open world teleporters to get into our league hall.

Something we can choose like our lairs.

This would add a cool element of ownership of open world locations.
    I can see Leagues hangout on the building that they've chosen as their teleporter spot, possible near an opponent faction leaguehall teleporter location, possible creating open world conflict and lots of random fun.

Idk about you, but leagues fighting it out in open world, like the way it once was, sounds like a blast to me.

So add open world teleporter entrances for leaguehalls plz.
    • Like x 1