League Hall Update addition - mini-games

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JKR, Jul 23, 2021.

1. JKR Well-Known Player

My concern is how to make league halls more viable for the average league member.

- Having the ability to add all available amenitites to the league halls and place them as you choose would be nice as a start.
    - As stated earlier in the League Hall Update post, increase the amount of base items that can be placed.
    - As stated earlier in the League Hall Update post, more missions within the league hall.
    - Intra-League Teleporters to get you to different parts of the league hall quickly (people tend to like short-cuts).
    - More interactive base items and I don't mean a Bat or Owl signal that you can turn on and off.
    Some examples:
    Chairs you can sit in.
    Food eaten, if its displayed, why not.
    Music played, although some items do play music, some do not.
    etc etc etc

and the big one...

Mini-games

Mini-games, a small game that the active player(s) is(are) dropped into that takes you out of the normal DCUO world during the duration of the game visually although other league members could still see you physically within the league hall/base space. The mini-game can be played potentially by multiple users depending on the base item.
    Some examples:
    - Poker Table, four players with 5 card and Texas hold-em where players can bet their own DCUO money.
    - Craps and roulette tables where multiple players can play and bet their own DCUO money.
    - Pool tables 2 - 4 users.
    - Boxing ring 2 users.
    - (Valentine's) Theatre screen that can at least play the origin iconic hero and villian videos.
    - table tennis - 2-4 users.
    - Knife Target - 1 user where you can pick up 3-5 knives and have to aim and throw.
    - Archery Targets - multiple users
    - Gun Range - multiple users
    - cornhole (lol) but why not, 2- 4 users.

Feel free to post additional suggestions but please understand that I've tried to think of mini-games that would fit the hero genre, an office situation or a criminal enterprise.

Hopefully the devs and community gets the idea that this is about creating more avenues for fun and communial experiences within leagues and amongst friends who have these items in their bases. Sometimes players just want to chill out and these options could help keep more players engaged in the game but in a slightly different way.
  2. JKR Well-Known Player

Just a side note, but if we could have these mini games, can we have a top ten leader board for users on that base item like the ol'school big box arcade games used to have.

Thanks
  3. JKR Well-Known Player

Here's a couple of additional suggestions:

- Dance floor, up to 8, 12 players where there are several sections of the floor that trigger different, new or random dances. Possibly even different theme dance floors like salsa or square dancing or whatever.
    - Table Soccer (phoose ball lol), 2 players
    - Bowling Alley(s) 2- 4 player per lane.
    - Big Block "Jenga" (probably would have DCUO the name), 2 - 4 players (i've seen in pub atmospheres).
    - Fishing pond (outside-of-the-box idea)? Maybe 2 players trying to catch fish? could interest somebody?
  4. JKR Well-Known Player

even more suggestions:
    - Chess
    - Checkers
    - 3D Chess (Sci-fi inspired)?
    - Space Monster Chess (Sci-fi inspired)?

Games and activites that promote social interaction with a few solo activites but I would avoid games like solitare. lol
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

I hate to be negative, but I’ve seen dozens of threads full of good ideas for improving league quality of life in various ways over the years, and not a single, solitary actual change. Leagues don’t seem to be on the radar, for whatever reason.
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Booster gold arcade cabinet. space invader style with skeets and Brainiac bots
  7. Eve YouTuber

Kind of similar to my idea. I had the idea of a monthly boss that changes and the league has to contribute X amount of damage, and 8 players have to go in the portal. If the league defeated the boss = bonus rewards, if they didn't, simple reward - failure.
    • Like x 2
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I love this idea
    • Like x 1
  9. JKR Well-Known Player

Trust me, I understand. My original posts so far have been about trying to put a little light on areas that have been "neglected." My point is that I have seen many times league members log-in, do their dailies, maybe hang for a sec and leave. I've also seen when these players are engaged with other activities (even just conversation), it buys more time for other memebers to log-in thus creating more opportunities to form groups, chase feats, talk or whatever.

The point is, whether this could work as a method to kill time between cues, as a social connection mechanism, intra-league competition or I guess for some activties a potentially money making ventures (kids don't gamble, lol), I would believe that with enough variations in "Ultra-Interactive Mini-Games" alot of people may stick around just a little more or pop-up a little more frequently.

Plus, lets be honest. Their are alot of players who just want to have fun and are not into the "competiive SP" world of the game but are still willing to help those more committed players. Fun things may support better league retention and player activity.

- We've had some dueling tournaments in my league and people will flock to the league hall because theirs something to do.
    - I've heard of leagues in the past that have had "carnival night" where they created a bunch of games for their memebers to participate in and were awarded prizes, again something to do.

Imagine:
    - Meeting a friend at a pool hall, bowling alley, Ol'school Arcade, a busy pub or club or a gym to work out but these locations are either a friend's base or your league hall.
    - I'm aware of people recently suggesting more ways to create common hubs for heros and villians. The league halls and bases both allow for any individual or league to be granted access regardless of faction. Could help to lessen that request just on a smaller scale but could promote more cross-league connectivity potentially leading to more active players.

Additional suggestions:
    - Standing ol'school Big Box Arcade video games, 1 player
    - Animations included with gym equipment interactions, i.e. animation of bench pressing or working a speed bag.
    • Like x 2
  10. JKR Well-Known Player

Hey makes sense to me, the boss fight could get people through the door and that's the first step.
    To piggy-back on your idea:
    - if they did a boss fight it would be nice if it involved alot of random bosses that appear randomly to keep things fresh considering they may not ever update this again, lol.
    - by alot, I mean open up the flood gates of variety, as many bosses as you can fit into a rotation or random cycle.
    - This concept could lead to stat buff during base fights to protect lower level members.
    - Due to the weekly and daily set-up the DCUO has gotten us accustomed too, I would think a monthly boss may be a little too infrequent. Truthfully, I would like to see either daily or something different like weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun).
    • Like x 1
  11. JKR Well-Known Player

btw, I know it has been mentioned before, could have been by you (not seeking to take someone's shine lol), either way, I think it would work.
    • Like x 1
  12. JKR Well-Known Player

Exactly, just DCUO the name and style of the arcade game and we're good to go! lol