Launchpad use to start..

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Napoleon, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Running into issues after a complete system wipe due to Windows going BSOD on me for absolutely no reason. Some sort of "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" that wouldn't allow me to restore, repair or even go into safe mode.

Now it seems after having a 5 year old install of DC Universe on Steam VIA another hard drive that worked for the last 5 years through countless reformats of Windows has now been reduced to a launchpad that'll open, but wont go in-game.

Nevertheless, after running validate game assets, deleting some cache I have resorted to a complete reinstall of the game and considering I couldn't download the launchpad exe through daybreak for whatever reason, I have gone through steam once again.

Launchpad has now done exactly the opposite of it's name and now isn't launching at all which happens to be running on a completely different hard drive now. I will see it floating in my task manager for a little while until it fully closes. Now my concern isn't necessarily playing the game, I will figure that much out on my own, after all, a complete reinstall of an operating system + the game it once resided on should have been enough. I will cancel my membership for the time being until a more stable version is released.

Now my main concern falls under the average person who sees a f2p game, goes to download the 30 gigs of it and not even being able to play it. The only reason I am bringing this up is because the community is dying as a whole and having a game that won't even run after the first initial install doesn't help the cause and I've gone through countless threads about similar issues on steam where people just flat out give up and delete the game from their HDD entirely.

Hey, maybe some forum goer has a simple fix for my current issue, regardless.. it shouldn't be happening. I have a completely fresh install of everything, windows, drivers, the game, steam, other games launch no problem.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No error message?

It has been posted by someone before that running DCUO from an external harddrive caused problems.
  3. Napoleon Well-Known Player

No, the daybreak process just hangs in the task manager, no actual launchpad program appears. The install was on a previous external hard drive and now is on an SSD alongside my OS.

I've been reading about download issues with test server over the weekend so perhaps that's what is plaguing me ATM.

Also might be helpful to add, my install directory is 25.3 gigs in its entirety and I recall it being much larger prior to all the issues I've been experiencing. I'm on my 4th attempt to reinstall. Hopefully it's the magic number.

All exceptions have been made for DCUO through NOD32 and Windows default firewall and virus protection, cache doesn't even exist to remove considering launchpad won't completely open. I wanna say I've gone through nearly every possible solution with no success. I've even removed NOD32 and shut all security off in attempt to diagnose a conflict with applications.
  4. Napoleon Well-Known Player

So before that 4th reinstall, I attempted to run launchpad again through steam just to quadruple verify that it was running in administrator mode and all of sudden launchpad opens. It's in the middle of downloading 4 gigs of something, perhaps what I was missing during the initial reinstall, I will confirm whether or not I can get in game once completed. Super strange.. I haven't changed a thing
  5. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Everything is working now. I was corresponding with Daybreak support on the issue and after I mentioned something about my concerns with the prior server issues, launchpad miraculously opened.

I asked them what could possibly cause an issue like that to occur, still waiting for a reply if I even get one. Guess my system decided to bork right in-time with daybreak servers going wonky, lucky me. Thanks