Launchpad Connection Error

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Axel, Feb 26, 2013.

1. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

2. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Since many things can cause this error to appear, I'd suggest submitting a support ticket so we can further assist you. Please be sure to include your DxDiag and Msinfo to expedite the process.
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Since many things can cause this error to appear, I'd suggest submitting a support ticket so we can further assist you. Please be sure to include your DxDiag and Msinfo to expedite the process.
  4. redflame124 New Player

do i install the game on steam will that work guys i need an answer
  5. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

6. AlexV New Player

Hi, I Have an installation problem with dcuo.. I start the launchpad.exe and it starts installing but after a few seconds it crashes. (no blue screen or anything else) When I do it again it starts from the point it stopped and crashes again! please help! Thanks
  7. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Have you checked to make sure your antivirus/firewall programs are set to make the game an exception?
  8. AlexV New Player

Yes I did, dcuo is allowed by firewall and antivirus is closed.. It keeps doing that, now I cant even uninstall it not even by control panel.. when I try to uninstall I have an error "There is a problem with uninstall ( -1)"
  9. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

We're going to need to gather more information to determine the cause of this. Please contact our tech support team via email, chat or phone so we can further assist you. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag/Msinfo to expedite the process.
  10. superquickkid New Player

my launchpad keeps crashing it has been crashing for days i have tried to try everything you guys said but im not a computer guy
  11. Nic G New Player

yea same here, ive tried like 20 different forum posts, from deleting internet options browser stuff, to clearing my launch pad cache, to using the sites launcher set up to activating regional settings and NOTHINGS worked.
  12. Neeto New Player

I've been looking for an hour and a half and i got it working, try these first steps
    1: go to pathway "C:>Program Files(x86)>Steam>Steamapps>Common>DC universe online"
    2: Delete LaunchPad-user
    3: Double Click RegionalSettings (it will be a .bat file or 'Windows Batch File')
    4: Once you do this it will bring up a command prompt for a second and flash away, perfectly normal
    LaunchPan-User might pop back up
    5: Launch through steam, if that doesnt work for you, i have good news.

I've found another solution, and thought i would share, the video is in spanish and i dont speak spanish but its fairly simple to follow, try to follow his onscreen movements. the pathway i used for windows 8 is as follows

1: Control panel>Network and Internet>Internet Options>Connections Tab>LAN settings> uncheck Proxy server box (use a proxy server for your LAN) and check the top box (automatically detect settings)
    2: Click OK and launch through Desktop or Steam.
    here is the link to the spanish video i followed that helped get mine working,

IMPORTANT: IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU, SHARE THIS AROUND VIA COPY/PASTE TO OTHER FORUMS YOU MIGHT HAVE VISITED TO HELP OTHERS OUT.
    i signed in just to share this with you :) do the same for others as this is a very big problem with the Steam/DCUO combination
  13. Aripideos New Player

I tried everything and nothing works when i open up m launchpad it says unable to connect to server i downloaded and re downloaded fixed the filed about a gazillion times please someone help e
  14. SmileB4PIZZA New Player

I was having issues logging in as well, USPS3 but it just let me back on....
  15. Quickfiree SoulSlayer New Player

Hi there,
    I've tried all the solutions yet none of them seem to be working.
    Are there any other solutions?
  16. bigrico420 New Player

im also getting the same error code and i cannot figure out what to do even tried reinstall/repair the game
  17. Clawed Active Player

I have the issue also. you name it I have tried it just short of reloading the pc. However I doubt its the PC. I have checked proxy settings, did selective start up, added DCUO to fire wall settings, disabled firewall, disabled anti virus, checked for spyware, dns flush, system restore, deleted LaunchPad.libs, repair install of dcuo, deleted game entirely, reset internet options, unchecked "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk", disabled modem firewall, checked all settings in modem. now im just waiting on soe to update my ticket but i think they are grasping at straws at this point. The game worked fine a few days ago so not sure what happened. PC has not been updated so im clueless.

Also Other games run just fine such as WOW, MTGO, & SWTOR
  18. CharlieQuinn888 New Player

Thank you TSR-AlexS that worked....but now when I try to load it it will say "Connecting to Login server" but will then freeze and do nothing. Are the servers just down? If not what should I do?
  19. Chysam New Player

@Neeto thanks so much your second way to fix issue worked perfect :)
  20. Sorknight New Player

I've been trying every method possible last time i've played this game was back in about march they have never fixed my issue please fix this it's a very very very good game I want to play it :mad: