League Hall statues - just wondering

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bigbadron alt, Oct 6, 2016.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Can anybody tell me what controls the appearance of the statuary that we put in our league halls?

I mean sometimes I put a statue in and it's fairly up to date, with clothes and hair that I recognise. Other times the statue is basically wearing the stuff the character had when they came out of character creation ready to escape the Brainiac ship (and they haven't had that look since about five minutes into the game) which is annoying when you're now CR100+ and have a ton of awesome gear.

So I'm a bit curious about why there's such a variation. Does anybody know?
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I think it is up to the player. I believe that you can control the look of your character by "imprint style" on the decoration panels in the hall.
  3. STARGARD Well-Known Player

you save your appearance at the panel in the league hall
  4. krytine Loyal Player

First off you need to go up to the menu and save your appearance and as in how often they are updated forn1st 2nd and 3rd no idea
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ah... okay. Thanks. I'll try that. :)
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And... perfect! Thank you again everybody. :D:)
  7. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I think some more info for you might help.

First, as was said by the helpful posters above me, the statuary appearance is set by each player, by using the panel(s) in the league hall to "save statuary appearance".

Statuary placing (who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd) and what they appear as(*) is determined weekly by the game. At the time of weekly reset. Any changes to statuary appearance won't show until a new week begins.

(*) edit, addendum (this paragraph): The pose which the statue appears as is chosen by the game, and players have no control. Except that the pose is somewhat determined by what the statuary classification is. Using that caveat, a person with permission to change the statuary classification can switch it around until it appears as a pose they are happy with.

The statuary itself can be changed to display different color and texture statues. Some choices are light stone, dark stone, gold, etc. The statuary can also be changed to set it's clasification. So if when you unlock it, it is "most healing PVP", you can select it to be any other classification available. In this way, you can choose to have the statuary show the 3 statues (players) you prefer.

On a sort of side note, I have a method of introducing people to the league. (Or used to, anyway, since it isn't my bag now.) Whether experienced players or not, all new members are given a tour of the league hall. Some people will need to learn all the basics, such as where the league hall entry teleporters are, and some people will think they know it all. This is the time to instruct people on your league's basic methods... such as "we don't really pvp", or "we exist really only for the shared bank", or "this is our website in addition to statuary placement we have weekly contests with prizes". But back on point, this is the time to show people the panels and tell them about statuary appearance.

Now what would be cool that we don't have (...yet, devs, yet) is the ability for players to save more than one statuary appearance. Such as one for pve, and one for pvp.
  8. Kajuru Well-Known Player

1) Statues reset monthly, not weekly.
    2) Use the terminal to save appearance, exit LH and come back, it will update.
    3) You cant control the poses, they are tied to the class you set the statue to. Eg. Most damage taken(=statue for tanks) = everyone being hit. Most damage out(=statue for DPS) = everyone doing punches. And so on.
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Well, I wasn't really worried about the selection of statues in each spot, or the poses... just the outfits that were showing. But it's all useful to know. Thank you.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

How about most healing done?
  11. Kajuru Well-Known Player

I dont remember how it looks like. It was in answer to it_was_friday, how to change the poses. They are defined by the title of the statue and your position in there
    IMO the most important statues(the 6 big ones) in my league are set to Cornerstone(most playtime and prestige) and Team Player(most raids and alerts completed) in the entrance, and the big room has Destroyer(dps), For the Team(tank), Healer(healer, duh) and Power Healer(troll). Avenge the Fallen is also cool, but I care less for the other statues.
    Why I chose these? Coz they sort of make your League known for either doing stuff or doing their role well, they represent the people who did best/most in these areas, whereas using a statue to "who changed most styles" and "who did most emotes" contribute to nothing.